Sgpc Drops Memorial For Operation Bluestar Shaheeds

2desi

SGPC drops memorial for bluestar

Chandigarh

May 28: The Shiromani Gurudawara Prabandhak Committee has rescinded its six-year old plan to build a memorial for Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale and scores of his armed followers who died battling the Army troops during Operation Bluestar in June 1984.

Responding to a demand by the radical Sikh groups, Mr Avtar Singh Makkar said, "The radicals have a habit of raking up issues that have long been shelved."

http://howrah.org/india_news/13975.html

If this is true, then it is the ultimate disrespect, first to announce a memorial in 2002 then to go back on it spitting on the Kurbani of our Shaheeds.

Does this surprise you? Isn't the SGPC under the thumb of Badal and party?

Baba Jarnail Singh Khalsa Bhindranwale is a figure in our history like non other - in fact I would go on to say that his life and stance against the zulm of the Hind Sarkar affords him a name in our history equivelent to Baba Deep Singh Shaheed.

The spot where he left this world should be marked by a chhabeel.

Anyway - good job the SGPC is not doing it. With the hash of kar seva jobs that would give the Duke of Edinburgh a field day of jokes about dodgy Indian craftsmen, we are better off without anything made by them. One day a wealthy sardar will build a monument fit for the one who fought like a tiger - no Sikh should ever forget!

i cant believe this :(

if this is true sikhs need to protest

we need to collect funds and build our own memorial

i think if we buy land we can do it................if not in india maybe elsewhere

i dont know if this is possible all i know is that sikhs cant take this lying down

Guest shastr

no suprise at all.

the word of sant ji about politics and its members: "before they get elected, they will go as far as calling a donkey their father, and after they get elected, they will call their father a donkey" "khotte nu bhapu, tey fir bhapu nu khotta" lmao, i love baba ji.

I agree with Sarpanch! It would just take a lot of investment. And if it was one continuous design across all nations it would again show the unity of the Kaum. But, agreeing on one design could be the biggest hurdle rather than investment

how predicatable, we asked the same question to vadanti sahib a few yrs back, where is the memorial in the name of shaheed singhs, he didnt have an answer. pathetic.

dont worry singhs have a lot more shaheedia to give, maybe in the future a massive one can be made to honour all shaheeds when we have our raaj