Pet Dogs Are Not Allowed In Sikhism...

muslims are allowed to lie to kafirs or lie to their own to protect their brothers or in the greater interest of their faith.

they have justifications for every perversion.

raju bataay, it's your mommy here again...

remember people are not good or bad simply because of the faith they follow, please take care to play nice and not stereotype an entire faith group.

muslims are allowed to lie to kafirs or lie to their own to protect their brothers or in the greater interest of their faith.

remember people are not good or bad simply because of the faith they follow, please take care to play nice and not stereotype an entire faith group.

So you had a change of gender in the interim ? :D

You are very correct buddamummy about the fact that there are good people irrespective of faith. But in Islam the good people are exceptions and despite their faith and not because of their faith.

Because if one is an orthodox muslim this is what they are supposed to believe. And I do not have any reason for any great animosity over muslims. You know we Christians have always ruled muslims and shall do so in future as well.

So you had a change of gender in the interim ? :D

You are very correct buddamummy about the fact that there are good people irrespective of faith. But in Islam the good people are exceptions and despite their faith and not because of their faith.

Because if one is an orthodox muslim this is what they are supposed to believe. And I do not have any reason for any great animosity over muslims. You know we Christians have always ruled muslims and shall do so in future as well.

Raju baytaay,

On days and in discussions like these, I wonder if I should hope for a change of species, not just gender.

Proverbs 29:15 "The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame."

My god! where did I go wrong? Is it too late to give you a good spanking?

For us i think this had never been the topic of discussion before. Sikhs are bound to be compassionate to lord's creation .Niether we are specifically barred from keeping pets like muslims aint allowed to keep dogs and can eat specific type of meat and consider pig as 'haram' nor we give any special status to any animal like hindus consider cow as their mother or mislims are prescribed to drink camel pi$$ and stuff.

As for the muslim reason of not allowing dogs into the house is coz they believe that angels don't enter those houses where dogs reside and also where there are pictures. Dogs are considered impure. Lol ... my musim mate was cussing a gora when he was goin for his namaaz in a hurry and a gora's dog came and started smelling him....and he had to come back home fuming and had to purify himslf by doing their 'wazu' thing and in the process missed out going to mosque as he was already late.

REFERENCES:

1) Sayyidna Abu Talha (Radhiyallaahu Ánhu) reports that Prophet Mohammed said "Angels do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or an animate picture. (Sahih Bukhari Hadith no. 2986)

2) Sayyidna Ibn Abbas reports from Sayyidna Maimoona that once Prophet Mohammed became sad; and said that Jibra'eel (angel) promised to meet him at night but did not turn up. "By Allah what has kept him back," said the Prophet (Sallallaaahu Álayhi Wasallam). Then he realised a puppy was under his bed. He ordered that the puppy be removed and the area be sprinkled with water. In the afternoon when Jibra'eel (angel) came, Rasulullah (Sallallaaahu Álayhi Wasallam) enquired as to the delay. Jibra'eel said that we, the group of Angels do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or pictures. (Sahih Muslim Hadith no.3928)

WJKK WJKF

I recently got a Doberman Pinscher. I was wondering if anybody had suggestions for a name. I started a topic before about names of Guru Sahib's animals, but I didn't see anything I liked. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

WJkk Wjkf

I used to have a great dane, and he was called Vicky.

But I do know there is someone on this forum with the same name.

Doberman is a good breed. Have you docked its tail ?