Nihang Rehat

LOL. things get funnier by the second. No one is cussing Nihang Singh Marayada, so get that out of your head

Sorry did i miss the joke? whats so funny? I just find it quite interesting how DDT is forgetting who its jathedars in puratan times were, i dont think its that funny actually, correct me if i am wrong! :gg:

Maharaaj kirpa karan on the panth.

• 1 month later...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Waheguru ji Ki Fateh.

I need the gurumukhi lipi version of this stanza or a scanned page will also do.

"

Khalsa Rehitnama (Buddha Dal gutka page 359)

Ek Onkaar sri Vaheguru ji Ki Fateh.

Sri Mukh Vaak Patshaahi 10

Tab im bhaniyo gareeb nivaaj.

Shastran ke adheen he raaj.

Dhunn sang saarey Prabhu ji sunaai.

Bina Tegh Teerang rahe nahe bhai.

Bina shatran Kesang, nar bhed jano.

Gahe kaan taako, kitey le sidhano.

Ehey mor agia sun leh piaarey.

Bina Tegh Kesang n divo deedaarey.

(Gurbilaas Bhai Sumer Singh Ji)

Yaatey Sarab Khalsa Suniaeh.

Aayudh dhabey utham guniaeh.

Jab hamre darsan ko aavoh.

Ban suchet tan Shastar sajavoh.

(Gurpratap Suraj rut 3 adhiaaie 23)

(rehatnamean vich vee shastardhari hon bare baar baar taageed keeti he )

Kachh Kirpan Kabhu n teeaagey.

Sanmukh larey n ran te bhaagey.

Shastr Heen n kabhu hoee.

Rehat vant Khalsa he soee.

(rehatnama Bhai Desa Singh ji)

Khalsa so jo chaeh turang.

Khalsa so jo kareh nitt jang.

Khalsa so jo shastr ko dharey.

Khalsa so jo dusht kao maarey.

"

Basically I need the gurumukhi lipi version of these two lines .

"

Shastran ke adheen he raaj.

"

and the second one

"

Khalsa so jo chaeh turang.

Khalsa so jo kareh nitt jang.

Khalsa so jo shastr ko dharey.

Khalsa so jo dusht kao maarey.

"

I would be greatful if anybody could help.

Gur Fateh.

Gurfateh !

Dear Bhai Sahib here are the verses you wanted, I have also included the lines you wanted in unicode Gurmukhi lipi so you can copy & paste them easily.

Pyar Naal,

Freed.

scan10205dc8.jpg

scan10206hh9.jpg

* From Khalsa Sundar Gutka - Singh Sahib Jathedar Baba Santa Singh Ji , Shromani Panth Akali Buddha Dal, Panjvan Takht Chalda Vaheer, Punjab (Hindustan). CSJS. Amritsar pp 359-361

ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰਨ ਕੇ ਅਧੀਨ ਹੈ ਰਾਜ ॥

ਖਾਲਸਾ ਸੋ ਜੋ ਚੜਹਿ ਤੁਰੰਗ ॥

ਖਾਲਸਾ ਸੋ ਜੋ ਕਰਹਿ ਨਿੱਤ ਜੰਗ ॥

ਖਾਲਸਾ ਸੋ ਜੋ ਸ਼ਸਤ੍ਰ ਕੋ ਧਾਰੇ ॥

ਖਾਲਸਾ ਸੋ ਜੋ ਦੁਸ਼ਟ ਕਉ ਮਾਰੇ ॥

• 4 months later...

<!--quoteo(post=425171:date=Jul 26 2009, 04:31 PM:name=Dukh Nivaran)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dukh Nivaran @ Jul 26 2009, 04:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=425171"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fatehhh!

Just browsing through, I follow most of this Rehat anyway, my question: The bit which requires one to sit in a Lotus position when tying Dumalla. What's that about?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

chonkri marke. cross legged. (like how u sit in the Gurdwara)

Yerh, I know that. Because I usually stand up when tying my Dumalla , so I was wondering why one is required to sit down.

partially keepind satkaar for ur dastaaraa

if ur standing, ur dastar is eiteron the ground, touching ur bastar, potentially hanging down and touchingur kachhairaa/pants/pajaama/pajaami (all considered joothe)

ur also probably using a mirror which is why you have to stand, many if not most nihang singhs don't use mirrors to jhulaa their dumalle

in lotus, ur generally more mentally and physically in sehaj, its the standard position for tapp, meditations etc

also easier to cover your legs/kachhairaa/pajaami with a hajooriyaa.

tying your dumalla is a sacred thing, standing, walking around, sitting in a chair, or laying down doesn't keep that sanctity. sitting down in lotus, you're generally more sehaj mentallyspiritually and able to focus

plus a nihang singh looks SOO much more cooler sitting down without a mirror, reciting dumalle de salok, while jhulaaing a dumalla than he does if he's standing up with his dastaar all over the place using a mirror :p

note: im not criticizing anyone for standing while they tie their dastaare, i promise you wont go to hell for it. just messin about

on pg 414 of Prachin Panth Prakash it states that Baba Gurbax Singh ji awoke every morning and drank Sukhnidhaan, becoming intoxicated he would attend to his daily affairs, If the so-called jathedar of 'Damdami Taksal' (I'm sorry, I see him only as a Tarna Dal Nihang) drank Sukha, who is anybody in taksaal to say anything about Dal Panth Maryada?

Well Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee said he was the Jathdaar, as you yourself have said, you won't find all our history in books as most is Seena Baseena.

If Taksali's are no-body to question the Dal-Panth Maryada, then what gives you the right to question who was and was not Mukhi of Damadami Taksaal? Don't be hypocritical, either don't question other samparada's, and if you do, don't be offended when they question yours!

lol this is ridiculous. sampardaas in punjab, especially puratan ones almost never trip over each other like they do here in the west

taksalis trippin over nihang singhs n akjs, nihangs singhs tripping over akjs n taksalis, akjs tripping over everything

its ridiculous

have any of you actually BEEN to mehta sahib? there's always a handful of nihang singhs there, to learn the vidya taught there

many singhs in the Dal, some of the best paathhis get their vidya from taksaal

i believe Baba Joginder Singh ji, mukhi Shiromani Panth Akali Buddha Dal also received his vidya from taksaal

despite our foolish bickerings and BS reasons claiming who's original and who isn't, and why were so diifferent, fact of the matter is that we aren't

aside from slight differences here and there, the most controversial ones being sukhnidhaan and jhatka, the maryadas of these two satkaarjog sampradaas are nearly identical.

our differences and hatred have been created by the modern vidyarthees of each sampardaa, the new kids, full of ego, as if proving their group better than the other's would make them a more powerful person. how many of you knew that baba thakur singh ji's nephew (bhaanjaa i think) is jathedaar baba Trilok Singh, of the Khyala Dal?

that baba thakur singh ji and baba daya singh ji, jathedar of the Bidhi Chand Dal, were pretty close companions

or that baba ji and baba kirtan singh ji, jathedar misl shaheedan tarna dal baba bakala were close companions as well

that baba nihal singh ji, jathedar misl shaheedan tarna dal, harianbelan, and his Dal, as well as the bidhhi chand dal, fully backed up Sant Jarnail Singh ji in the Morcha of the 80s

so who the hell are we to trip over who is legit and who isn't

get over it children, get over it

vando ladoo.