No Beards Allowed, Except For Sikhs: Iaf Tells Sc

buddasingh

Sikhs MUST speak up against this discrimination of religious freedom!! If we don't, we make bowing our head before our guruji a ritual.

How can Sikhs expect any empathy with respect to France if they don't speak up against their what a country under a sikh PM is doing? We have the modern day equivalent of KKK mindsets making decisions like this with little dissent. If there are any Muslim brothers and sisters out there, whether you keep the beard or not, know that Sikhs still exist who recognize this is an assault upon your religious freedom and therefore ours. Know that we are together with like minded Muslim, Hindu & Christian family in opposing this blatant RACISM!

Source: http://sikhsangat.org/1469/2009/01/no-bear...s-iaf-tells-sc/

New Delhi: The Indian Air Force has clearly told the Supreme Court that the beard accepted policy is only and only applicable to the Sikhs and others will have to shave. Even its Muslim personnel can’t grow beards since this “practice” is “not universally recognized in Islam”, the IAF told Supreme Court.

While in uniform, the IAF said, the appearance of an individual should not give indications of religious bias. The submission was in response to a petition filed by Leading Aircraftsman Ansari Aftab Ahmad, who has challenged his senior’s order to shave.

Ahmad said his religion prohibited shaving the beard and he should be permitted to keep it as per IAF rules. He moved Supreme Court after the Punjab and Haryana High Court ruled against him.

The IAF denied it had rules permitting Muslims to sport a beard. It said Muslim personnel who joined before January 2002 were allowed a beard and moustache, if they had it at the time of commissioning or enrolment. Ahmad was clean-shaven when he joined in 2001. Also, the revised policy of 2003 disallows beards in the force.

What a joke

There is no religion where it has been ephasised that a beard should be kept, even in Islam.

So if muslims keep a beard, its their personal choice (but they cant leave the moustache untouched, they have to cut it)

But theres no doubt that Muhammad had a beard, but its not nec for Muslims or any other religious group...

So why should we fight for other peoples personal choices?

they do have a choice: keep a beard and get another job or cut the beard and keep their job. and if you can find the line in the koran which says keep a beard, then i will join you in trying to encourage religous freedom. otherwise try not to get too overexcited.

^Because the point is they don't have a choice anymore?

Have you actually read my whole post are your just reacting on one bit?

It isnt compulsary for Muslim males to keep a beard... Show the verse in the Quran if it is said to be..

Have you actually read my whole post are your just reacting on one bit?

I read it : ) and answered the line in which you asked a question.

they do have a choice: keep a beard and get another job or cut the beard and keep their job.

Yes. As was/is the case with Sikhs in many places. If that's acceptable to you then okay.

I thought this point of this thread is that Sikhs are meant to stand up for anyone in need, not just themselves. Correct me buddasingh if I'm wrong. I'm not sure why everyone is focusing only on Muslims? If people want to keep a beard why shouldn't they be allowed to.