Babay Gone Wild

Sohan_Su

the title may be a little misleading, but just something strange a relative told me just now.

A baba has been seen in the quiet streets of leicester asking for money, he goes by the name of baba jaswant singh jalandher wale and has come from india going door to door asking people for money in order to make some sort of ashram school with a prominent charity of some sort.

im not sure if the sangat of leicester know of a baba coming from india doing this? if its been announced at the local guru ghars? but he does seem to know punjabi houses within the areas he has visited. he has also been seen with 2 chelai. apparently he almost tried to invite himself into my relatives house as well? seems a bit dodgey to me.

so, a little strange incident i was told of today. just out of curiosity, who is this baba jaswant singh jalandher wale? and does anyone else have similiar experiences to share?

Ok just found out:

THIS BABA IS A FAKE, THERE WAS AN ANNOUNCEMENT AT ONE OF THE MAIN GURU GHARS IN LEICESTER ORDERING SANGAT NOT TO GIVE MONEY TO HIM. IT IS A SCAM!

IF YOU SEE A BABA IN YOUR AREA WITH A WHITE GHOL DASTAAR, THICK BROWN GLASSES, SNOW WHITE DHARA, QUITE FAIR SKINNED,TALL, WITH TWO CHELE (WHO ARE QUITE DARK), WALKS AROUND WITH A MAALA IN HIS HAND AND APPEARS TO TRY AND ENTER YOUR HOUSE, THEN BENTI TO SANGAT NOT TO GIVE MONEY TO THIS BABA.

HE SHOULD BE HUNTED DOWN!

When he came to my house with 1 other guy who looked like he was straight from India, he just said he needed maya for sewa - I genuinely didn't have any and he wasn't too happy......He recited a Shabad and then said Gurbani is priceless and i should give some maya in exchange.

At this point I told him how Sant Isher Singh Ji said a true Gursikh never begs from anyone except Waheguru. He left after my 'josh' began to rise......

I've seen a few true Sants and this guy may wear the clothes, but his actions, words etc quickly reveal the truth.

it seems odd that a guy is going around saying he is "baba jaswant singh jalandher wale", surly if he was making a school in india, he would not be using £1000+ for a ticket to come to the UK, instead he would prob hold a few smagams in india where he could raise the money. surly the local guru ghars would mention this baba and say what his intentions were to the sangat if he was panthic.

anyway, one of the main guru ghars have reported a baba doing this. so if theres any sangat in leicester, you have been warned about this baba.

he may strike in any town so sangato please be aware.