Sleeping After Amritvela

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its best to try stay wake after amritvela if you ask me, use the time to do extra bani, simran, clean up, do your assignments, read a book or check whats new in the news.

yea thats wat i do. wake up amrit vela. finish path then study a bit. sometimes i go to sleep :rolleyes: . oh and ur minds fresh so u can proper study.

once you get used to amrit vela, its wicked :3singh3:

i've only ever gotten up at amritvela once, and when i was doing the ardas, i could feel someone poking me in my back repeatedly...even though i was alone in the room!

i didn't look round, and to be totally honest i have been a bit scared to do it since :BL:

so now i just wake up a bit earlier than i would for work, so around 5.45ish which i know is really late!

VJKK, VJKF!

Cold Ishnaan dose the trick every time... not a chance of going back to sleep.

I personally dont go back to sleep after Nitnem, but on the other hand i dont think there is a rule saying you cant... or is there?? :D

Bhul Chuk Maaf

VJKK, VJKF!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah I remembered when i was younger; we had Siree Guroo Granth Sahib Jee come to our house for a Akhand Paat. Of course, we being young idiots we didnt spend ANY time inside and listening to Gurbanee. But we was blessed with PLENTY Sangath; we had a young BibeeJee doing the Sevaa and she was doing like flow-fully and all. One of the Singhs in our family got up and he went to my mom and goes 'She isn't doing Paat correctly; her pronounciation is wrong, the meanings of Gurbanee are being changed'.

My mom didn't say anything to the BibeeJee; she went to the "commitee" at Siree Guroo Granth Sahib Jee's Gurdhvaara and she told them that 'We have a Akhand Paat at our house, but the BibeeJee you have sent is not doing Paat correctly etc.

How pathetic is this: the "pardhaan" goes:

'We shouldn't say that about Sangath that is willing to do the Seva for free'

How disgusting is that?? This <banned word filter activated> didn't mind that Gurbanee was pronouced wrong, as long as the Sangath's money remained in his pocket and not the BibeeJee's wages. I think its stupid that so called "pardhaan's" employ people to do Seva that have NO Gyaan or experience.

The point I'm making is that that little story of mine is a reminder of Kaljug; people stoop so low that tehirs endless beh'adh'bee. <_<

Im guilty of not reading the whole thread thoroughly so please forgive me if i repeat or overlook what somebody has already said.

I believe having the 'himmat' (will/energy) to have ishnaan, do naam simran, take part in kirtan , read gurbani be it asa di vaar from sri adh granth sahib or chandi di vaar from sri dasam granth sahib or any other bani for that matter, is a very big 'pun/poon' i think thats the correct word, what i mean is that its a very high value deed.

in my opinion wether u have stayed awake from the previous night to do naam simran in amrit vela or have specifically woken up to do so does not matter, the face that you are is the main picture.

also many respected posters have said 'ive only done it couple of time or something along those lines'. which leads me to ask my question what time does the average asa di vaar that you attend commence ? the ones i attend finish before/as the sun rises and hence are completed in amrit vela. So if i attend the asa di vaar its a 2 in 1 for me as i listen to gurbani whilst doing nam simran, and i consider this amritvela,

i have no right to question anyone as i am nobody. so please forgive me

Sat Sri Akaal

p.s it would be nice to know how people get ready for amrit vela, i.e head to toe ishnaan including hair etc ....