Dam Dammi Taksal "autority"

Guest learner singh

Guest learner singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Recently, I came to know that Dam Dammi Taksaal is also a autority in Sikhism. As far as, it goes to history there was official autority had given to DAM DAMMI TAKSAAL to have rehat maryada or autority within Sikhism. Dam Dammi Taksal's sole purpose was to teach correct pronunciation of Gurbani and there is no doubt that they are good at it.

Now, howcome it became autority, and so many members of Taksal take it as Akal Thakat.

Anyone wants to enlighten me?

Veerjee..what i have heard is that (i am not sure) that Damdami Taksal (is like some other Taksals) a place where Sikhs could learn how to read Gurbani and it's meaning and perhaps Sikh history and even Rehitnamas..........so it might be called a Sikh University....Guru Gobind Singhjee started also some other such Taksals - or places of learning, but i think they are not as popular... :T:

if you somehow look into the register of the members of SGPC and the Gyanis/Jathedars who work at Akal Takht, some are connected to DamDami Taksal in a way....like some of their own family members have studied there....

I do not think Akal Takht and DamDami Taksal could be fighting about authority amongst each others.....

Akal Takht is and shall be the FINAL Sikh Diwan........

DamDami Taksal is and shall be the BEST place for learning Gurbani and it's meanings.......

and period!

If we look into history; Baba Deep Singh jee was the first Jathedar of Damdami Taksal....along with Bhai Mani Singh (who was Granthi/Giani) Baba Deep Singh was also incharge of Akal Takht....and later he was the Jathedar of Shahidan-Wali-Misl, which was one of the five Sikh misls that were broadly called Taruna Dal of Nihangs.....facinating isn't it....the same leader for The Diwan, The University and The Army.....(and sadly now some people fight with eachother...)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

:nihungsmile:

I just want to give another example....

think that there is some big problem that US Govrn. if up to....like Iraq go to war or not....

Through TV/Newsppr/Media a lot of scholars and prof.s (in sikh perspective Gyanis) said a lot of things.....some said there should not be war others said yes.......[now imaginate, the Panth stands before a great problem...like any question about Rehit Maryada....and DamDami Taksal Jathedars/Bhai Sahibs tell the Panth, what is the rite thing to do...if they are good Gianis they will be objective and only tell what to do according to SGGS and the Original Rehit;;;;;;]

But the decision made by Bush (and the Govrn.) does not need to be totaly in line with the suggesions made by various scholars......HE HAS TO CHOSE WHAT IS A COMMON PATH..or something that could be accepted by all (after a while)

[now imaginate, Akal Takht makes decisions that can Unite the Panth....and not only some scholars----> even though they might be rite because, they are SCHOLARS and therefore they know the Norm (SGGS) best....]

Also Army Officials give their statements...like was it hard to fight..could it be better not to fight.....that is the role of the Nihangs....they are the guys who live-out-the-decisions... (or historically they did....now, as i said every one is fighting with each other)

Deep...