Sign in to follow this  
Eaek Gun Nahee

What Is Sampat Path ?

Guest G.Kaur

http://sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Paath

http://sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Sampat_path

"Sampat path is a variation of akhand path in which the reading of every single complete hymn of the Guru Granth Sahib is followed by the reading of a predetermined sabda or sJoka ( from the Guru Granth. Sahib itself) which is thus repeated throughout the recitation. The path is performed in a curtained cabin so that the reading is audible outside the cabin but the path! (reader) and the Scripture are not in the view of the audience. In the Hindu tradition, a mantra, prefixed and suffixed by another mystic word or mantra, is called sampat mantra. Literally, a sampat is a casket in which devout Hindus keep their idols or stone images called thakurs. The sampat path obviously takes double the time of an akhand path, or even more. Since such a path is contrary to the Sikh tenets, it never became an accepted form and is no longer in common vogue."

It take Seven Days to complete One Sampath Sree Akhand Path Sahib! Happens every year in our Gurdwara!

Whatever you say .... about hindu blah blah ....... I know one thing it's gurbaani.

Love it ! :D

talikhaak Posted Yesterday, 05:45 AM

No they don't.

:lol:

Ok then Mr Spokesperson for every jathebandi!

I guess the taksali's and nihang singhs (and non-jathebandi singhs) that i know who do this type of path must be imaginary then!

off-topic but one of banis my grandad does everyday from memory is sampat sukhmani sahib. takes him under an hour to do it with sampat when it takes me a zillion years to read from Gutka without sampat

guess this is what happens when you spend too much time arguing Sikhi & not enough practising it :umm:

"AK-47" veerjee/bhainjee I wasn't talking to you.

Bottom line, some do it, some don't.

Do it if you understand gurbani better. Don't do it if you think otherwise.

Guru Nanak Nishkam Sewak Jatha (Soho Road Gurdwara) do it every year in August for world peace!! Its one of the main smagams done there!!!