Guest N singh

Guest N singh

WJKK WJKF

Sorry 4 posting in da gupt section, but my password doesnt seem 2 work and proving 2 be a nigtmare to reset.

A few weeks ago I met a mate I hadnt seen for a few years. To cut a long story short my friend went to prison a few years ago, he went in as a mona and basically when he came out he took his amrith.

Anyway we was talking about why he changed and various things.

He got maried in India and was saying that he met one of his wifes uncles. When he met this uncle , the uncle started crying.

My freind asked him why are u crying, he basically said that he was so shocked to see a chardikala singh from england. basically he said that he was involved in the freedom movement in the 90's. and that he and his family had sufferd quite bad and that he now lives in hiding in rajasthaaan and very rarely returns to punjaab. The reason that he was crying was because he said we went through so much, we gave up everything 4 our dharam, but the state of punjaab at the momnet makes u think was it worth it. He couldnt believe that sikhi was so strong in england. When my friend told him abt hyde parkand that he had all sant ji's speaches and that we hadnt 4goten the events of the 80's in the uk made him smile and made him believe that all the singhs kurbaniia hadent been 4 nothing.

My friend was saying that every year he sends him picts of hyde park march and sant ji's speaches and how that singh couldnt believe that we hadnt 4goten.

My friend was saying that some times when he feels down in his sikhi he just remembers that singh crying and he is back on track again.

Sometimes we question the little things we may do, like attending programs akandh paats in the remberance of all those that did so much 4 our beutifull sikhi,but the little things can mean so much 4 some people.

sorry if u found my story bit long, but realy made me think when i heard it.

Guest _ravjeetsingh_
WJKK WJKF

Sorry 4 posting in da gupt section, but my password doesnt seem 2 work and proving 2 be a nigtmare to reset.

A few weeks ago I met a mate I hadnt seen for a few years. To cut a long story short my friend went to prison a few years ago, he went in as a mona and basically when he came out he took his amrith.

Anyway we was talking about why he changed and various things.

He got maried in India and was saying that he met one of his wifes uncles. When he met this uncle , the uncle started crying.

My freind asked him why are u crying, he basically said that he was so shocked to see a chardikala singh from england. basically he said that he was involved in the freedom movement in the 90's. and that he and his family had sufferd quite bad and that he now lives in hiding in rajasthaaan and very rarely returns to punjaab. The reason that he was crying was because he said we went through so much, we gave up everything 4 our dharam, but the state of punjaab at the momnet makes u think was it worth it. He couldnt believe that sikhi was so strong in england. When my friend told him abt hyde parkand that he had all sant ji's speaches and that we hadnt 4goten the events of the 80's in the uk made him smile and made him believe that all the singhs kurbaniia hadent been 4 nothing.

My friend was saying that every year he sends him picts of hyde park march and sant ji's speaches and how that singh couldnt believe that we hadnt 4goten.

My friend was saying that some times when he feels down in his sikhi he just remembers that singh crying and he is back on track again.

Sometimes we question the little things we may do, like attending programs akandh paats in the remberance of all those that did so much 4 our beutifull sikhi,but the little things can mean so much 4 some people.

sorry if u found my story bit long, but realy made me think when i heard it.

Waheguru jee ka khalsa Waheguru jee kee fateh,,

Veerji, i would share one of my feelings on the same matter..

I am from Ahmedabad/Gujarat/ India... My family is amritdhari. I was not much into thinking for sikhi or the religious side. I travelled to UK in 2004 for work and lived there for about 2 years. I went to the Hyde park rally and visited Gurudwaras and Rehnsabais regularly.. Travelling to UK has enlighten me about the importance of sikhi and the things that happened in 1984. In India we never had any discussion or no one remembers out side amritsar or punjab what happened in june 1984... Travelling to UK had changed for me the prospective of sikhi and religion,,,

Earlier i used to tie my beard even though i was amirtdhari but when i was in UK, i kept my dhaari flowing. My parents, family and friends were amazed with my decision but dont know i always feel it keeps me close to guru jee some how.. I feel to be proud of it now...

Agree with sometimes little things can matter much for people....

This year there was no official program in ahmedabad for rememebarance of shaheeds of 1984... But then in morning of 4th june i did sms requesting all sangat to do 5 chaupaee saheb paaths in remembarance of shaheeds and requested the sangat to pass the msg to all the sikhs they knew.... Interestingly i came to know that msg was forwarded to all sikhs in ahmedabad by some way and even to their relatives outside ahmedabad and that most of them did 5 chaupaee saheb paats just bcoz of a sms,,,, and even the same 5 recitations were done in all gurudwaras and the ardas for the shaheeds and chardikala of the panth were done which otherwise no one remembered,,,,, Everyone in sangat here thought of a forwarded sms and all came together... i was feeling happy end of the day that atleast ppl did remember even though a sms was required for that.....

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

Guest peacemaker
May mahraj do kirpaa on ungrateful unworthy moorakhs like me :(

gurfateh jee

You seem passionate enough. If you feel you aren't doing enough, just like the many others reading this, then start doing things for all the families impacted by 1984. You must be the change you want to see in the world, first, before everyone else can follow!

"Sometimes we question the little things we may do, like attending programs akandh paats in the remberance of all those that did so much 4 our beutifull sikhi,but the little things can mean so much 4 some people."

awesome post.

house negro sikhs try to discourage us in the west to forget because people in punjab have forgotten. but we all know that those mothers living in mud homes who sacrificed their sons feel proud that we call their sons and daughters our heroes, and remember their sacrifices.

we may not be able to give them money and wealth, but we can give them izzat, which is priceless. we give them izzat by honoring their wombs, which birthed mahaan jhodhe.

the biggest dishonor to those mothers is to call their sons' sacrifices worthless and wrong.

the house negro sikhs burn inside seeing us keeping the memory alive. they burn because they know it only takes a small spark to start a fire of revolution. and the spark is alive and well.

parnaam shaheedan nu.

peace.

Guest peacemaker
house negro sikhs

I'm not really sure if we should refer to a Sikh as a "house negro". I love Malcolm X, but he used the word "house negro" in a certain context, and I'm not sure if people who aren't familiar with Malcolm X, would really understand this word very well, especially when referring to another Sikh.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh Waheguru Parnaam Shaheeda Nu Jina Jaan Dharam Tou Vaarie Waheguru Guru Pyaarie Sad Sangat Jee we need ekta within us and the panth like that gursikh said they gave up everything for the sake of the Guru Panth Khalsa and today we need to put our differences aside and think about the Guru Panth Khalsa and SIKHI.

BUL CHUK MAAF KARNIE GURU PYAARIE SAD SANGAT JEE

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH