Sevaa & Simran

Akaali

Seva and Simran

Not that I know anything, except that i was lucky enough to do seva of a GurSikh who's face glowed. We used to go to the gurdwara together, I always wanted to know about his spiritual experiences, about how to jap naam etc etc. Whenever i had those questions in my mind he used to answer (without me even asking!) 'A Bibi ji used to come to the gurdwara and do seva devotedly one day she came in really exited and enthusiastic, she was telling everyone that she'd been blessed with darshan of Guru Gobind Singh ji. SHE NEVER HAD DARSHAN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

So because he wasnt prepared to divulge that knowledge incase of depleting his blessings, I had to do ardas to Guru Granth Sahib for answers and in the end it all boiled down to 'Gian Dhian kich karam na jana, sar na jana teree. Sabh te vada Satguru Nanak Jin kal rakhee meree' Guru Arjun Dev ji Maharaj.Master of spirituality, knower of all techniques, divine teacher of mankind and King of Martyrs says 'I don't know about divine knowledge, meditation, good deeds, I dont know your extent O Lord. (All I know is) Greater than all is SatGuru Nanak who protected me in the age of Darkness'.

And then answers come to you at the right time, inside...I guess Guru Granth Sahib jee talks to us direct by putting ideas and thoughts directly in our mind, rather than having to use mouth tongue and words which can be misunderstood. So the GurSikh did me a great favour, he made my link to Guru Granth Sahib jee stronger rather than making my link to him.

Plus when 'things' happen it's hard not to talk about, leading to ego, leading to the 'back to square one' syndrome. (which is where i am!).

Ask your questions to Guru Granth Sahib ji, be patient, patient, patient for the answer and you'll know inside what's right & what's wrong. Keep one's mouth quiet and ego will stay at bay.

What my firend the GurSikh did used to emphasise about a hundred times a day to everyone he talked to was... 'Nimritha & Pyaar' .. Humility and Love for Guru ji, Vaheguru jee, and especially with each other. Go to sadh sangat twice a day, never miss amritvela'.

What is seva but to ultimately become humble enough to clean the Sadh Sangats shoes, to wash their dishes, to clean the place where they sit and all for love of Guru ji. And when you've hammered those 2 qualities into your mind set then you'll do simran with humility and love...and then you're going places with Guru ji's kirpa.

People point up when they refer to God, but we dont reach God by going high, we reach Vaheguru jee by going down, lower than low, the dust of everyone's feet. Try this next time you do mool mantr:

Having said Ik Onkar, imagine your forehead at the 'feet' of Ik Oankar as you say Vaheguru. Having said SatNam, imagine yourself with your forehead at the feet of Satnaam as you say Vaheguru with love and humility and so on for the rest of mool mantr.