THE REAL MEANING OF WAHEGURU

• 8 years later...

From your link:

No offence intended but a Sikhs Guru is and can only be Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji hence the term

"GUR SIKH" or "GURU DAH SIKH" or "GURSIKHI"

The word Guru in Sikhi is reserved only for the 10 Sikh Gurus and Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

Sikh means student or disciple ...taken from sanskrit SHISH, shiksha so of course you have to says whose student as the word can be used for sangeet relationship , Hindu kul Guru relationship .... I would say elongate it to being Satguru ka Sikh , Satgurusikh ...it also clarifies the true ultimate aim where they are Ik not two ... Gu- ultimate ignorance, darkness, agianta....Ru ultimate Divine realisation, all light, gianta ...Guru is the one who takes you from the first state to the final state. In Sikhi 'sabh Gobind hai, Sabh Gobind hai, Gobind bin nahin koi' This Maya's khel we think we are seperate when we are all The One...

This thread is just weird.

It is just trying to treat Sikhi in a superficial way to justify 'Sikh are Hindu' speech and thought, but those who don't realise what depth there is in Sikhi flounder trying to put their hopes on a path(Brahminism) which Guru ji abandoned himself . Their own Vedas tell them that Kalyug avtar is Akal Purakh roop Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji , that they should follow him but they hide this knowledge knowing it rings the death knell for their money making and exploitative ways.

• 1 year later...
On 12/6/2003 at 8:15 AM, me moorakh mugadh said:

WAHEGURUJEE KA KHALSA WAHEGURUJEE KI FATHE!!!

SADH SANGAT JEO CAN NAY ONE PLS TELL ME THER REA MEANING OF WAHEGURU BEACUSE MANY SAY THAT V FOR VISHNU HA FOR HARI RA FOR RAM AND GA FOR GOBIND AND MANY SAY THIS IS WRONG BUT ONE OF MY REALATIVE SAID THAT THIS IS WRITTEN IN SGGS THE MEANING OF WAHEGURU WICH I HAVE GIVEN PLS HELP THANKING U SURINDER SINGH

Waheguru simply means, the wonderful Guru.

And which Guru is the one, who is it so referred?

Well it is Akal Purukh Himself, as the very first Guru.

For when there was  nobody, nothing, it was His Jot which existed.

And about this very Guru, Gurbani tells us something about Him:

Aad Guray nameh

I bow to the Primal Guru,

Jugaad Guray nameh

I bow to the Guru woven through time

Sat Guray nameh

I bow to the True Guru, the true identity of the self.

Sri Guru devay nameh

I bow to the Great Guru whose great
glory will always be.

Guru: that which brings us from darkness of Maya and agyanta (GU),  to His light, His Jot, His wisdom (RU).

Sat Sree Akal.

On 12/06/2003 at 8:15 AM, me moorakh mugadh said:

WAHEGURUJEE KA KHALSA WAHEGURUJEE KI FATHE!!!

SADH SANGAT JEO CAN NAY ONE PLS TELL ME THER REA MEANING OF WAHEGURU BEACUSE MANY SAY THAT V FOR VISHNU HA FOR HARI RA FOR RAM AND GA FOR GOBIND AND MANY SAY THIS IS WRONG BUT ONE OF MY REALATIVE SAID THAT THIS IS WRITTEN IN SGGS THE MEANING OF WAHEGURU WICH I HAVE GIVEN PLS HELP THANKING U SURINDER SINGH

that is how it is called the Mahamantra because it contains all the previous yugs mantras in one, the explanation you are thinking of is given by Bhai Gurdas ji

On 06/06/2007 at 3:41 PM, UKGupt Kaur said:

From your link:

No offence intended but a Sikhs Guru is and can only be Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji hence the term

"GUR SIKH" or "GURU DAH SIKH" or "GURSIKHI"

The word Guru in Sikhi is reserved only for the 10 Sikh Gurus and Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji.

actually a sikh is one of Akal Purakh that is the ultimate meaning because Guru Granth Sahib ji and Guru Panth ji conjoined represent Akal Purakh in this world . you have forgotten that Guru Pita ji said that .

On 22/12/2015 at 3:01 PM, jkvlondon said:

It is just trying to treat Sikhi in a superficial way to justify 'Sikh are Hindu' speech and thought, but those who don't realise what depth there is in Sikhi flounder trying to put their hopes on a path(Brahminism) which Guru ji abandoned himself . Their own Vedas tell them that Kalyug avtar is Akal Purakh roop Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev ji , that they should follow him but they hide this knowledge knowing it rings the death knell for their money making and exploitative ways.

What're you talking about ??!!!

In Bhai Gurdas ji's vaaran , it's clearly mentioned WaHeGuRu mantra is composed by uniting the names of god in 4 yugas.

W - Wasudev (Satjug)

H - Hari (Dwapar)

G - Gobind (Kalyug)

R - Raam (Treta)

As per hindus , Parbrahm is the origin of all things 

Hari means Krishna , and Krishna lived in Dwapar yug. But Krishna was named after Parbrahm , as Krishna means "attractor" , one of the names of brahm. Hindus slowly started equating Krishna to Hari. 

Ramchandar is from treta, the son of Dasrath. Ram chandra means (moon of Raam) or that which reflects the character of Raam. So Raam was actually another name of Parbrahm.

Wasudev is from Satjug . Wasudev means "the residing lord".

And Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj is from Kalyug.  Go(earth / vedas/ knowledge) + bind (center focal point). So Gobind means "the focal point of knowledge". 

So the mantar makes sense . And TBH , our current abrahamic kinda views of sikhi are far more superficial.

We really need to chew in our understanding the baani properly.

I agree we don't believe in hindu devi devte, but TBH karam , dharam philosophy is much older than sikhi . What was lost and found & something which was not earlier revealed is what we collectively call "sikh matt".

It's purely our egos that we despise at anything "hindu" , whereas we ourselves believe in concepts like Karam philosophy, Rebirth, need of Guru , etc which were first found in upanishads (concluding portion of vedas).

• 2 years later...
On 6/12/2003 at 2:39 PM, Son of Guru Gobind Singh Ji said:

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Plese refer to the last pauri of the first vaar of Bhai Gurdas Ji. You can read it on sikhitothemax.com.

That's where Bhai Gurdas Ji writes about the meaning of Vaheguru and how it comes from the 4 yugs. If you want to read more about it, I suggest u get a hold of Bhai Veer Singh Ji's teeka of Bhai Gurdas Ji diaa vaara. He has given about a 2 page explanation on how he thinks that this pauri is not written by Bhai Gurdas Ji.

Va - comes from Vasdav according to Bhai Gurdas Ji and according to Bhai Veer Singh Ji there has been no avtar named Vasdav so far. Vasdav is actually the shiromani devta according to the Hindu philosophy.

Bhai Veer Singh ji wrote lot more than this, so get a hold of the pothi and read for urself.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Wahe guru ji... m ek baat btana chhata hu ..vasudev name se avtar hindu dharam m hue hai ji ...sat yug m vishnu ka avtar vasudev hote the...prahlad maharaj jinki wajah se holi bnayi jaati hai wo vasudev ka he jap krte the...bhul chuk maaf...agyani ne apni samaj se jwab diya baaki malik jaane...waise be japji sahib m likha hai gurumukh nadam gurumukh vedam gurumakh rahiya samayi guru ishar guru gorakh barma guru parvati mayi ....hindu dharam m b gurur vishnu gurur brahma guru devo maheshwara guru shakshat parmbrahma ..krke shlok aata aata...iss ab kya pharak padra hai wahe guru ji ka origin kya hai....agar aap sikh ho to wahe guru japo kyunki guruo ne diya hai isse bada koi nhi kr agar hindu ho tub b japlo kyunki guru m sub kuch samaya hua hai...guru he guru baaki sub man k gurur...wahe guru ji..