The Racial Abuse Thread

Paneer Monster

WJKK, WJKF

I'm a male and I'm 12

I live in Birmingham, UK

Racial abuse everyday here. Normaly I'll get a 'paki' or 'raghead' remark which I will ignore. Just recently it got so worse some older Muslims tried to touch my Dumalla and try to take pics to edit etc. I told the teacher straight up, they were suspended :D if the situation wasn't resolved I had some older Singh's ready to deal with the situation :p I think we shouldn't be scared of these idiots and stand up to them and remember to use violence as a last resort. Not that I disagree with anything said on this topic.

WJKK, WJKF

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regurly from age 3-12

If someone begins physical, I wont spare him/her

pureee chatka...

Oh ki hunda ji?

lol it was a joke, as you must know chatka means kill with one blow......

OHHHH

I got jhatka but was struck with puree as theres no such word in Punjabi except Puris (the one u eat with cholley)

Now I get, you used Punglish :D

During my secondary school years (age 11-16)

I was called a 'teabag' by a kid in the early years of secondary school. I used to laugh it off as he used to say it as a joke. I didn't really hang around with him so it wasn't very often he'd call me it. More like when we'd bump into each other etc. In the later years of secondary school (13-15 years) I had started wearing a black patka.

Anyway, during the final years of school, we were in classes next door to each other which didn't have a proper teacher, so students used to mix up in the classes. Here he started calling me a 'teabag' again. Again I didn't say anything, but tried to avoid him as much as possible. I started to think that this couldn't go on any longer. He should have matured by this time, but still, he called me it as if it was some sort of joke..even after all these years.

But one day, in the last year of school, our 'group' (indians/pakistanis/whites/blacks etc) was heading back from the chippie and he was heading back from somewhere else and joined in with our group. I had already thought to myself that enough is enough, time to stand up for myself and speak. So when he said "Alright teabag?" I lost it. He was used to me not reacting to what he called me so was taken back when I did. I still vaguely remember what was said:

Him: Alright teabag?

Me: Don't call me a teabag!

Him: Why?

Me: I have a name

Him: I call you what I want

Me: No you can call me by my name, just as you call my friends by their names.

Him: **** ***! Nobody told you to come to our country! You come here by choice and we call you what we want!

Me: I was born here. Its my country as much as it is yours. My friends don't call me a teabag. Speak for yourself

Him: **** ***!

Me: Do I know you? get lost

At this point he was quite embarrassed as nobody was supporting him as (I guess) he expected. He was trying to bring members of my group into the argument but they weren't getting involved. I was ready for a fight at this point as tempers were flowing. I haven't had many fights in my life so it wasn't normal for me to be like this. He walked off trying to justify his actions with another friend of mine but he wasn't saying anything either. After he had gone, my friends came over to me and congratulated me on standing up for myself etc..saying they didn't like him either etc..

After this altercation, he never called me a teabag again. He didn't apologise but tried to act all friendly with me whenever he was around our circle of friends. Ofcourse I wasn't having any of it, as I knew he still felt the same inside. This was proven when me and a pal, after we had left school, were walking up to a shop where he was coming in the opposite direction. He greeted my mate, but blanked me. I was happy as he still had the happenings of the past in mind.

Just before Christmas last year i was taking a shortcut home through a market in north London. Several workers (white) on the market stall shouted comments such as "Afghanistan....", "Bin Ladin"... etc... i couldnt hear the details as i was listening to Gurbanee through my ipod. I didnt say anything and carried on my journey home. I am considering going back with a hidden camera or something.

Anyone else have any experiences they would like to share?.... If not, I will share some more in due course lol

As some of you may be aware, i done charity work in Botswana and when we were flying back to this great land, in south africa a kala said, what is that on your head, i said a turban he sed u are arab? i said no sikh, he said why u keep beard, i replied why, he said your related to bin laden! i looked at him i was about to curse when the lady who i think was apni said NOOOOOO total different religion, you need help you idiotic man he shut up then and i went with the necklace i had brought.

Regurly from age 3-12

pureee chatka...

Oh ki hunda ji?

OHHHH

I got jhatka but was struck with puree as theres no such word in Punjabi except Puris (the one u eat with cholley)

ahhahahahahaha.....that me laugh really hard!!! :LOLz:

Racial abuse by Panjabi Sikhs...how did I react? I left for greener pastures.

Not that my advice is of any use to you now, but I think you should have focused yourself in pursuing Pita Guru Gobind SIngh Ji's love, instead of his Sikhs. Because honestly it's hard to distinguish from fake and genuine Sikhs unless you have antaryaamta.

I don't know, perhaps the real issue was you couldn't maintain your faith in Guruji, might doubt have played tricks with your mind?

In all humility I have to say, it seems difficult to turn my back on God and Guruji no matter how the world, other sikhs around me behave.

anyway, enjoy your pastures.

Regurly from age 3-12

pureee chatka...

Oh ki hunda ji?

OHHHH

ahhahahahahaha.....that me laugh really hard!!! :LOLz:

LOl

where i live many people say weird words such as ''pure merkage'' which means erm pure killing? so i thought pure chatka would be better

This is what Canada was like in the 70's specifily Vancouver and its suburbs.

When I moved to Canada the first thing I learned was the middle finger because so many people would drive by and finger you or called you Hindus, Puns and etc. Paki was a word unheard of back then. We had drive by spitting by these racist people. We have had rocks thrown at us by other school children. We had our distars taken off. Guru Ghars were small in many areas. This one paticular one where we lived was a church converted into a Guru Ghar. Every night someone would drive by throw rocks at the Guru Ghar call out names. They even tried to set the Guru Ghar on fire. I remember one Guru Ghar in Vancouver was fire bombed. It was a terrifying experience. Sometimes my mother would be alone she was the only one to care for us because in the evening my father would go to school so he could get Canadian Education. As we grew up racism started to die down. In 1984 open racism had vanished. In the hard times our people used violence. Punjabis became famous for having grass hockey sticks in their cars. In one incident a woman in a rural area bought a gun and shot and killed one of the persons that came to their farm every night and burned crosses, or their barn. The person she shot was a son of a Police man. Even police back then were racist. Because Canada is a gun controlled country racial killing with guns was not heard of. Americans are known for being trigger happy. Education is one of the biggest weapon. Educating the youg is very important. In school someone went there and told about Sikh and even tied distars of on children, this was so they would know what it feels like to wear one and that a distar is not a rag. Some people that I met after 30 years questioned me. We see a lot of Sikh people that went to school with us have taken off their turbans and cut their hair. They ask me why have I not done that. One of my biggest answers is we paid a price to keep this identiy. Why give in to people who hate us. There is a saying I come to your contry you ask me to remove my turban, cut my hair because you don't like me. Then you tell me to convert into chirstiany because you don't like my religion. At the end you say I don't like your colour, that is something we can not change so you can not make anyone happy, why should I chage my ID because at the end you still don't like me. Unfortunately US has a long way to go, France and some other European countires are no better. It is sad to see this happening to Sikhs.

One little note:

We did not teach the other community Bhangra, or other silly traditions in the Punjabi culture. We told them about Sikhi. Our traditions have made us look like a buch of people out of control.

Regurly from age 3-12

pureee chatka...

Oh ki hunda ji?

OHHHH