Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jujhar Singh

Holla Mhalla

15 posts in this topic

astar shastar vidiya da saab nuu abiyass karondeee

Hola Mohalla

http://sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Hola_Mohalla

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Basant on Ang 1180 of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee

bsMqu mhlw 5 Gru 1 duquky

basa(n)th mehalaa 5 ghar 1 dhuthukae

Basant, Fifth Mehla, First House, Du-Tukay:

<> siqgur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

guru syvau kir nmskwr ]

gur saevo kar namasakaar ||

I serve the Guru, and humbly bow to Him.

Awju hmwrY mMglcwr ]

aaj hamaarai ma(n)galachaar ||

Today is a day of celebration for me.

Awju hmwrY mhw Anµd ]

aaj hamaarai mehaa ana(n)dh ||

Today I am in supreme bliss.

icMq lQI Byty goibMd ]1]

chi(n)th lathhee bhaettae gobi(n)dh ||1||

My anxiety is dispelled, and I have met the Lord of the Universe. ||1||

Awju hmwrY igRih bsMq ]

aaj hamaarai grihi basa(n)th ||

Today, it is springtime in my household.

gun gwey pRB qum@ byAMq ]1] rhwau ]

gun gaaeae prabh thumh baea(n)th ||1|| rehaao ||

I sing Your Glorious Praises, O Infinite Lord God. ||1||Pause||

Awju hmwrY bny Pwg ]

aaj hamaarai banae faag ||

Today, I am celebrating the festival of Phalgun.

pRB sMgI imil Kyln lwg ]

prabh sa(n)gee mil khaelan laag ||

Joining with God's companions, I have begun to play.

holI kInI sMq syv ]

holee keenee sa(n)th saev ||

I celebrate the festival of Holi by serving the Saints.

rMgu lwgw Aiq lwl dyv ]2]

ra(n)g laagaa ath laal dhaev ||2||

I am imbued with the deep crimson color of the Lord's Divine Love. ||2||

mnu qnu mauilE Aiq AnUp ]

man than mouliou ath anoop ||

My mind and body have blossomed forth, in utter, incomparable beauty.

sUkY nwhI Cwv DUp ]

sookai naahee shhaav dhhoop ||

They do not dry out in either sunshine or shade;

sglI rUqI hirAw hoie ]

sagalee roothee hariaa hoe ||

they flourish in all seasons.

sd bsMq gur imly dyv ]3]

sadh basa(n)th gur milae dhaev ||3||

It is always springtime, when I meet with the Divine Guru. ||3||

ibrKu jimE hY pwrjwq ]

birakh jamiou hai paarajaath ||

The wish-fulfilling Elysian Tree has sprouted and grown.

PUl lgy Pl rqn BWiq ]

fool lagae fal rathan bhaa(n)th ||

It bears flowers and fruits, jewels of all sorts.

iqRpiq AGwny hir guxh gwie ]

thripath aghaanae har guneh gaae ||

I am satisfied and fulfilled, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord.

jn nwnk hir hir hir iDAwie ]4]1]

jan naanak har har har dhhiaae ||4||1||

Servant Nanak meditates on the Lord, Har, Har, Har. ||4||1||

Bhai Harbans Singh Jagadhri Wale - Holi Kini Sant Sev

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdFT24S-PBs...re=channel_page

Fateh Ji,

nice program, shame it was told by a Naamdhari, who has aknowledged Ram Singh as a Guru which is gives reason to believe Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not Guru when infact they are...

He goes on to big up the NaamDhari's and comes up with fake history of Guru Gobind Singh Ji making 'Sant Khalsa'....

listen to the last 15minz of the prog.

very upsetting, but nothing can be done about it now.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Fateh ji.

well obviously a namdhari would acknowledge guru ram singh as guru. were not telling anione to not believe ad granth sahib ji as guru. and whsat he stated about guru ram singh and the sant khalsa are all facts. i believe this is an excellenat approach kooke have done to spread sikhi especially through the bbc. stories of dasam pita were mention and katha like this should be encouraged at a public level. only i we have ekta ion our comunity to do stuff like this will we be sucessful in preaching sikhi to our younger generation. and yes t guru ram singh ji is par of sikhi even non namdharis acnowledge him for what was done and respectfully call him baba ram singh ji.

fateh

lets not destroy this thread by making it into a naamdhari discussion guys. plz, save the bs for some other time.

anyways, a point that was made in the video, the chardi kala language that was given to khalsa by maharaj, in today's world known as nihang boli. can somebody list all the differnt words of this boli? like with the meanings? (if this is going off topic, somebody plz let me know, ill just start a new thread)

Fateh Ji,

Gurbani says : Holi kiini sant sev, ragh laaga att lal dev.

Problem today is Holi has been reduced to troubling people and drinking Bhang.

chd1.jpg

chd3.jpg

Compare these with the Hola Mahala celebration in Anandpur Sahib:

pb6.jpg

18,207 units of blood were collected at Anadpur Sahib

There's a very telling photograph of two Nihangs applying color on each other.... very very degnified. I'll try to get it and post it in my next post.

Guru Rakha

well obviously a namdhari would acknowledge guru ram singh as guru. were not telling anione to not believe ad granth sahib ji as guru. and whsat he stated about guru ram singh and the sant khalsa are all facts. i believe this is an excellenat approach kooke have done to spread sikhi especially through the bbc. stories of dasam pita were mention and katha like this should be encouraged at a public level. only i we have ekta ion our comunity to do stuff like this will we be sucessful in preaching sikhi to our younger generation. and yes t guru ram singh ji is par of sikhi even non namdharis acnowledge him for what was done and respectfully call him baba ram singh ji.

fateh

Fateh ji,

Point taken, and a valid one too. I'm all for Ekta, but my point being those that do not believe Guru Granth Sahib Ji is Maharaj, how can we accept them into the panth?

Same goes for ppl who dont believe in Raagmala, or parts of Dasam Granth Ji?

Before ppl start thinking i'm having a digg, i'm just making vichaar on a thought i have and perhaps 'A' answer could be found within the cyber sangat?

Forgive me for any mistakes..

Fateh ji!

fateh

i understand what u are saying however how can an individual or a group of people have the authority to decide who is allowed in the sikh panth or not. this can only be done by the guru and akal purakh waheguru himself. according to gurbani this is the definition of what asikh is :ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਅਖਾਏ ਸੁ ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥

gur sathigur kaa jo sikh akhaaeae s bhalakae outh har naam dhhiaavai ||

One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru the True Guru shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

namdharis do believe in raagmala , every single pavitar ang in ad sri granth sahib ji, and dasam granth sahib ji. i can assure you that just because we do not regard ad sri granth sahib ji as having the guruship does not mean that we do not respect it. from personal observation i believe that namdharis respect ad and dasam garnth sahib ji more than many who consider it as a guru in many gurudhwaras.

fate ji