Guest concerned

Guest concerned

the economy in america is so bad now, and companies are getting rid of people instead of hiring them. i am an foreign student in america and have graduated with a master's degree. now i am worried about getting a job here. i know as an amritdhari we are not supposed to tie our beards. but a lot of people, and that includes my family as well have been forcing me to tie my beard for job interview. my soul doesn't find this acceptable or tolerable, and i need to find a job soon in america. what can i do? which place in america hires foreign nationals and doesn't discriminate on the basis of appearance?

thank you very much

well have been forcing me to tie my beard for job interview

forcing??so they pin u down and tie ur beard for u do they???as for companies not emplying u coz u have got a beard u think if u tie it up they are gonna think diff of u???ur silly man. ur just insecure about who u r. u shud let ur experience, education and talent do the talking for u!

please dont think u'll get the job by tying ur dhari ji :6

dont be ashamed of WHO you are :)

do ardas--- nothing beats ardas!! do it from ur heart!! ofcourse mahraj will listen. keep faith. don't give up!! leave ur image how it is--- even for ur interview! : )

mahraj will help u... dont worry : )

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

Hard times, but don't give up.

Guru Kirpa, I just started my new job (first one!) about 3 weeks ago. I went to the assessment day and interview with daRaa parkaash and I got the job, so there's no reason to see this as an obstacle. And, I know Singhs with really long daaRey (compared to my tiny one!!), and they all have really good jobs!

It's true that people's first impression of you is pretty much based on your appearance, but your shining personality and character are key to winning them over. Besides, if you think they reject you because of your appearance, then they're not the type of employer you want to work for anyway.

I'm not a highly confident person, and I can't even converse well, but if I can do it, so can you!

Just do Ardaas as Bhenji said.

Guroo Rakhaa!

Do What feels comfortable. If you can feel confident about getting the Job without tying your dara, then fine! if you feel messy (which you don't as its ur relatives that have a problem) then tie it up!

Theres nothing "ANTI GURMAT" about tying your beard and to sherlsurj, it's not nice insulting someone calling them a "silly man". paji could be older than you and wiser. Thers'a also nothing shameful about tying your beard!!

yo bro, you will never say again that you are not a highly confident person or that you can not converse well. please.

You, my gorgeous bro are chardi kala!! and you are as confident as you choose to see yourself, and as well spoken as you are confident.

Hard times, but don't give up.

Guru Kirpa, I just started my new job (first one!) about 3 weeks ago. I went to the assessment day and interview with daRaa parkaash and I got the job, so there's no reason to see this as an obstacle. And, I know Singhs with really long daaRey (compared to my tiny one!!), and they all have really good jobs!

It's true that people's first impression of you is pretty much based on your appearance, but your shining personality and character are key to winning them over. Besides, if you think they reject you because of your appearance, then they're not the type of employer you want to work for anyway.

I'm not a highly confident person, and I can't even converse well, but if I can do it, so can you!

Just do Ardaas as Bhenji said.

Guroo Rakhaa!

Quick question, How many of you wear BANA when you are at work????????????????????????????

Im guessing not many of you! Unless you wear bana and open dhara to work, don't come on here telling others not to tie your beard up, cos there's nothing wrong with it!

Most of us wear suit and tie, why? its to adapt to work environment! Tying your dhara adapts to work environment! As long as you are not cutting it you are ok!!

Quick question, How many of you wear BANA when you are at work????????????????????????????

Im guessing not many of you! Unless you wear bana and open dhara to work, don't come on here telling others not to tie your beard up, cos there's nothing wrong with it!

Most of us wear suit and tie, why? its to adapt to work environment! Tying your dhara adapts to work environment! As long as you are not cutting it you are ok!!

dont tie your dhara

and dont assume that people dont wear bana to work