Sleeping After Amritvela

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sikhi is against causing pain to your body. If you are not getting enough sleep or not eating when you need food, you are causing unneccesary pain. In India, those people who are farmers mostly sleep in the afternoon. For most of us, this life is impossible, so if you need to sleep after amrit vela, just go for it.

Remember that when we are in our jobs etc we are representing Sikhi with our Sikhi saroop. If you are doctor for example and you keep yawning, it does not look very professional. I think this issue is personal (just as eating before amrit vela). Dont do something which will make you ill and fatigue. :D

wjkk wjkf

i dont see the problem, as bhaji said dont give pain to your body.

sometimes i sleep in the afternoon for 1-2 hrs when i know that i have the whole night to stay awake like on most of the big samagams. that 1-2 hrs sleep helps me stay awake for extra 5-7 hrs.... if i dont have that 1-2 hrs sleep in the afternoon and i feel sleepy by 10-11pm and its usually this time when the smagams really kicks off...

even some granthi sahib at gurughar do rest in the afternoon.... dont see anyting wrong in it.

wjkk wjkf

KKV using Akhalee Nihang Baba Hardeesh Singh Jee Velling Vahleh's account

I don't actually do Amrithvehlaa becuase am a lazy sod..

BUT when there was Bhaee Fauja Singh Jee's camp - Singh (won't say name for legal reasons) said that he goes to india and meets with Bhaee Fauja Singh Jee's Singhnee and he got like all the 'how to' hand written listings thing of how Bhaee Fauja Singh Jee would have the schedule for Singh's and Singhnee's during the camp.

In there Bhaee Fauja Singh Jee has written that during camp he wouldn't allow his Singhs and Singhnee'yaa's to go back to sleep after AmrithVehlaa becuase when you wake up you might think did i REALLY get up for AmrithVehlaa or was it just a dream....?

BUT Bhaee Fauja Singh Jee would allow his Singhs and Singhnee'yaa to rest for about a hour or two around 3 ish or something.

I aint preaching becuase I don't acctually practice yet....but you know...

its ok to sleep after

JAP JI SAHIB JI

AMRIT VELA SACH NAAUN WADAIYEE VEECHAAR

main roj hi alarm band ker ke sou jana haan

kinna stupid haan main

Hey thats a convinient Thukh to use here but i REALLY hope you don't mind me correcting you (it probably aint your fault - you may have just copied the Thukh from STTM) but why do we pronounce 'VAAVEH' as a 'W' when it comes to pronuncing in english? It may not change the meaning of Gurbanee in this case but if you look at PLENTY english Gutkeh and other books which explain Gurbanee - just by pronouncing a letter or word wrong it changes the whole meaning of the Shabadh.

No offence geeza I don't want to preach but am just saying :happy: