Swimming

Guest abcdefg

Do u think that weak Amritdhari should not have taken Amrit as he can't keep full rehat??

When a person walks into a fitness gym for the first time does this person know what to do? The person needs a trainer to train so he doesn't hurt himself or do things wrong that get him no where. I don't know if you go to a gym, but the new comers with no trainer can be spotted from miles away. They wear all the gym gear, which they got off some fitness magizine, but can't do anything and waste a lot of energy looking at themselves in the mirror every time they do one set to see how big they are now. They go on sites trying to understand, but still fail to do the excerise right. Now here is the question we all need to ask yourselves. Can this new comer to the gym tell the trainer how to work out right?

This is the state that we all are in (which includes the weak Amritdharis). But all of us new comers are telling the Rehat Maryada, Gursikhs, Gurmukhs, and Brahmgyanis what we the new comers know is right to do as a Sikh. Do you see what the problem is? One thing all the new comers to the gym say is that I should have gotten a trainer from the start, so i wouldn't have wasted so much time doing everything wrong. Gurbani is vast and is truly the ocean (without beginning or end and is one and the same), but we new comers make it into a very narrow stream because we don't have the training to understand how it is the ocean. A person said that they have been reading Gurbani for two decades and they still can't get the correct understanding (understand how it is the ocean). One day they get one meaning and next day they get a new meaning, which is different and sometimes contradicting the last understanding. Do you see how the person is stuck in the narrow stream? The person didn't have a proper trainer and didn't follow the written instructions (Rehat Maryada). If the person would have seen how Gurbani is the ocean, then they wouldn't be getting contradicting understanding from Gurbani. If a weak Amritdhari gets a proper trainer to understand Gurbani, then they can learn very quickly how Gurbani is the ocean. Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh ji Maharaj (proper trainer) is going to get us (the new comers) to recognize the ocean. Sant ji along with Gursikhs that he has taught or his students who have taught others or Sant ji teacher who has taught others will tell you from the beginning what to expect in certain stages of becoming a Sikh and when a certain vice will attack us. They will tell us how to keep running without falling and hurting ourselves, where we can't go to the gym due to an injury. Sometimes the new comer injures himself so bad that he can't even come back to the gym or doesn't show his face at a gym for years. We call these people Darshan Ragi, Inderjit Singh Ghagga, etc (I can list more, but I will only be entertaining my ego, so i consider myself even lower than the people i listed). Some say fight the 5 vices, some say eliminate them, some say we can indulge in them to a certain degree, some say we need to control them and the list goes (see how the new comer without a trainer is like a fish out of water). But ask or listen to a proper trainer and they say the only way is to accept the virtues of Guru Sahib and you will avoid getting injured (Kaam, Krodh, Lohb, and Moh will not take over). One that will always be there is ego (the cause of the other four), but will only turn into humility and contentment when you are one with the ocean (Gurbani) (Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj is the cause of all five, but let's not go there because this point is very hard to understand and then accepting in practice will only cause many arguements and create hatred between members). The answer to all these problems is for Sikhs to get Gursikhs to teach them how to understand Gurbani and tell them why Rehat is very important.

Start listening to Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Maharaj's Katha on Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj and you'll understand even more where all of this is coming from. A lot of time is wasted on fighting the ego and living in it, where you're blind as a bat. Sant ji will take the listener to the ocean and not let you get suck in a narrow stream. This is no secret and talk to Gursikhs, they will direct you to Sant ji's katha. Only one thing left to do.........go to www.gurmatveechar.com and start listening to Sant ji's katha.

The person didn't have a proper trainer and didn't follow the written instructions (Rehat Maryada).

@only five

Understanding Gurbani as a ocean is separate topic so i won't go in that as i was only discussing about Rehat

According to your post , i think you want to say that SGGSJ Maharaj is only related to Rehat Maryada . You haven't talked about Naam , Simran which is most imporatant of all.

Rehat is important but Naam Simran comes before that. rehat without Naam Simran , Amritwela has no value. "Prabh ka simran sab te uucha". if Sikh is doing everything related to Naam Simran ok then comes , how we can improve our rehat.

I know Guru sahib has said "Rehat pyari mujko sikh pyara naahi". Suppose if a person is not swimming because of jhoot and he is not doing nitnem. Now will Guru Sahib be happy with that. I have seen cases like that but i am not giving that as an excuse but u get the idea

Now coming to your Gym example, First of all Guru sahib is our trainer for every person , new commer or professional body builder. Guru sahib can guide evry person either in the form of professional trainer like (Sant ji) or fellow members like (gursikhs). Now According to Gym rules and professional instructions person has to come for 6 says and 1 hour per day. For start some can follow it but some find it difficult to find 1 hour per day so they do it for 1 week and left the gym. Now suppose if another fellow member say to him that don't worry i come here only 3 days for half an hour and tings are going good. So he starts coming for three days for six months. Then again when this becomes habit and he asks other member about his good body , he says that i come here 4 days for half an hour. So he again try to add 1 more day. Slowly slowly after 2-3 years , his schedule becomes same as professional

There may be many who had sticked to that from beginning and made their body in 1 year. Some may have did in 2 years and some may have done in 3 years.

So you are right that we should follow things in right way from beginning. But what i want to say that there are many many lathargic person like me in this world. They need dose very slowly. If you try to push hard they will leave. Guru sahib knows very well how much dose to give to each person. So Guru Sahib can guide his Gurskih in any form like other gurskih , in the form of book , in form of katha on tv etc. Even Guru sahib can give guidance from bad person. Nothing is outside Guru sahhib. You, me, SGGSJ maharaj , Sants , etc are all part of waheguru. Guru sahib guide us in every form

My main objective is that person should stay with Guru sahib ,Gurbani , Amrit. Its like a sales person first he will try to sell costliest item which is best , then he will come lower and lower and in the end person comes out after buying something. so he will come again and buy something more. Similarly someone told me that our objective is first try if perosn can take Amrit and full rehats. Then judge what he can do and what he can not. If he can at minumum avoid bajar kurehets and do nitnem then try to conince him that he should take Amrit and then try to build rehat. If perosn can't take Amrit then at least he should do Nitnem , sewa etc and so on. So that He should stay close to Gurbani . Then Guru Sahib will take him to his destination.

If we straight away give him the full list of Rehat then 90% of monas will leave. I think you understnad what i mean. So more customers , more profit to sikhism

Naam Simran= The highest deed that can be done in this life.

Gurbani says that an ant in naam is higher than the highest person on this earth.

An ant in naam is higher than an one following rehat without naam.

An ant in naam 24/7 is higher than one following rehat who is only doing naam simran part time.

Someone doing naam part time= a Part Time Sikh

As the whole of gurbani asks us to do naam like a guzillion times- It's the highest deed one can do, so that makes sense.

People need to stop finding excuses not to do naam- get up and start doing it 24/7- rehat is not that difficult-it is discipline- it is by no means even the middle of the path- don't use rehat as an excuse and way to pass the time and pitch up your ego by bragging about it constantly (totally sad and a waste of quality naam simran time).

Naam begins the real clean up- Gurbani says start living naam NOW- that the time is NOW. Not tomorrow when we're banging on about other things when death could come knocking- but Now.

Naam is not called the highest deed for nothing. Gurbani says Leave Everything and do naam- which is the boat to carry us across the world ocean.

Guest only six

When a person walks into a fitness gym for the first time does this person know what to do? The person needs a trainer to train so he doesn't hurt himself or do things wrong that get him no where. I don't know if you go to a gym, but the new comers with no trainer can be spotted from miles away. They wear all the gym gear, which they got off some fitness magizine, but can't do anything and waste a lot of energy looking at themselves in the mirror every time they do one set to see how big they are now. They go on sites trying to understand, but still fail to do the excerise right. Now here is the question we all need to ask yourselves. Can this new comer to the gym tell the trainer how to work out right?

This is the state that we all are in (which includes the weak Amritdharis). But all of us new comers are telling the Rehat Maryada, Gursikhs, Gurmukhs, and Brahmgyanis what we the new comers know is right to do as a Sikh. Do you see what the problem is? One thing all the new comers to the gym say is that I should have gotten a trainer from the start, so i wouldn't have wasted so much time doing everything wrong. Gurbani is vast and is truly the ocean (without beginning or end and is one and the same), but we new comers make it into a very narrow stream because we don't have the training to understand how it is the ocean. A person said that they have been reading Gurbani for two decades and they still can't get the correct understanding (understand how it is the ocean). One day they get one meaning and next day they get a new meaning, which is different and sometimes contradicting the last understanding. Do you see how the person is stuck in the narrow stream? The person didn't have a proper trainer and didn't follow the written instructions (Rehat Maryada). If the person would have seen how Gurbani is the ocean, then they wouldn't be getting contradicting understanding from Gurbani. If a weak Amritdhari gets a proper trainer to understand Gurbani, then they can learn very quickly how Gurbani is the ocean. Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh ji Maharaj (proper trainer) is going to get us (the new comers) to recognize the ocean. Sant ji along with Gursikhs that he has taught or his students who have taught others or Sant ji teacher who has taught others will tell you from the beginning what to expect in certain stages of becoming a Sikh and when a certain vice will attack us. They will tell us how to keep running without falling and hurting ourselves, where we can't go to the gym due to an injury. Sometimes the new comer injures himself so bad that he can't even come back to the gym or doesn't show his face at a gym for years. We call these people Darshan Ragi, Inderjit Singh Ghagga, etc (I can list more, but I will only be entertaining my ego, so i consider myself even lower than the people i listed). Some say fight the 5 vices, some say eliminate them, some say we can indulge in them to a certain degree, some say we need to control them and the list goes (see how the new comer without a trainer is like a fish out of water). But ask or listen to a proper trainer and they say the only way is to accept the virtues of Guru Sahib and you will avoid getting injured (Kaam, Krodh, Lohb, and Moh will not take over). One that will always be there is ego (the cause of the other four), but will only turn into humility and contentment when you are one with the ocean (Gurbani) (Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj is the cause of all five, but let's not go there because this point is very hard to understand and then accepting in practice will only cause many arguements and create hatred between members). The answer to all these problems is for Sikhs to get Gursikhs to teach them how to understand Gurbani and tell them why Rehat is very important.

Start listening to Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Maharaj's Katha on Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj and you'll understand even more where all of this is coming from. A lot of time is wasted on fighting the ego and living in it, where you're blind as a bat. Sant ji will take the listener to the ocean and not let you get suck in a narrow stream. This is no secret and talk to Gursikhs, they will direct you to Sant ji's katha. Only one thing left to do.........go to www.gurmatveechar.com and start listening to Sant ji's katha.

its nothing like a gym

you dont need a trainer in gym, just common sense. some trainers dont know how to train properly themselves

bad example

also as someone already said, if you want to use this example, GOD is your trainer. no one else.

scooter speaks sense.

not quite sure about last bit tho

'So more customers , more profit to sikhism '

good day