This What We Need Today?

Sat Sri Akal:

The cartoon says it all...the kathakari can serve as a link for the youth to apply Gurbani to real life. Unfotunately, the bast majority of the Kathakaris I have seen and heard just explain Gurbani their own way, without giving the practical link. Although one can figure it out if they are dedicated to the Sikh Path, the ones on the fence can really be aided by more proactive kathakaris.

hunjee..we must show the youth (and adults even) that Sikhi is everything..and Guru Jee holds the answers for all our problems, Guru Jee tells us how to conduct our lives, business, marriages, etc...I also think we personally also need to study/understand as much as we can individually. I find that reading translations and Punjabi explanations and then seeing the link with history (or Sakhis) is useful. Then we create a link with everday life and most important how we conduct our spiritual life & connect the two as one...

There are so many talented veers and bhainjee's just on this forum, we should step up and try katha at our local gurdwara sahibs. I usually try to explain shabads whilst singing and create some sort of link. Sometimes vudaay veers will hold discussions after diwan like the ones we do, and they serve as small workshops as sort. The best discussion I thought we had was 'Deg Teg Fateh' we figured out the meaning, the history, the reason, and how it is so very critical to daily life...

Thanks for the post veera...

Warmest waheguru jee ka khalsa..waheguru jee kee fateh!

We have nothing like that @ my local gurdwara sahib like have having discussion or some sort of thing which translates gurmukhi into english.... I tried to tell *President members* to have the projector stuff for youth.. but hey one voice is not enuf..

Funny thing is that i learn more stuff online then i do @ gurdwara sahib, but i still go to gurdwara sahib every weekend cauz spending few moments of time with sangat is different experience.. and our guru ji told us to go and enjoy the rass of ba\ni with sangat... B)