Nihang Rehat

• 3 weeks later...

If Baba Gurbaksh Singh Ji was Jathedar of Akaal Takht, Taksaal and (according to Laadli Fauj) also the jathedar of Dal Panth (wether that be both Buddha Dal & Tarna Dal), then why isnt this documented anywhere or written on historical websites such as Damdamitaksal.org and others?

Jagmeet Veerji,

Please refer to my earlier detailed post in this topic which explains the history of nihangs and taksaals,

Baba Gurbaksh Singh ji was not jathedar of Akal Takhat or Dal Panth, he was a jathedar of Tarna Dal Shaheedi Misl which is subservient to Budha Dal, only the Jathedar of Budha Dal can be jathedar of Dal Panth and Akal Takhat.

Furthermore Baba ji was not the 'jathedar' of any Taksal external to Dal Panth

he may have headed a taksal under Tarna Dal's supervision but jathedhari was never given in those times over the schools.

Jagmeet Veerji,

Please refer to my earlier detailed post in this topic which explains the history of nihangs and taksaals,

Baba Gurbaksh Singh ji was not jathedar of Akal Takhat or Dal Panth, he was a jathedar of Tarna Dal Shaheedi Misl which is subservient to Budha Dal, only the Jathedar of Budha Dal can be jathedar of Dal Panth and Akal Takhat.

Furthermore Baba ji was not the 'jathedar' of any Taksal external to Dal Panth

he may have headed a taksal under Tarna Dal's supervision but jathedhari was never given in those times over the schools.

Then the facts on Damdamisahib.org are incorrect? As they have stated Baba Ji was Jathedar of Damdami Taksaal and Akaal Takht.

I don't think anyone can really trace this back and probably hasn't been documented either. It's a shame really, because different Sampradas have different versions of history.

Chalo we need to concentrate on the future and Khalsa Raaj!

Very interesting topic. I feel instead of debating about different versions of history, we need to acept the MODEL that valli singh is talking about. In the future when the sikhs will have a country, there will be army (dal panth) and civilians. The civilians will also need to take some army training.(even today in many countries like South Korea, the civilians are required to do some years of army service). The head or the jathedaar of army (dal panth) should be the jathedaar of Sri Akaal Takht Sahib as well. The gurdwaras will be run by the army(dal panth). A soldier on active duty in the army will be called a nihang and the civilians will be called khalsas.

At present, there are lots of nangs in Dal panth and have spoiled the image of dal panth. But we need to look at the model of the dal panth and not fake individuals who are currently the part of dal panth.

Nihang rehit(jhatka and shaheedi degh are part of traditions and not rehit) is complete and shud be acceptable to the entire panth.

Well contrary to the below, speeches of Mukhis of Taksaal Being Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee and Several of Sant Jarnail Singh kees Speeches state that the samparda was started from Guru Gobind Singh jee and Baba Deep Singh Jee was the First Jathedaar, there are books written by the jathedaars which also state this. I would rather believe the bachan of pooran brahm gianis. Stop trying to twist history my friend

Mike Singh,

Jathedar Baba Santa Singh ji is the source of that fact, he is third in line from Baba Kaladhari himself, what's more until the late 70's there were still elderly Nihangs alive who were present on that day and so witnessed this event unfold,

"When the British-backed SGPC force infiltrated Akal Takht and injured and subdued it's inhabitants, Master Tara Singh threw Dasam Granth ji from it's planquin, and exclaimed 'now get out and take your filthy book with you', Sri Dasam Granth ji was then thrown from the window".

Tara Singh was a Neo-Sikh, British lapdog disgrace to the Panth, you're not going to find accounts like that written by these cowardly modern scholars who worship the ground he walked on, the point is if you want to get the facts ask knowledgeable. elderly Nihangs in India.

As for this tenuous Taksal/Nihang connection, the only santhiya/taksal tradition that I'm aware of in Dal Panth comes from Baba Mitt Singh ji and that would be in the early 1900's, though there is a strong purataan santhiya tradition in Dal Panth going far back it was never as forcefully institutionalized as the DDT today is, there was no Jathedari or Sardari involved in it, it was just a teacherly duty carried out by elderly Nihangs as it is today in nearly any large Dal, I know Baba Bakala has a strong santhiya tradition but they are Tarna Dal.

Furthermore, Baba Deep Singh ji and Baba Gurbax Singh ji were heads of Shaheedi Misal Tarna Dal first and foremost and not Budha Dal, and so they were never heads of the Panth as a whole whether or not they were in charge of any taksal, also in purataan times Nihangs would generally be educated and recieve santhiya from Udasi and Niramala Deras or even Seva Panthis such as the relatively unknown Mani Singh Taksal, this purataan tradition has completely been erased with the decline and fall of the Sanatan Singh Sabha and thus you have Nihangs running there own taksals from the 1900's until today,

So the point is there was no seperate taksal that broke off from Budha Dal, and the Jathedar of Budhadal and the Panth would have never been considered a Jathedar of any Taksal even if there were one running under him because it would have been seen as a grammar school and hardly something that would need any Jathedari as it was not a Misal.

Well contrary to the below, speeches of Mukhis of Taksaal Being Sant Gurbachan Singh Jee and Several of Sant Jarnail Singh kees Speeches state that the samparda was started from Guru Gobind Singh jee and Baba Deep Singh Jee was the First Jathedaar, there are books written by the jathedaars which also state this. I would rather believe the bachan of pooran brahm gianis. Stop trying to twist history my friend
Mike Singh,

Jathedar Baba Santa Singh ji is the source of that fact, he is third in line from Baba Kaladhari himself, what's more until the late 70's there were still elderly Nihangs alive who were present on that day and so witnessed this event unfold,

"When the British-backed SGPC force infiltrated Akal Takht and injured and subdued it's inhabitants, Master Tara Singh threw Dasam Granth ji from it's planquin, and exclaimed 'now get out and take your filthy book with you', Sri Dasam Granth ji was then thrown from the window".

Tara Singh was a Neo-Sikh, British lapdog disgrace to the Panth, you're not going to find accounts like that written by these cowardly modern scholars who worship the ground he walked on, the point is if you want to get the facts ask knowledgeable. elderly Nihangs in India.

As for this tenuous Taksal/Nihang connection, the only santhiya/taksal tradition that I'm aware of in Dal Panth comes from Baba Mitt Singh ji and that would be in the early 1900's, though there is a strong purataan santhiya tradition in Dal Panth going far back it was never as forcefully institutionalized as the DDT today is, there was no Jathedari or Sardari involved in it, it was just a teacherly duty carried out by elderly Nihangs as it is today in nearly any large Dal, I know Baba Bakala has a strong santhiya tradition but they are Tarna Dal.

Furthermore, Baba Deep Singh ji and Baba Gurbax Singh ji were heads of Shaheedi Misal Tarna Dal first and foremost and not Budha Dal, and so they were never heads of the Panth as a whole whether or not they were in charge of any taksal, also in purataan times Nihangs would generally be educated and recieve santhiya from Udasi and Niramala Deras or even Seva Panthis such as the relatively unknown Mani Singh Taksal, this purataan tradition has completely been erased with the decline and fall of the Sanatan Singh Sabha and thus you have Nihangs running there own taksals from the 1900's until today,

So the point is there was no seperate taksal that broke off from Budha Dal, and the Jathedar of Budhadal and the Panth would have never been considered a Jathedar of any Taksal even if there were one running under him because it would have been seen as a grammar school and hardly something that would need any Jathedari as it was not a Misal.

Its very important to teach the civilian sikh population gurbani santhiyaa and gurbani meanings. May be the Dal Panth can create a new battalian by the name Tarna Dal Taksali Misal where the traditions of jhatka and shaheedi degh are not practiced and greater emphasis is given on santhiyaa than warrior aspects.

I do feel that in the future when the sikhs will have a country, the ARMY SHUD HAVE ALL THE POWER. The army shud be running gurdwaras, controlling golakks, giving santhiyaa, giving martial arts training. Anyone who eats the golak money of the sangat shud be burnt live, same way Dashmesh Pita burnt those corrupt masands.

It is clear Baba Deep Singh and Baba Gurbax Singh were Jathedars of Damdami Taksaal, and it is clear they were pure Nihang Singhs of Tarna Dal!

What i find funny is how taksaali's these days like to look down on Dal Panth and its maryade, and at the same time they like to call certain aspects of Dal Panth maryada wrong, i find this hilarious!

Why?

My point being to these taksaali soldiers is that you can laugh at Dal Panth, but history states pooran Brahmgianis of Damdami Taksaal had no problems with Dal Panth.

Baba Deep Singh - Nihang Singh

Baba Gurbax Singh - Nihang Singh

(2 very close Singhs to Guru Gobind Singh, stayed with maharaj, did maharaj's sangat, were blessed with shaheedi! BOTH WERE NIHANG SINGHS!!)

The youth here can say what they want, history doesn't lie!!

Akalifaujan ji,

You are one thousand percent right,

on pg 414 of Prachin Panth Prakash it states that Baba Gurbax Singh ji awoke every morning and drank Sukhnidhaan, becoming intoxicated he would attend to his daily affairs, If the so-called jathedar of 'Damdami Taksal' (I'm sorry, I see him only as a Tarna Dal Nihang) drank Sukha, who is anybody in taksaal to say anything about Dal Panth Maryada?

P.S I am only critical of those in DDT who demean Dal Panth because otherwise we are VERY close with Taksaal as they are doing alot to promote Dasam Bani.