Dancing

Guest gajinder

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^LOL..breakdancing is ol'skool, try Swaggin' like T.I; its the new thangg :p (extremists- its just a joke)

What I am saying is going to shock you...I have seen many individuals attain spiritual...even when they are watching TV radio news, go to parties.....they still seen the true Guru, which really knocks your theory doesnit it? I can prove this to you by introducing you to these people....you make Sikhi sound like an extremist religion which it isnt...there isnt anything wrong with anything as long as you dont attach your thinking to negative thoughts, if you read bani nothing can bring negativity...teh way you put it is like locking urself away...fair do do it then.

Oh by the way Internet is manmat too, fancy seeing you here!

^^True dat.

Actually we are all just dancing in this world.

Some towards Him, some farther from his true self. As the Great Lord wishes.

^^LOL..breakdancing is ol'skool, try Swaggin' like T.I; its the new thangg :p (extremists- its just a joke)

=)

"New Thangg?!" ...that sounds so innocent for some reason...made me laugh... :)

but you're right...It must be an OLD thang now...lol..kids from my high school used to breakdance every lunch period...I found it entertaining... :)

Few of you need to take an objective step back on this issue. It is the intention of the Dancer that is of importance, not the Dance itself. God herself has been given the name Nritraaj, this whole creation is his Dance. The Bhagtas dance in the drunkenness of bliss, is that wrong? Baba Bullay Shah danced for his Guru, he dressed as a Kanjree and danced so he could get his Guru to re-accept him as his disciple.

It is the Intentions of the Dancer which can become questionable, not the Dance itself. Here in lie the biggest issue how can you know the intentions of the one dancing? Those those who were watching Baba Bullay shah, to them he was a Kanjree, yet he knew and his Guru knew who he was and the intentions of why he was dancing.

I cannot help but question what is Dancing? What does the word describe? There are thousands of videos on YouTube displaying the Masti of those doing and listening to Kirtan, I see these people swinging from side to side, front to back enjoying Kirtan. Is that not dancing as the body is moving to the rhythm of the vaja and the Tabla. If some of you are indeed against Dancing then you must take a stand on this as well that moving your body to the rhythm of Kirtan is also not Gurmat. But do we not make this an exception or overlook these? why? could it be that we are aware of the intentions??????

The issue from avoidance to becoming Anti-X happens there when the person perpetuating an Anti-X slogan does not understand the real intentions why such things like Dancing were told to be avoided. The veer on first page posted a beautiful Shabad about the Mind dancing and the Guru saves those who's minds are dancing. When this Mind begins to dance, often does it happen that the body will also being to dance. Avoidences are like Exclamation points which give you some warnings that steer into these areas with caution. The Anti-X individuals forgets about avoidence and begins to perpetuate the avoidance of X to an extrememe where the individual who might have begun to dance in his Masti is told to stop, he is told to suffocate his experience to abide by the guidelines that they themselves don't understand why they were put into place. What should've been a guideline becomes a wall. The Bhagtas get to a state where they are free, where their each actions no matter how the world may see it is an expression of their inner Dancing, the expression of the Mind dancing in the bliss of Amrit.

being a senior in a public high school, i have never gone to a high school dance.. and everyone is telling me to but I don't know if I would feel comfortable there or even if I would be allowed. Do you think it is wrong to go to these kinds of things?

It is wrong if you feel you cannot benefit from the environment. If you are unsure, then go and experience what it is like. If your mind is in doubt, then it is better to remove this doubt by attending the dance and seeing it first hand what it is like. Go there with an objective mind to see if you cannot find something good in it, go to learn something about yourself, about your mind. Watch your mind and see how it reacts in the environment, listen to your inner voice and heed its advice as there is nothing greater which can advice you. If your mind is not content from the advice of other, if it is still curious, then get to the bottom of the issue now and close it otherwise you will remain in doubt.

No harm will come to your sikhi if you walk in there with the remembrance of his name in your mind. Take a step and experience life, learn what the attractive colors of the world can give you and most importantly what it cannot. Watch the mind and its attractions to those colors and the environment. Remember you are not the Mind, nor the desire which has created this question about going to the dance. Remain conscious and aware of what the Mind is doing.

Pheena Ji, dont take this to offence, but i dont agree with what you said here:

''If your mind is in doubt, then it is better to remove this doubt by attending the dance and seeing it first hand what it is like.''

So if someone has doubts, or has feelings for someone else, they should give into their feelings and experience what its like? :6

Our mind will always run in a thouasand directions and want to experience pleasures, but we dont just give into them. Every sikh has a daily battle with their minds, to prevent themselves from giving into their mind, following man - mat.

Guest _Neet_
Few of you need to take an objective step back on this issue. It is the intention of the Dancer that is of importance, not the Dance itself. God herself has been given the name Nritraaj, this whole creation is his Dance. The Bhagtas dance in the drunkenness of bliss, is that wrong? Baba Bullay Shah danced for his Guru, he dressed as a Kanjree and danced so he could get his Guru to re-accept him as his disciple.

It is the Intentions of the Dancer which can become questionable, not the Dance itself. Here in lie the biggest issue how can you know the intentions of the one dancing? Those those who were watching Baba Bullay shah, to them he was a Kanjree, yet he knew and his Guru knew who he was and the intentions of why he was dancing.

I cannot help but question what is Dancing? What does the word describe? There are thousands of videos on YouTube displaying the Masti of those doing and listening to Kirtan, I see these people swinging from side to side, front to back enjoying Kirtan. Is that not dancing as the body is moving to the rhythm of the vaja and the Tabla. If some of you are indeed against Dancing then you must take a stand on this as well that moving your body to the rhythm of Kirtan is also not Gurmat. But do we not make this an exception or overlook these? why? could it be that we are aware of the intentions??????

The issue from avoidance to becoming Anti-X happens there when the person perpetuating an Anti-X slogan does not understand the real intentions why such things like Dancing were told to be avoided. The veer on first page posted a beautiful Shabad about the Mind dancing and the Guru saves those who's minds are dancing. When this Mind begins to dance, often does it happen that the body will also being to dance. Avoidences are like Exclamation points which give you some warnings that steer into these areas with caution. The Anti-X individuals forgets about avoidence and begins to perpetuate the avoidance of X to an extrememe where the individual who might have begun to dance in his Masti is told to stop, he is told to suffocate his experience to abide by the guidelines that they themselves don't understand why they were put into place. What should've been a guideline becomes a wall. The Bhagtas get to a state where they are free, where their each actions no matter how the world may see it is an expression of their inner Dancing, the expression of the Mind dancing in the bliss of Amrit.

being a senior in a public high school, i have never gone to a high school dance.. and everyone is telling me to but I don't know if I would feel comfortable there or even if I would be allowed. Do you think it is wrong to go to these kinds of things?

It is wrong if you feel you cannot benefit from the environment. If you are unsure, then go and experience what it is like. If your mind is in doubt, then it is better to remove this doubt by attending the dance and seeing it first hand what it is like. Go there with an objective mind to see if you cannot find something good in it, go to learn something about yourself, about your mind. Watch your mind and see how it reacts in the environment, listen to your inner voice and heed its advice as there is nothing greater which can advice you. If your mind is not content from the advice of other, if it is still curious, then get to the bottom of the issue now and close it otherwise you will remain in doubt.

No harm will come to your sikhi if you walk in there with the remembrance of his name in your mind. Take a step and experience life, learn what the attractive colors of the world can give you and most importantly what it cannot. Watch the mind and its attractions to those colors and the environment. Remember you are not the Mind, nor the desire which has created this question about going to the dance. Remain conscious and aware of what the Mind is doing.

Vir whatever u said is absolutely true, looking at the posts on 1st page it made me think if Baba Bulleh Shah and other Sufi Saints were also manmat according to these ppl??? how ignorant.

Guest _Neet_

''If your mind is in doubt, then it is better to remove this doubt by attending the dance and seeing it first hand what it is like.''

So if someone has doubts, or has feelings for someone else, they should give into their feelings and experience what its like? :6

Our mind will always run in a thouasand directions and want to experience pleasures, but we dont just give into them. Every sikh has a daily battle with their minds, to prevent themselves from giving into their mind, following man - mat.

depends on what kind of 'doubt' is that, if its just dance or any other fun activity where ur not hurting, insulting anyone and not crossing ur limits then i dnt think therez any blunder. that may add a little more in ur life experiences, if its good u can inspire others and if it turns out as something wrong atleast u can stop so many innocent people around u.

I think you have misunderstood bhen ji. I did not imply to 'indulge' into anything. My 'suggestion' to the original poster was that he should go and experience the event for himself if he still had doubts about whether it is going to be positive for him or not based on what other people have advised.

To experience it, I did not imply that he'd go dance with every girl there. Here is what I suggested he'd do: " Go there with an objective mind to see if you cannot find something good in it, go to learn something about yourself, about your mind. Watch your mind and see how it reacts in the environment, listen to your inner voice and heed its advice as there is nothing greater which can advice you.

Watch the mind and its attractions to those colors and the environment. Remember you are not the Mind, nor the desire which has created this question about going to the dance. Remain conscious and aware of what the Mind is doing. "

To watch the mind and its reaction is done by detaching yourself from the experience of the mind and observing it, looking at what is there as an outsider. It is a method by which you can objectively experience the state of the mind as it sees the colors of the world. The Mind indulges when we allow it to indulge by fueling the desires and the pulls of our minds with our awareness. I suggest that he do the exact opposite, that he don't feed the mind his awareness by observing the mind and its reactions.

The battle with our mind can be fought in various ways. Going to the dance is not going to turn him into a Manmukh, how he acts there will! Sometimes it is necessary to give the mind what it wants and "observe" the mind, being introspective is not ManMat....the Guru himself states, "Man tu Joat Saroop hai Aapnam Mool Pachaan" The Guru does not say believe me that you are the Divine Light, rather Seek to Know it, Experience it, Find it, Search for it.

As the saying goes. Wise men learn from the experience of others, Common man learns from his own experience.

I hope that clarifies what I was trying to say. I don't disagree with what you are saying, but every individual is different and is fronted with various conflicts. The approach to resolve them can and do vary based on the individuals level of understanding and wisdom.