Sikh Nation

I see another topic locked on Khalistan, i wanted to post my question there and since its locked i am asking ADMIN id i can start this new topic? its a quesion for us pro Khalistanis ( i am as well) but i had some doubts that i wanted to clear out. Admin can i continue or we cant talk about Khalistan here?

here we go....................

I am pro Sikh State as well, but sometimes I am in doubt. I completely understand the present and past history and wrongs done to us. But I don’t understand is that, its only the foreign Sikhs (not a big number) who are demanding Sikh state, if you go to Punjab, no one is interested in that, and none of us foreign Sikhs have gone to Punjab and demanded Sikh state.

On top of this, all the pro Khalistan Sikhs are shying away from the demand as well (recent example at Toronto Nagar Kirtan and most of them asked for pardon and went to India to visit or for business).

So why are we wasting energy and money. Can't we use the same time and money to lobby and get better rights for Sikhs in Punjab? Can’t we spend the same money and work towards development of Punjab and Sikhs there. You think now is the time to fight against the Indian state? We couldn't do anything in '84 and Sant ji never demanded Khalistan, he was only fighting for rights, we should start playing a constructive role, instead of hurting ourselves.

Can someone answer what I am looking for? Can’t we do something constructive instead of being labeled as terrorists. Can’t we just focus on development of Punjab? Can’t we make it the best place again and work on youth in Punjab so that they can support when we ask for our rights. Talking big while staying in foreign countries is not gona make any difference, the people of Punjab also need to speak up and for that they should be literate and financially well. It’s so easy talking big while enjoying a luxurious lifestyle in foreign countries.

the entire movement needs be revived

but slowly, educating the ppl of punjab, hindu sikh n muslim alike,

cuz as of now, most punjabis are content with punjab as it is

they're too worried about making a living and the safety of their own families to worry about making a new state

and logically speaking, 20 yr old wounds dont rly mean much to punjab today

what is needed is a jago, again

but not totally run by militants, but ppl doin parchaar, as sant ji did, only using the gun when absolutely necessary

the possibility of torture, rape, and elimination would make you not talk about kalistan either. don't you find it weird that majority of khalistanis live abraod? you think maybe freedom of thought and expression makes this possible?

how come people come from punjab, and all of a sudden are khalistani? these people you see talking about khalistan aren't third, fourth, generation punjabis living abroad, many are straight from punjab.

and i suggest you visit indira gandhi airport and amritsar airport to see how many of these NRIs visit punjab each month. so many that there is another airport to come up in Mohali.

there are thousands of sikhs still in prison since 1984, what do they want? tens of thousands of sikh youth were eliminated in the 80s and 90s, what did they want?

NRIs aren't talking about something made up in Canada, Khalistan was declared at the Akal Takhat at a Sarbat Khalsa in 1986, attended by tens of thousands of sangat. And as for baba Jarnail singh ji, he said the day the army entered darbar sahib the foundation of khalistan would be laid.

These are facts now. i'm not talking through emotion. you can watch the sarbat khalsa from 1986 on youtube. you can read the human rights reports about the number of sikh youth eliminated.

Yes we can forget about khalistan, but then you've just told thousands of sikh youth in prisons, mothers of the likes of sukha and jinda, that your kids died for a stupid cause.

it seems you have decided that khalistan is not a contructive concept. that's fine. maybe you need to learn about people who are talking about khalistan in punjab. i'm sure you'll be surprised that's its quite a few.

you'll find that where sikhi parchar is strong, you have khalistanis. is this a coincidence? sikhi is stronger in foreign countries, even jathedars, and big shots in our faith say this all the time. and when sikhi parchar was at its peak in punjab, khalistan was talked of. again, what's the deal?

just take a deep breath and think about all of this before abandoning a concept for which many many gave sacrifices, even more sacrifices than for independence from Britain when freeing India. More people were killed in Op bluestar than at jallianwaala bagh. The same jallianwala bahg that politicians go to to this day to inspire patriotism for India.

freedom is never a bad idea. and sikhs were pushed towards khalistan. yes baba bhindrawaala wanted rights not khalistan. so what did that get him? he got tanks rolled into darbar sahib. asking for just rights and not khalistan got tens of thousands of sangat shaheed.

its been 24 years, when are you going to get those rights? Sikhs have been very patient fighting for rights. the problem is sikhs don't ask for rights, they take them. sikhs didn't want khalistan, but when the gov't attacked darbar sahib and killed thousands of innocent sikhs in delhi, siksh realized they needed a home.

don't blame NRIs for khalistan. Praise them for not forgetting their shaheeds. just as Indians can't forget their martyrs, we can't forget ours.

peace.

:TH: NICE POST

the possibility of torture, rape, and elimination would make you not talk about kalistan either. don't you find it weird that majority of khalistanis live abraod? you think maybe freedom of thought and expression makes this possible?

how come people come from punjab, and all of a sudden are khalistani? these people you see talking about khalistan aren't third, fourth, generation punjabis living abroad, many are straight from punjab.

and i suggest you visit indira gandhi airport and amritsar airport to see how many of these NRIs visit punjab each month. so many that there is another airport to come up in Mohali.

there are thousands of sikhs still in prison since 1984, what do they want? tens of thousands of sikh youth were eliminated in the 80s and 90s, what did they want?

NRIs aren't talking about something made up in Canada, Khalistan was declared at the Akal Takhat at a Sarbat Khalsa in 1986, attended by tens of thousands of sangat. And as for baba Jarnail singh ji, he said the day the army entered darbar sahib the foundation of khalistan would be laid.

These are facts now. i'm not talking through emotion. you can watch the sarbat khalsa from 1986 on youtube. you can read the human rights reports about the number of sikh youth eliminated.

Yes we can forget about khalistan, but then you've just told thousands of sikh youth in prisons, mothers of the likes of sukha and jinda, that your kids died for a stupid cause.

it seems you have decided that khalistan is not a contructive concept. that's fine. maybe you need to learn about people who are talking about khalistan in punjab. i'm sure you'll be surprised that's its quite a few.

you'll find that where sikhi parchar is strong, you have khalistanis. is this a coincidence? sikhi is stronger in foreign countries, even jathedars, and big shots in our faith say this all the time. and when sikhi parchar was at its peak in punjab, khalistan was talked of. again, what's the deal?

just take a deep breath and think about all of this before abandoning a concept for which many many gave sacrifices, even more sacrifices than for independence from Britain when freeing India. More people were killed in Op bluestar than at jallianwaala bagh. The same jallianwala bahg that politicians go to to this day to inspire patriotism for India.

freedom is never a bad idea. and sikhs were pushed towards khalistan. yes baba bhindrawaala wanted rights not khalistan. so what did that get him? he got tanks rolled into darbar sahib. asking for just rights and not khalistan got tens of thousands of sangat shaheed.

its been 24 years, when are you going to get those rights? Sikhs have been very patient fighting for rights. the problem is sikhs don't ask for rights, they take them. sikhs didn't want khalistan, but when the gov't attacked darbar sahib and killed thousands of innocent sikhs in delhi, siksh realized they needed a home.

don't blame NRIs for khalistan. Praise them for not forgetting their shaheeds. just as Indians can't forget their martyrs, we can't forget ours.

peace.

here we go....................

I am pro Sikh State as well, but sometimes I am in doubt.....(<lengthy 360>)

... and then you make a strained rant that suggests you are anything but pro Sikh State.

so "torontosikh" please tell us what makes you "pro Sikh State" in spite of your own long argument against it?

i am not against it, that was my question. Thanks t o mann_kaum_layee_qurbaan, he just reminded off the wrongs doen to us. All i am questioning is the people who are giving up the concept and are so desparate to go back and ready to apologise infront of the Indian govt.

Again in a common belief and organization there is nothig wrong to contradict to clear your own concepts buddasingh.

Again my issue is, considering the present situation of Punjab why are we not working to get the youth out of drugs and save the farmers from debt and all other issue present in Punjab? Being pro Khalistanis shouldn't that be a part of agenda as well?

You are right. THere is nothing wrong with contradicting your own thoughts. And you are right, numerous social issues should be at the forefront. In punjab and in india and beyond (sarbat da balla). But I disagree with your suggestion that social issues in the punjab are not at the forefront. Nonetheless, I think it's safe to say that we are united in that regard.

The vast majority of the media coverage in the west on the khalistan issue is not even generated by proponents of a sikh state, but rather by those against it.

You did not answer my question about what makes you "pro-sikh" state. So I ask again.