Naam Abyass

jessicarox

how do u guys do naam sirman? like at what pace and do you do it with a tape? i learned to do it like in your breath so inhale"wahe" and exhale "guru". during the day it's supposed to be like background music in your head and you should do it out loud at least every night. the baba that tought this called it naam abyass and his site is at <admin-cut>

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

yes u r right. we inhale Wahe then exhale Guru.....U r supposed to do it at a pace that feels comfortable 2 u. Sitting in a quiete place. The thing with waheguru as a background thing will come over time, it is like repeating the name with every breath will cum ova time, swaas swaas simran.

hope that helped

RAZ

Actually you should not tell people very openly about this Vidhi of Naam Simran. This is a Vidhi only the Panj Pyaraas have the right to teach, not us average Sikhs. The Panj Pyaras teach it in detail or Naam Drirh, and teach the science behind Swaas Swaas Simran, and how it opens the Dasam Duar.

Sat Sri Akal:

I have heard the opinion that Bhai Vir Singh has expressed (a weighty name this Vir Singh is...keep it well!)...to not let others know about how to do Naam Simran. Some people have even stated that Naam Simran in front of Non-Amritdharis is wrong and should be stopped because it diminishes the worth of the word?

But one must realize that the Panj Pyare don't just give a word that is some magical mantar to Sikhs. True, the word Waheguru is Gurbani (it is, after all present in the Guru Granth Sahib). But its essence and its deepest meaning is imparted by the Panj Pyare to those who take amrit. Those who have not taken amrit and do Naam Simran will be affected by it, but not in the same way as Amritdharis. The Amrit given to the initiated transforms their inner being so that they may experience the true heights of naam simran.

So the true secret of Naam Simran is not something spoken. It is given by the Panj Pyare through the medium of Amrit to the initiates. It's secret cannot be simply spoken. If that were true, would Guru Gobind Singh have told the Khalsa Panth to greet other loudly with "Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh"? Would that not give away this secret?

The one book that I have read that explains about this is Bhai Randhir Singh's "The Meaning of Sikh Baptism (by Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh)" at the following URL:

http://www.akj.org.uk/literature/article.a....asp?sec=Gurmat.

Forgive any mistakes I might have made. I am still learning.

Guest SikhForLife

veers.. and bhains

ive a little different understanding of naam simran

naam simran is simply not the repeatition of the word "waheguru" over and over

but something more deep..

it is the remembrance of God and realizing that God is everywhere..

naam simran can be done in everyday life.. at any time... not just sitting quietly in a room...

naam japana may be different.. but naam simran, accoding to my understanding. is not the repeatition of the word "waheguru" but the realization of what it means and how to see it in practical life

my 2 cents

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I agree with vir singh that naam simran technique (the correct one) can only be taught by panj pyares. Even if you are copying someone, you wont get it right till panj specifically show you how and make sure u are doing it right.. naam simran must be done saas giraas, this is the most effective way. It is mentione dmany times in gurbani saas saas har dhiavo, saas saas gun gaavo..

Saas giraas simran is doing simran with every breath in a specified method.

Also, that babas site must be avoided. It is a brainwashing cult site. <admin note: we have removed the url for this reason>

Bhai Mohinder Singh SDO was excommunicated by akal takht for what is on that site. Of course he did his punishment and is now loosely considered a sikh, but his manmat and anti-sikhi philosophy is still alive on that site. BE CAREFUL!!!

jus something came in mind.

how lucky is SDO..that he was given punishment by Akal takhat.

im saying lucky here becouse if we look at it in a diffrent way....so many people do wrong things everyday, but do they get punished by the Highest court of Sikhs?

only those who are pirayray of akal; are dear to Guru sahiban are punished His way. and look at SDO..who many peopel have found out bout him, and prolly have talked bout him, how he went againt sikhi...he did wrong.. so much NINDA prolly was done...why cuz Guru sahiban wanted his wrong doings to be washed away in this life.

how sweet is justice of my beloved! pray.gif

waheguru...waheguru....waheguru...waheguru...waheguru.. pray.gif

jus my thoughts

if i said anything wrong ..plz forgive me

waheguru

Akal sahai