THE REAL MEANING OF WAHEGURU

WAHEGURUJEE KA KHALSA WAHEGURUJEE KI FATHE!!!

SADH SANGAT JEO CAN NAY ONE PLS TELL ME THER REA MEANING OF WAHEGURU BEACUSE MANY SAY THAT V FOR VISHNU HA FOR HARI RA FOR RAM AND GA FOR GOBIND AND MANY SAY THIS IS WRONG BUT ONE OF MY REALATIVE SAID THAT THIS IS WRITTEN IN SGGS THE MEANING OF WAHEGURU WICH I HAVE GIVEN PLS HELP THANKING U SURINDER SINGH

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Plese refer to the last pauri of the first vaar of Bhai Gurdas Ji. You can read it on sikhitothemax.com.

That's where Bhai Gurdas Ji writes about the meaning of Vaheguru and how it comes from the 4 yugs. If you want to read more about it, I suggest u get a hold of Bhai Veer Singh Ji's teeka of Bhai Gurdas Ji diaa vaara. He has given about a 2 page explanation on how he thinks that this pauri is not written by Bhai Gurdas Ji.

Va - comes from Vasdav according to Bhai Gurdas Ji and according to Bhai Veer Singh Ji there has been no avtar named Vasdav so far. Vasdav is actually the shiromani devta according to the Hindu philosophy.

Bhai Veer Singh ji wrote lot more than this, so get a hold of the pothi and read for urself.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

• 3 years later...
Guest Papi

^^^ thats from bhai gurdaas ji's vaara(n). i would love to post them here but sikhi to the max aint working :lol:

and WOW, i had the SAME question in my mind this morning :|

my personal explanation, yeh its probably wrong but here's what i make of it

wa = wah wah, how wonderful

hey = this is sorta like "pointing" towards god i guess, i duno how to explain it. in other places, guru sahib writes: hey gobind hey gopaal hey dayaal laal

gu = darkness

ru = ligh

to sum it up, how wonderful is my guru, who brings me outta of the darkness of maya to light of god

waheguru

guru nanak dev ji....wonderfully uttered the name Waheguru

the word waheguru it self is a combination of the ages....all 4 realms(ages, yugs etc.) are combined...each syllable is a representation of each yug...as my friends above have stated

as a result, its name is unique...since simran...and the same anand cannot be acheived by saying, "wonderful lord, ram, gobind, allah" repeatedly cannot work....

by uttering waheguru repeatedly...it is a unique experience inwhich it is beyond words to describe when one is tuned to the wonderful pleasures of the lord thus being the most powerful and unique name of God since it combines all the yugs into One...thank guru nanak..."sab thay vada sat gur nanak jin kal rakhi meri"

Different people have written different meanings of 'Waheguru'.

One is:

The word 'Waheguru' is combination of first character of the names by which god was called in different yugs (ages), i.e

W - Wishnu (Vishnu)

H - Hari

G - Gobind

R - Ram

what...in the world?!?!?! :| @ :lol: @ :lol: @

that is ALL wrong.... :lol:

Different people have written different meanings of 'Waheguru'.

One is:

The word 'Waheguru' is combination of first character of the names by which god was called in different yugs (ages), i.e

W - Wishnu (Vishnu)

H - Hari

G - Gobind

R - Ram

what...in the world?!?!?! :| @ :lol: @ :lol: @

that is ALL wrong.... :lol:

only partly wrong, V in vaheguroo, according to bhai gurdas ji di vara was formed from Vaasdev, which was the naam that was japped in satjug, Har was the naam japped in dvapar jug, ram was the naam of treta jug (this is not the same raam as ram chander the hindu god, this ram we beleive in is just antoher name for God) and then gobind is the one for Kaljug, however Guroo Ji gave us VaHeGuRoo, it encompasses the power of the naam of EVERY jug. But remember, all those different names like vasdev, ram, gobind, etc. they all mean Vaheguroo, they DONT represent hindu gods.

And because of these naams like ram, vasdev etc, were all the naams for the previous jugs, they dont give much fruit from reciting, bhai rama singh ji has sed that reciting the naams of previous jugs, is like trying to use an old currency! However Vaheguroo is the only naam that could be used in any age, and that is the most powerful of all, it is the lords true name.

AMg 1

ang 1

Page 1

siqjug siqgur vwsdyv vwvw ivSnw nwm jpwvY]

sathijug sathigur vaasudhaev vaavaa vishunaa naam jupaavai

In Satyug, Visnu in the form of Vasudev is said to have incarnated and ‘V’ Of Vahiguru reminds of Visnu.

duAwpr siqgur hrIikRSn hwhw hir hir nwm iDAwvY]

dhuaapur sathigur hureekrishun haahaa har har naam dhiaavai

The true Guru of dvapar is said to be Harikrsna and ‘H’ of Vahiguru reminds of Hari.

qRyqy siqgur rwm jI rwrw rwm jpy suK pwvY]

thraethae sathigur raam jee raaraa raam jupae sukh paavai

In the the treta was Ram and ‘R’ of Vahiguru tells that rembering Ram will produce joy and happiness.

kiljug nwnk gur goibMd ggw goivMd nwm jpwvY]

kalijug naanuk gur gobindh gugaa govindh naam jupaavai

In kalijug, Gobind is in the form of Nanak and ‘G’ of Vahiguru gets Govind recited.

cwry jwgy chu jugI pMcwiex ivc jwie smwvY]

chaarae jaagae chuhu jugee punchaaein vich jaae sumaavai

The recitations o f all the four ages subsume in Panchayan i.e. in the soul of the common man.

cwroN ACr iek kr vwihgurU jp mMqR jpwvY]

chaaro ashur eik kur vaahiguroo jup munthr jupaavai

When joining four letters Vahiguru is remembered,

jhW qy aupijAw iPr qhW smwvY ]ôù]ñ]

jehaa thae oupajiaa fir thehaa sumaavai

The jiv merges again in its origin.