Gurbani In Newspapers!?!?!?!?

ms514

Sat Sri Akal:

Sat Sri Akal:

Recently, a new newspaper titled "Indian Express" was started in the Central New Jersey area. In it's last issue (June 20-26 is the date given on the newspaper), a hukamnama from the Guru Granth Sahib was published.

I am very appreciative that the newspaper wishes to spread the Guru's word, but I am even more concerned that the word of the Guru, which is from the Almighty itself, is being published in the newspaper. Everyone knows the treatment that newspapers get...from being thrown to curbs, to being kept on the ground, to even lining bird cages! I do not want that the Guru's word be treated in such deplorable ways. I e-mailed the Editor to find out what their views are and to hopefully get that segment discontinued to maintain the dignity of Gurbani.

The Editor's e-mail address is ratainda@yahoo.com and the Chief Editor's name is Satnam Singh (Ratainda).

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ms514

WJKK WJKFateh Bro

Its not right to put Gurbani in the newspapers, because people step on papers, I know in the winter we use to put the papers in our car, so the mats won't get dirty with muddy shoes, now if on that paper, it was Gurbani, that would be very disrespectful.

Stepping on gurbani, putting gurbani on the floor, is all disrespect to the Guru's word. Its just common sense, whoever doesn't understand the concept behind it and considers is just a "piece of paper", is a fool! B)

WJKK WJKFateh!

I personally make sure that any newspaper which contains Gurbani or even Gurmukhi such as Punjabi papers, books never touch the floor in my house. We should give respect to not only Gurbani but also our mother tongue Punjab written in Gurmukhi script. Thus it should not touch the floor in our homes.

Guest SikhForLife

i posted on this thread before.. did my post get deleted?

dont censor opinions

now u got me all disapointed in this forum

post was below jessicas first post

khalsa veer.. slandering is a bad thing

Guest SikhForLife

ill post it again.. my OPINIONS.. you can do whatever u think is right!

--------------

its not the physical form but the knowledge one should respect..

we dont worship guru granth sahib physically.. we respect its knowledge..

so how can something so great be dis-respected by mere throwing it in the river.. or disposing it.. think about it...

its beyond such worldy things..

and then how can u say.. burning is ok . but not throwing it in the river.. or burrying it in the ground.. ? eventually its merging with nature

veerji think about that..

we can keep on collecting gurbani lines from wedding cards.. or other newspapers.. but if we dont even know what its saying then what kind of respect are we giving it?

respect comes from the heart and the in love with waheguru.. and following the teachings..

that knowledge is beyond haterd or disrespectfulness and such worldy ways

----------------------------

i urge u not to delete this post

cuz if u know me.. i am always ready to listen and respect your opinions

Guest learner singh

I second that whatever Sikhiforlife has said in this thread. Let's not make Sikhism same as Islam. If that newspaper article spread the word of Sikhism then its worth having Gurbani over there.

I respect the opinion of ms514 and his dedication which is awesome but still let's not turn our religion into orthodox views but let the truth spread to everyone. Let everyone be aware of Sikhism.