Dumalla

Much love bros, really good discussion and excellent dumalla.

About the tying the knot do you mean when initially tying your hair up in a small keski upon which the dastar is tied? Because I used to do it where you have your hair without any kapra just twisted and tied and then once id circled it twice id tuck the remaining hair under the rest and then pull to tighten it all. Honestly I always thought this was uncomfortable personally so I tried the method of twisting kapra in with my kesh and then doing circles with that combination around my headcrown, circling 2-3 times and then tucking the remaining material underneath one other piece of material and then putting my kanga in after then using the remaining material to tie circles around this entire thing to make a small keski upon which I tie my dastar. Its more of a mini dastar than a keski really. Anyways i find this method much more stable and comfortable and I think I saw it demonstrated on the Sikhnet dumalla type 1 and 2 turban tying videos on youtube. http://www.sikhnet.com/pages/tyingturbans

Perhaps give it a try and you might feel the same way, it feels more... unbroken as there are no knots just a constant circling of matter :)