Swimming

Guest abcdefg

post-18798-1221473962_thumb.jpg

I hope this solves problem perfectly(without the fancy hair do :) ) as far as quality of water of swimming pool is concerned that is the least of worries as you will not drink that water and you shower before going in and coming out of pool. As far Kirpan is concerned it can be worn in side this suit.

Das di benti hai ke ladai chad ke mil jul ke guru di galan kariye.

Bhul Chuk Mauf.

ਜੂਠ

جوٹھ

noun, feminine pollution, contamination; food polluted by taste or touch, leftovers, leavings, orts, crumbs, kitchen refuse; slang. low, mean person

as you can see the first two definitions have nothing to do with food

can you share your superior dictionary so i am not so confused in the future?

also, what is "feminine pollution"? are women jootha? :o

food polluted by touch- does this mean you won't eat prashada from the hands of a sikh who isn't as good as you (or took amrit from someone you didn't?)

anyway, i still don't see anything in here that could possibly apply to swimming in a large body of water. as someone has already said, we dip in the sarovar and don't think twice, but lakes and oceans are too dirty for you? how is it different?

guru ji says we're all jootha. you decide how far you want to take it. but (again) please don't enforce it as maryada because there's nothing in any rehat anywhere against swimming.

the only thing that is pure is GOD. these brahmanical superstitions about pollution are disturbing.

as usual, i can't have this conversation with you. i think you're being completely absurd in your ideas of what is "polluted" and what is not.

post-18798-1221473962_thumb.jpg

I hope this solves problem perfectly(without the fancy hair do :) ) as far as quality of water of swimming pool is concerned that is the least of worries as you will not drink that water and you shower before going in and coming out of pool. As far Kirpan is concerned it can be worn in side this suit.

Das di benti hai ke ladai chad ke mil jul ke guru di galan kariye.

Bhul Chuk Mauf.

watch out! your statement sounds almost logical. and we all know that logic = "liberal" = you're not a REAL Sikh! :umm:

(just kidding)

this threads messed up!

i loved swimming too, but its obvious i wont go now due to my rehit. its NO BIG DEAL :)

even if u guys do wear these swim suits shown--- u'll have to take ur keski off --BIG NO.

if u realyl want to go swimming, get ur own pool :p

post-18798-1221483254_thumb.jpg

Here is an idea for Keshki, instead of full one I wear patka (1Mx1M) and that is good enough for any sort of sports I participate in. As you can see Monty on the field all day without any issues :)

PS: Though I will love to have pool of my own

Bhul Chuk Mauf

this threads messed up!

i loved swimming too, but its obvious i wont go now due to my rehit. its NO BIG DEAL :)

even if u guys do wear these swim suits shown--- u'll have to take ur keski off --BIG NO.

if u realyl want to go swimming, get ur own pool :p

post-18798-1221483254_thumb.jpg

Here is an idea for Keshki, instead of full one I wear patka (1Mx1M) and that is good enough for any sort of sports I participate in. As you can see Monty on the field all day without any issues :)

PS: Though I will love to have pool of my own

Bhul Chuk Mauf

loool paji, for an amritdhari their joorashould always be on their dasam duar, so patka is not right... sorry THESE ARE MY OPINIONS : )

yehh buy ur own pool :p :lol: :vaheguru:

jasleen, dont jump to conclusion

incase you don't know, just like spanish, a lot of punjabi words are feminine or masculine

jooth is a feminine noun, i apologize for that :p

as for the dictionary, i don't think punjabonline suffices

if i spit on my hand and touch ur roti, ur roti is joothi

maharaj is talking spiritual jooth, bani shouldn't always be taken so literally

loool paji, for an amritdhari their joorashould always be on their dasam duar, so patka is not right... sorry THESE ARE MY OPINIONS : )

yehh buy ur own pool :p :lol: :vaheguru:

Penji,

Jeeven tusi khush, tusi swim karde howe joora dasam dwar te kar lya karo ji :BOW:

BTW thanks for mentioning pool, may be god listen to your words and get me a pool :TH:

PS: Uchh da Peer i am forgetful person but as far my memory says Guru Gobind Singh Ji hadn't had joora at dasam dwar while he dressed as peer. Again i am a forgetful person and i ask for apology here only. :WW:

Bhul Chuk Mauf

jasleen, dont jump to conclusion

incase you don't know, just like spanish, a lot of punjabi words are feminine or masculine

jooth is a feminine noun, i apologize for that :p

as for the dictionary, i don't think punjabonline suffices

if i spit on my hand and touch ur roti, ur roti is joothi

maharaj is talking spiritual jooth, bani shouldn't always be taken so literally

the whole point of that shabad is that everything is "impure", that brahmanical notions of purity do not apply to sikhs because we know that only God is truely "pure".

i'm not saying we should eat roti that someone spit on (gross!). swimming in a chlorinated pool or a large body of water is not even in the same league as spitting on roti. we sit on the train or bus, touch the hand rails, is that ok? if you go to the gym or take phys ed in school you take a shower in a common shower. is the floor joothi? how is it different?

maryada says not to share food with non-amritdharis. it doesn't say to avoid every place that non-amritdhari might touch.