Sikhs And Organ Donation

1kAuR1

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I wanted to know what the Sikh stance is on organ donation?

So far I have found out that as a Sikh you are doing a sewa by donating your organs when you die. This is said with Gurbani references.

On the other hand a Nihung Singh told me that you cannot donate organs as in your Antim Ardas/Final prayer their is mention of 'panj pootat sareer' (sorry forgot the actual term used).

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

• 3 months later...
I know that most nihungs are against organ donation but is it due to rehat reasons or other?

I have also heard that when your organs are taken your kesh will be cut, does kesh still have a significance after death?

If they were to operate on me today, whilst i'm alive, they would need to cut my kesh. Hell, if i need open heart surgery they'd need a Flymo to get there 1st. Sikhi is a practical religion. The soul has left the body at death, if they need to shave the area to reach my organs, i would have no problem with it at all.

I know that most nihungs are against organ donation but is it due to rehat reasons or other?

I have also heard that when your organs are taken your kesh will be cut, does kesh still have a significance after death?

If they were to operate on me today, whilst i'm alive, they would need to cut my kesh. Hell, if i need open heart surgery they'd need a Flymo to get there 1st. Sikhi is a practical religion. The soul has left the body at death, if they need to shave the area to reach my organs, i would have no problem with it at all.

there was a brahmgiani who was going 2 need a hernia operation and the doctors sed that they would hav 2 shave his hair. he said do the operation but not 2 cut his hair. the doctors agreed and didnt cut his hair. the operation was 100% successful.