How Do You Bhog La Prashad And Langar?

Amrit

i don't think gurbaani is a set of "commands"..hukam is the Will or raza of akaal purakh that we live in. gravity is hukam. you can't "follow" gravity...because commands can be followed or ignored, can we choose to ignore gravity?

parshaad means blessing. what's a greater blessing than the shabad?

doesn't gubaani say that the fortunate ones meet the guru and hear the true shabad...

yes, guru sahib is pargat, in guru roop khalsa, guru panth khalsa ji.

peace.

wjkkwjkp!

Unfortunately you are mistaken once again brother. Hukam is not the will of akaal purakh - it is the order (command). You are mistaking hukam and bhana.

Anyway, this goes beyond the point. And furthering the point even more is implying that Guroo Saahib are only Pargat through the Panth. If the Shabad is not Pargat then we have no Guroo. It is the Shabad within the Panth that allows the Panth to be to Guroo Roop Khalsa Panth, but Satguroo Gobind Singh Jee gave the Gurgadi to Shabad Guroo in the form of Aad Sree Guroo Granth Saahib Jee.

Nevertheless, the post made by CaptainQ was accurate and informative and all should go by their explanation! :y:

wjkkwjkp!

(and yes, may we increase the peace!)

• 11 years later...

Wjkk wjkf,

im sorry but Im a little curious as to why it is so important to do bhog?

if all other requirements for the gurus love are met, do you really think that they would care that it hasnt been prepared the ‘tradtional’ way? Arent we famous for not following traditonal way? For carving our own tradition?

It seems to me that we as a panth are slowly (but surely) returning to blind beliefs and useless rituals.

I’d appreciate it if people could reference their responses. I don't want to hear about sentiment, if you are responding to me: tell me what the gurus say about this. 

Bhul chuk maf karna.