Sikhism : A Universal Religion And The Only Indian

Guest mehtab

Guest mehtab

*WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH*

Saadh sangat ji, i have been thinking about this for a few years. Sikhi is undoubtedly a universal religion as it carries a message for everyone at all times. The reason i call it the only Indian religion is because we have 4 religions that have taken birth in India : Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism and Sikhism. Hinduism is sometimes defined by some people as more of a culture than a religion, although i wouldn't want to comment anything about this statement since there are people who stand both for and against it. Besides, i am talking about Sikhism here. Buddhism and Jainism have very little following left in India. Besides, Buddhism is recognised by many as more of a philosophy. Jainism, since atheist in essence, is not recognised as a religion by some other thinkers. Again, i wouldn't want to get into discussion about Jainism here.

Please let me make it clear that i am not saying here that Sikhism is only Indian, as in for Indians only. NO. I mean to say that i feel it to be the only way of life started in India that can be called as religion. There are other reasons too. Hinduism has too many sects all over India, everyone of them different from the other. There are too many belief systems as well. Although we often may not find them calling themselves superior or true as compared to the other branches.

Guru Nanak and Guru Gobind Singh both travelled far and wide. What i find so remarkable is that on the Baisakhi of 1699, the Panj Pyaare were from every part of India. Delhi in north, Jagannath in east, Dwarka in west and Karnataka in south, plus one from Lahore. It wouldn't be wrong to say that the whole of India was r

epresented that day. This is one main reason why i feel Sikhism is the only religion of India, and definitely a universal one.

By Guru's grace, today we have Sikhs of all nationalities, and so Sikhism is not limited to just Punjabis or Indians alone. I read a message from a youth from UK on another Punjabi website's discussion forum. This man was a muslim and had taken Amrit and was really happy. I have also started coming across people who were born into some other religion and have adopted the path of Sikhi (one of them happens to be the one i see everyday in the mirror...hehehehehe), even though they may not have taken Amrit as yet.

Just wanted to share some ideas. Hoping to get more enlightening inputs from the sangat. And i do stand corrected for any opinion of mine

regards

Guru rakha

Guest SikhForLife

veerji i happen to think sikhi shouldnt be sikh-ism

sikhi cant be a "religion" cuz its the universal truth

its not some bunch of ideas. but laws

so why isolate it into an "-ism" when its The System?!

u kno what i am sayin?

Guest mehtab

you are right brother wubb.gif

its more than what anyone can define :nihungsmile:

like i said, these are just my thoughts and i m no authority ^_^

please come forward with your responses ^_^

we all are here to learn :D