Reading Sri Guru Granth Sahib Online.

Singh23

WJKK WJKF

Sangat Ji, I want to go more in depth into bani and want to read from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The problem is I am not in a position where I can go to the Gurudwara and learn. I found a site online http://www.granthsahib.com/ which is practically the guru granth sahib ji online. I was thinking that I could read a few pages a day, enough to be done a reading(sej path?) in 2 months, everyday after rehras sahib. But I was wondering if the sangat could give me a tips about how to do this respectfully, and if i should do it on the internet. (Anything from how many pages I should do, to how to include the bani I read in my ardaas, how to keep track of my progress, any shabad or bani I should do before starting each day)

Any advice is appreciated!

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

Sangat Ji, I want to go more in depth into bani and want to read from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The problem is I am not in a position where I can go to the Gurudwara and learn. I found a site online http://www.granthsahib.com/ which is practically the guru granth sahib ji online. I was thinking that I could read a few pages a day, enough to be done a reading(sej path?) in 2 months, everyday after rehras sahib. But I was wondering if the sangat could give me a tips about how to do this respectfully, and if i should do it on the internet. (Anything from how many pages I should do, to how to include the bani I read in my ardaas, how to keep track of my progress, any shabad or bani I should do before starting each day)

WJKK WJKF

veerji respect is in heart and neeyat and ur love towards maharj :) u can read sggs online "jee raj kea" no problem at all .... and kirpa we hovege maharj da hukam lag gaya ta :D good luck

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

Wjkk Wjkf jeo

Veer ji, its nice to hear you have got the pyaas in your heart to learn more about Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. Let me say this before I even attempt to answer: I am not an expert at rehat, nor I am an expert at gurbani (perhaps never will) but still, this is what I do for sehaj paath on the computer (i have a pdf file but its pretty much the same thing i suppose):

1. Firstly, id suggest you delete any anti-gurmatt material on your disk. If you have any songs/pics etc, I would suggest you move them to some seperate disk if you wish to retain them, otherwise just get rid of such stuff.

2. Make sure your laptop/computer is nice and clean physically i mean, coz once you open Gurbani on it, according to me, it becomes a saroop and that needs to be taken into account.

3/ Before doing the path, kindly take a shower or if not possible, do a panj ishanaan (wash you hands/feet/face/brush etc). Basically, follow the same rehat as you would before/while doing your nitnem. Close as many windows on your computer as possible, close any instant messaging apps and the like, so that Guruji have the highest precedence. Keep your laptop/computer at a higher place than yourself, then start the paath.

4. About the ardaas, i think its the respect that matters more (which you have :) ), just recite the normal ardaas and say 'Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib ji de ang. ___ de sehaj paath ji di ardaas hai ji', and bhull chukk di maafi as well because there are bound to be mistakes while doing Guru Granth Sahib ji's paath (i most certainly do!), and that may Waheguru ji give you more strength to recite shudh gurbani.

5. You can keep track of your progress by making simple notes in a notepad file and save it with an appropriate title, and at a place on ur disk where there is no 'clutter'.

6. According to my tucch buddhi, I think you should start with doing a manglacharan uchaaran before starting, and once you are done for the day, make sure you read the entire ang instead of leaving it in the middle.

As i said, I am no expert, so please excuse if I have said something that is not appropriate! May Waheguru Ji bless you with all the happiness of the naam!

Fateh ji!

• 3 months later...
Guest parvinder
WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

veerji respect is in heart and neeyat and ur love towards maharj :) u can read sggs online "jee raj kea" no problem at all .... and kirpa we hovege maharj da hukam lag gaya ta :D good luck

• 2 years later...
Guest Amritpal Singh

GURU FATEH JI ,

Congratulations for having so much of love for Bani , and inclination to do Sahej

Path Sahib , from sources available . I too am not an expert in Rehat maryada , but had a chance to have sangat with many highly literate Gurmukh Sants , and this is what I have learned that Sikhi is not rigid !! Highly flexible . We have to be in rehat maryada for sure , but if the circumstances are such one can do naam simran everytime anywhere !!. Hukam is "Aath pehar aaradhiye "!!

There are so many people like me also staying in foreign countries where we dont have a single Gurdwara Sahib also . So , I do not see any harm if we are reading the Bani of Sri Guru Granth Sahibji online , and keeping our soul and mind with Guruji !! I myself keep listening to live kirtan on the net , listening to puratan ragi Singhjis , and listening to progg from gurmat sangeet projects also . As said by another veerji , I too agree that u can have a bath / paanj ishnan , keep the computer on a table / higher place , and do manglacharan as we normally do when we take the Hukamnama from Guru Granth Sahibji , and you can start your Sehaj Path Sahib !! Atleast I see no harm and a lot better than wasting time on something else !! May Waheguru ji Bless You !!

Sangat ji , I maybe wrong , pls excuse me , I beg your pardon with folded hands . Just have exressed my views and what I learnt from may mahapurush jis in my life .

• 9 months later...
Guest SANJAY KINGRANI

Thank you very through this website now I will also be able to read Sri Guru Giranth Sahib online.....Veer ji you became the source fou r me to read Sri Guru Giranth Sahib online...thank you soooooo much.....

regards:

Sanjay Kingrani

Sindh,Pakistan

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Guest Kindly advise me

:waheguru:

Waheguru g ka khalsa waheguru g ki fateh

I also want to start guru Granth sahib ji via mob. App. I have never read Punjabi but doing path in Hindi and also have faced issue while doing any path first time and pronouncing Gurmukhi language. So kindly pleased me with your opinions.

What's the procedure to start first time?

How many pages or angs I need to read?

Before starting I need to make deg l, read hukamnama, then ardas and start path after finishing ardas again? Kindly clear me all.

Please Forgive me if I say anything wrong as I don't have much knowledge in Sikhism.

Sadh Sangat da dhanwad