jii

Looking For A Shabad That Is Sung After The Ardas

i'm looking for this shabad in audio format that is sung after the ardas. i don't actually know if it is part of the ardas but it usually happens afterwards.

thing is i used to attend punjabi school in the Gurdwara and got to know this shabad quite well, but now i've forgotten it, but the other day it just seem to come back in my mind.

it goes something like this, please forgive me because i do not know if fully or the words fully: guru manio grantha, shabi sha.... juga des ah... and at the end it goes 'nanak nam chaldi kala'

yeee....i ave...buh it wont let me post for sum reason :@

will you be able to post the link of where i can get it from?

it sounds like this, but i think these nihangs have sung it in a different melody, i think, or i could be wrong. if anyone know where i can get it in audio format, please do let me know.

Guest G.Kaur

I'm not really sure what shabad you are looking for. Is it Dohra that is sung after Ardaas? It starts with "Aageya bhay akaal kee tabhay chaleyo Panth Sabh Sikhan ko hukam hai Guru maneyo Granth?

thanks a lot :D

erm no, it was written by Bhai Prehlad Singh, ADDED to Giani Gian Singh ji's Granth!

On 6/14/2008 at 3:46 AM, jii said:

thing is i used to attend punjabi school in the Gurdwara and got to know this shabad quite well, but now i've forgotten it, but the other day it just seem to come back in my mind.

Don't take this the wrong bro, but it's quite amazing you've "forgotten" it, since it's not some obscure "shabad". It's a set of dohras recited every day after ardas in every Gurdwara. You might not have been to a Gurdwara recently, but have you also not been to a relative's Sukhmani Sahib paath or kirtan, ever?

On 6/14/2008 at 11:27 PM, chatanga said:

yeh its the dohra written by Giani Gian Singh and Bhai Nand Lal Ji.

Brother, I think it's better to say "recorded" by so and so, not "written" by them.

I believe the Sangat recited these dohras to memorialize prophecies/commandments by Guru Gobind Singh ji. And Sikh writers merely recorded what they recited. The reason I say this is there are people out (I'm talking about the SikhRI organization) there who are preaching that the Sangat just took to reciting these dohras because of Giani Gian Singh, thereby nullifying their significance.

SikhRI is being discussed in this thread here.