Guru Granth Sahibji To Be Traslated Into 13 Different Languages

TRANSLATING GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI INTO 13 LANGUAGES  

45 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU THINK ITS RIGHT TO SPREAD GURU'S MESSAGE TO THE ENTIRE WORLD?

• YES
    • NO

wjkk wjkf

dhan dhan shri guru granth sahib ji should not be printed in any other language other than gurmukhi itself.

you can print gutka sahib and sanchiyaan on any language, but NOT SGGSJI..... now they gonna print SGGSJI in other languages and then they gonna read in that language's accent and then the bani and meaning will be changed....waheguru waheguru!!!! the pure gurbani can only be read in gurmukhi.

waheguru.... i just dont understand what is happening in panth??? please help us.

wjkk wjkf

vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

people should be learning gurmukhi, not changing the guru granth sahib to suit them

That would be ideal.

But why are we treating this any different to Gurbani being translated into English? Sikhitothemax is a resource many of use on a day-to-day basis. Those are still translations.

On one hand having translations of Gurbani in other languages might help to spread Sikhi to many more people. But on the other hand as more translations keep appearing people like me become more and more reliant on them and soon there will be no motivation to learn Gurmukhi properly. Also translations will never really show the true essence of Gurbani.

vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

as per mareyada gurbani can be and is being translated ... there is bengali gutkas of japji sahib kept at harimander sahib ajaib ghar ... but in one sroop that is guru granth sahib its is not allowed ... like whole guru granth sahib in english together ... divide it in two parts and do translation ... but in one sroop no ...

I think its good to have Gurbani translated into many languages to spread the message of the Gurus across the world. Baba Deep Singh translated the Guru Granth Sahib into arabic and sent it to sangat in arab so i dont think there is a problem in translating bani into other countries..

Who will have the gyaan, kamai and avastha like baba deep singh to do such seva? baba jee was one of the 48 singhs that listened to the sampooran arth katha by guru gobind singh jee.... changing the language will change arth etc, todays sikhs cant even repsect maharaj jees pavitar saroop, let alone those of other faiths. they are calling maharanth only a granth, holy book, i can imagaine how much satkaar they must be giving, whilst doing the seva