Nihang Rehat

Daas made a better readable of the above...

1.Do ardaas upon waking up in the mornings and ask for the boon of righteous actions

2. When adhering to the call of nature excercise hygene and cleanliness, and upon entering a city always procure water for such purposes

3. Cleanse your face with water (upon waking)

4. Bathe in cold water

5. When removing your kachera, your head and shoulders should be covered, and one leg should remain in the old pair as you transfer the opposite leg into the new pair 6.When tying your turban you must sit in the lotus posture (asan), your turban and kachera should never touch, and your turban should never be lifted off like a topi but should be properly untied

7.Upon waking in the morning recite Waheguru mantra and Mool Mantra while uniting surat and shabd through breath control

8. In the morning one must recite gurmantra, mool mantra and then recite or listen to the 5 banis, and Kirtan Sohila should be recited before going to sleep

9. When bathing the hair can be washed with yogurt

10. When drying the hair keep a small patka on

11. When drying the hair it must not be laid back, but should be combed to the sides with a blur keski

12. The dead hairs caught in your comb must not be thrown underfoot but should be cremated

13. Kachera should not be slung over the shoulder as it could come into contact with your beard and hair which is prohibited

14.The beard should not be dyed black

15. One should dress in blue

16. Worship the three Granths

17. Always depend on Akal and repeat his mantra

18. The Five Beloveds must give baptism to the Singhs

19. Do not abbreviate Singhs names into nicknames

20. Consider the five k's as your limbs

21. You must not take off the 5 k's when bathing

22. Always keep 2 combs and never use a broken comb

23. One cannot enter Guru Darbar without bathing instead he can only namaska from outside, nor can one enter with socks on

24. Stay away from the four kurehits

25. Keep on a blue keski at all times

26. Regard the sword as your isht and never be without it

27. Wear a dastaar and never a topi

28. Bathe daily

29. Always recite gurmantra and the 5 Banis

30. Always share with others,

31. Give 10% to the guru,

32. Do satsang and seva,

33. Do everything in accordance to gurmat

34. Always obey the hukam of SGGSji

35. Always speak the truth and attain virtuous qualities such as contentment,

36. Don't do nindaya

37. Never cut any hair,

38. Do not use drugs,

39. Do not do Halal custom

40. Never take the honor of a women or adulerate

41. ? (could not translate)

42.Do not steal or gamble

43. Restrain from intoxicants as much as possible

44. Don't go on Hindu pilgramiges or worship idols

45. Always be armed,

46.Any action should begin with ardaas to God, and Waheguru mantra is to be repeated with every breath whether, walking, standing, he is to always be thanked

47. After heeding the call of nature bathe five times

48.Gurbani should be kept in a ramalla, stored in a high place,

49. Never fight with Sikhs, always help the poor,

50. Don't take or use your sister's money

51. Don't eat with non-amritdharis

52. Always be truthful

53. Learn gurumukhi, remember gurbani and teach young people our history

54. One should not flatulate in the presence of Guru Granth Sahib

55. Do seva, bhakti,simran remain content and do righteous actions,

56.Never beg anything from anyone,

57.Never disgrace the Khalsa army

58. Always greet Singhs with Wahiguru ji ka Khalsa, Wahiguru ji ki Fateh

59.From birth until death keep gurmat in mind and act accordingly

60.Come to Budha Dal and register as a full-fledged member

61. Celebrate Holla Mohalla at Anandpur Sahib

62. Celebrate Sahibzadey's Memorial at Chamkaur Sahib

63. Celebrate Mata Gujri Anniversary at Fatehgarh Sahib

64. Celebrate fullmoon, Guru Nanak's Birthday pur Lodhi, Kapurthala

65. Magi, Sri Mukhtsar Sahib

66. Basant pachmi, Patiala

67. Do not get piercings

Points 35 and 36 are very interesting.

35. dont eat food sitting besides niguraas.

36. only eat food prepared by rehitvaan amritdharis.

These 2 points are great and support dietary bibek which I feel is must if someone wants to do bhagti.

Then there is a mention that blue keski shud be worn all the time, even while drying hair, one shud cover the head with the blue keski. This indirectly means that keski shud be treated as a kakaar.

All in all, excellent nihung rehit.

If all nihungs start to practice this rehit, THEY WILL RULE THE WHOLE WORLD.

Just another thing id like to point out lol. I started translating this Rehat with my mum lol and i coul;dnt find it on the english version on here, but it says that when doing Rehraas you must also do Aarti aswell :)

Its mentioned in point no. 9

"Shami - Sodar Rehraas --Aarti Aarta parhe ja suney. Saaun samey kirtan sohila da path kar ardas kar bisraam karey"

Aarti is a collection of beautiful shabads and one shud try to sing arti daily.

I dont know much about artaa. May be some nihung veer can tell about arta. I guess it must be contaning Dasam Bani.

I dont know much about artaa. May be some nihung veer can tell about arta. I guess it must be contaning Dasam Bani.

If you read the Aarti shabads, Bhagat Dhana Ji has used the word 'aarta' instead of aarti. For this reason, some Gursikhs refer to it as 'Aarti-Aarta'.

If you read the Aarti shabads, Bhagat Dhana Ji has used the word 'aarta' instead of aarti. For this reason, some Gursikhs refer to it as 'Aarti-Aarta'.

To see a google vid of Budhadal style Arti-Arta please click the link below:

Nihang Arti Arta

Points 35 and 36 are very interesting.

35. dont eat food sitting besides niguraas.

36. only eat food prepared by rehitvaan amritdharis.

These 2 points are great and support dietary bibek which I feel is must if someone wants to do bhagti.

Then there is a mention that blue keski shud be worn all the time, even while drying hair, one shud cover the head with the blue keski. This indirectly means that keski shud be treated as a kakaar.

All in all, excellent nihung rehit.

If all nihungs start to practice this rehit, THEY WILL RULE THE WHOLE WORLD.

I respect Nihangs but only to the extent, they have retained puratan libaas of sikhs. Just that. Few questions:

1. Where it is written in Gurbani to be a bihangam?

Guru Amardass ji says:

Those who are attuned to the Naam, the Name of the Lord, remain detached forever. Even as householders, they lovingly attune themselves to the True Lord. O Nanak, those who serve the True Guru are blessed and very fortunate. ||8||3|| SSGS pg 230

2. Where it is importance of Blue color in Sikhi? Its a practice from so long period, that we use Kesri & Blue color, but Guru has given no importance to any color. Even if there is any comparison for God's love, color used is Suha or Lal (red color), majith. But this is only for some example.

3. Keski as kakaar : It is AKJ who has violated Sikh Rehat Maryada of Sri Akal Takht Sahib by treating and saying Keski as fifth Kakaar. SRM which was made with long struggle of 11 years, implemented in 1945, having Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh head of AKJ as one of the member. (Read Sikh Rehat Maryada). Even Bhai Nand Lal Goya one of the 52 high esteemed poets of Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji wrote:

Nishane Sikhi e harf panch kaaf (Sikhi has 5 K's)

Ke hargiz na bashad e panch muaff. (No one is forgiven without without these 5's.)

Kada Kardo Kacch Kanga bedan (Kada, Kirpan, Kacchera, Kanga are must)

Bila Kes hech ast zumlo nishaan (But without Kes everyting else has no value)

Without Kes can u wear Keski. Other rehatnaames were written by other Sikhs after Guru Gobind Singh.

4. Only eat food prepared by rehitvaan amritdharis : Guru says

Awaal Alah noor upaya, kudrat ke sabh bande.........

Sri Guru Gobind Singh had his rasoyiya (kitchen servant, who used to make food for all) Gangu Brahmin, who was Hindu, not even a Sikh. Guruji ate whatsoever prepared by him even after Amrit. Are nihangs above Guru?

Think mere Veer, don't indulge in so called rituals, recite naam, do good work and live a healthy and social life.

Bhull Chuk muaff karni

Guru Fateh

To see a google vid of Budhadal style Arti-Arta please click the link below:

Nihang Arti Arta