Music

jessicarox

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

yes u can but good once now ull ask what is good and bad first ill tell u bad ,bad that once wich our mind becomes dirty we should not listen to that ,good wich ur heart becomes happy and love comes out from ur heart that one.

sikhe dosent stops from doing any any thing but respect 5 bajjar kuret thats all do anything. :D

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru ji ki fateh jio

that only u can know if u is a good sikg or not or Guru sahiban knows!

and bout listing to music....it all depends

i used to love it..

then i stopped complitly..reason being it was bosting my ego!

and i started to have pride in wrong thing :D

then Guru sahib ji's kirpa...once u start to listening to Gurbani, then all these songs sound soo not worth listening to...lol

but i like folk songs. anysong that has anything to do with punjabi life(not sharabh,booz, etc) but the one that show pure sweet culture in the song.

and the songs or poems written on Singh; Khalsaz; sardars.

i think music is not somehthing that u can avoid, but for sure it can lead to wrong things(that is IF U DUMB person like me)

plus music is "media", which influence us to act in some wikid way.

and most of the songs i have heard...they all bout lust, love...sadness..in other words its all bout ATTACHMENT ..hehhehehehe

so whats teh point of listing to stuff taht will lead us to one of the choor?

if u knwo what im saying B)

plus if u do ur banis get up in the morning and do what Guru sahiban says..then yea u is a good sikh...if those songs dont affect u in anyway but jus for free time :D then its all good

aight bhul chuk muaff karni

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh jio

jus wana ask? whats up with teh pic ji? i dont know if u is sikh

i don't see anything wrong with that.. however it depends on the lyrics.. For example some lyrics are about spreading hate, greed, lust and anger.. So as long as u keep simple then everything is cool..

I listen to creed band all tha time and i also listen to gurbani.. I have around 10 gurbanis cds in my car so do i have 10 others about rock music.. So it's fine and all okay.. thats my personal view..

I avoid punjabi and rap music though.. ummm ..it just doesn't fit my style :D

So... can u be a good sikh and listen to other music other than gurbani? yeah u can but it depends on Lyrics.. B)

We listen to music to make ourself feel good, relaxed, sometimes get so into it and love the beats that are going. Well our Guruji says, that make simran your music, make gurbani your beats, and get into it with all your heart, and you shall have the 9 treasures of the world. ^_^

Gurbani is sooo precious, also this mind is such a wanderer, full of soo much filth that the only way we can make it clean is by listening to Guru's shabad, trust me, most people on this board listen to or have listened to music, but after you get the love of Gurbani, you take music as just an attachment or 'moh'.

I listen to music once in a while, for the beats, or for the music itself, as everyone's sayin try to stay away from bad lyrics!! wubb.gif

:nihungsmile:

:D @ i got over 5000 punjabi mp3's. I like listening to most of the music which i have, but i make it a habit of not remembering or thinking a lot about the songs. B4 going to sleep i listen to Shabads, which i like to sing along with.

I think Shabads brings you closer to god, because the power of music is that ur heart and mind all start singing when u are listening to good music.

well i could enjoy gurbani waaaaayyyyy more if i could understand what it means. it still makes me think about sikhi though. i think most people like a variety of music that way you dont become affected by the bad type.

Well as long as gurbani has some effect on u wubb.gif keep listening.

well i could enjoy gurbani waaaaayyyyy more if i could understand what it means. it still makes me think about sikhi though. i think most people like a variety of music that way you dont become affected by the bad type.

Well as long as gurbani has some effect on u wubb.gif keep listening.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

yes amardeep veerje u are rite wubb.gif jessicarox sister one of my loving brother mailed me a short katha thanks to him ,im placing it here in the form pls read after that i think some of ur doughts may clear :D

i do not remember a giani ji, who gave this example in gurudwara,

but he

re is the best one I have ever heard. He mentioned that at one time, a young child went to a Sikh Saint, and stated that no, matter how hard he tried to keep Gurbani in his heart, he just could not understand or keep it. He stated that his mind was not a bucket, but a strainer, which let everything pass through and did not contain the meaning of gurbani.

The saint said "let us try an experiment. Here is a strainer, and here is some water, and pour a bucket of water through the strainer. " The child did this and said " see the water was not contained, it just passed through, my mind is just like this". The saint said. " Do it once more" , he did, and still the water passed through the strainer. The saint said. " Do it ten times at least". The child did, and at the end of this experiment, he said " See water still passes through, no matter how many times , and how many buckets we pass through it" . The saint said. " Look carefully at the strainer and see if there is any thing different." The child did, and his eyes were filled with tears, and he said. "Yes, i see the differnce now, the grimy dirty strainer is now shiny and bright, like never before.

The saint said. " My son, this is what Gurbani does for you, it cleans your mind, and even if you do not realize it, it slowly cleanses your mind, and protects you from the five vices. The more you recite Gurbani, your mind will not only become shinier, but become like the bucket itself, which will not only become clean , but hold the meaning of Gurbani in your heart"

The child smiled, and felt he had received the best example of the power of Gurbani, ever.

My friends, we are no different than the child, i believe as long as we try to recite Gurbani, and understand the meaning, we too will find strength and control to overcome the five vices, which are ruin of every one. :D

^_^

Waheguru Waheguru.....

well people,,,, even if you do not understand what Gurbani says....and mostly i do not either.. rolleyes.gif ....but what i like to do is: well when u got time....just start doing 'Waheguru Waheguru...' or just recite very small common verses that u understand (this is Naam Simran)....and surely you will feel The Spirit.