Nihang Rehat

lol...no problems, maybe I didn't express myself clearly?

I think me and you are prone to cross wires anyway, so we have to be careful. If I'm ever being sarky, I'd probably be blatant with it.

Going back to the thread: given modern research on cannabinoids and other anecdotal evidence, maybe those purtaan Singhs were ahead of the curve when it came to understanding and using naturally occurring, plant based remedies?

why wouldn't they be they were listening to Guru Pita ji ...he said in bani that multiple generations would be infertile if we smoked ...the scientists are now finding out that grandparents are destroying the fertility of grandchildren and onwards...

drinking as well ... he told used to eat sarblohi bibek langar to avoid illness and only now the world is catching up on the complex relationships in our bodies and our immune systems with relation to iron, and cooking in iron vessels is the only way you make it be able to absorbed as opposed to tabs.

why wouldn't they be they were listening to Guru Pita ji ...he said in bani that multiple generations would be infertile if we smoked ...the scientists are now finding out that grandparents are destroying the fertility of grandchildren and onwards...

I'm talking about wider cultural/traditional knowledge of plants and substances occurring in nature. Not necessarily directly from dasmesh pita himself but part of the wider cultural understandings/traditions in Panjab in bygone days. Call it traditional pharmacology if you want.

I think some people equate drinking sukh-nidhaan in the past as the equivalent of someone smoking a 'spliff' today. The two things are totally different and for totally different purposes.

And modern science is finding that substances in cannabis might be helpful for all sorts of medical/psychological problems.

So there are other rational explanations of why our ancestors might have consumed bhang outside of wanting to get high.

That's not excuse to get stoned though! lol

I'm talking about wider cultural/traditional knowledge of plants and substances occurring in nature. Not necessarily directly from dasmesh pita himself but part of the wider cultural understandings/traditions in Panjab in bygone days. Call it traditional pharmacology if you want.

I think some people equate drinking sukh-nidhaan in the past as the equivalent of someone smoking a 'spliff' today. The two things are totally different and for totally different purposes.

And modern science is finding that substances in cannabis might be helpful for all sorts of medical/psychological problems.

So there are other rational explanations of why our ancestors might have consumed bhang outside of wanting to get high.

That's not excuse to get stoned though! lol

probably it is an attempt to malign nihangs , but it is true that Hindus consume bhang for getting out of their heads and so have pushed their bad attitudes into our circles.