Looking For A Shabad That Is Sung After The Ardas

jii

On 6/14/2008 at 3:46 AM, jii said:

thing is i used to attend punjabi school in the Gurdwara and got to know this shabad quite well, but now i've forgotten it, but the other day it just seem to come back in my mind.

Don't take this the wrong bro, but it's quite amazing you've "forgotten" it, since it's not some obscure "shabad". It's a set of dohras recited every day after ardas in every Gurdwara. You might not have been to a Gurdwara recently, but have you also not been to a relative's Sukhmani Sahib paath or kirtan, ever?

On 6/14/2008 at 11:27 PM, chatanga said:

yeh its the dohra written by Giani Gian Singh and Bhai Nand Lal Ji.

Brother, I think it's better to say "recorded" by so and so, not "written" by them.

I believe the Sangat recited these dohras to memorialize prophecies/commandments by Guru Gobind Singh ji. And Sikh writers merely recorded what they recited. The reason I say this is there are people out (I'm talking about the SikhRI organization) there who are preaching that the Sangat just took to reciting these dohras because of Giani Gian Singh, thereby nullifying their significance.

SikhRI is being discussed in this thread here.