Ardas-

vaheguru je ka khalsa vaheguru je ke fateh jee

before stating the topic sorry if anyone thinks that this is a waste of time but its a question that i think a few of us want a answer to..

how do you do ardass in the correct manner?

sensible views only please nothing daft or debateable..

an ardas is a sign of submission, humility.................a realisation that Waheguru infact is all we have and only HE has the power to fulfil our wants, needs desires...............

When you beg to waheguru with nothing but love and "nothingness" THAT is a ardas..............

what do we beg for?

everything....

nothing.....

something....

a miracle.....

sometimes we reach out because we come to a point where we have no-one or no-where to reach to.............so we beg to the "unknown"..................but little do we know we ARE the pwer itself..................we need tpo beg for realisation.................sikhi is a journey for TRUE self discovery.........an ardas is realisation that only Waheguru has the key to unlock the door to our soul..........

erm..............sorry if i confused you :BL:

bhul chuck maafi

wjkk wjkf

daas dont have much knowledge, but its all my guru ji's kirpa.

i've never heard of any perticular way or style for doing ardaas. but yes, one thing, before and when you do ardaas.... you need to have love-pyaar for guru ji.

you dont need to fold your hands together to do ardaas- bhai mati daas ji did ardaas when he was being cut into two pieces.

you dont have to stand up to do ardaas- bhai dayaala ji was boiled in hot water and he was not standing.

you dont have to have clean hands to do ardaas- baba deep singh ji's hands were soaked with blood when he did his ardaas at shri darbaar sahib.

this list goes on....

nevertheless... wat all above said sikhs had- love-pyaar towards guru ji. through out their entire life, they were in guru ji's hukam and their ardaas was listened by guru ji every time.

hope this helps...

bhul chuk maaf karni.... daas dont have any knowledge. guru ji helped me with this, so very big thank you maharaaj ji.

wjkk wjkf

before stating the topic sorry if anyone thinks that this is a waste of time but its a question that i think a few of us want a answer to..

how do you do ardass in the correct manner?

sensible views only please nothing daft or debateable..

wjkk wjkf

daas don’t have much knowledge, but its all my guru ji's kirpa.

i've never heard of any perticular way or style for doing ardaas. but yes, one thing, before and when you do ardaas.... you need to have love-pyaar for guru ji.

you dont need to fold your hands together to do ardaas- bhai mati daas ji did ardaas when he was being cut into two pieces.

you dont have to stand up to do ardaas- bhai dayaala ji was boiled in hot water and he was not standing.

you dont have to have clean hands to do ardaas- baba deep singh ji's hands were soaked with blood when he did his ardaas at shri darbaar sahib.

this list goes on....

nevertheless... wat all above said sikhs had- love-pyaar towards guru ji. through out their entire life, they were in guru ji's hukam and their ardaas was listened by guru ji every time.

hope this helps...

bhul chuk maaf karni.... daas dont have any knowledge. guru ji helped me with this, so very big thank you maharaaj ji.

wjkk wjkf

KKV using Akhalee Nihang Baba Hardeesh Singh Jee Velling Vahleh's account

You're right in what your saying, but Singh's and Singhnee'yaa's that were in a position where they couldn't do Ardhaas the way that it should be done doesn't mean that we can't - We ALL have the ability to wash our hands, stand up etc etc - its all out of Sathkaar (Respect). It's true that Vaaheguroo hears our Ardhaas IF we do Ardhaas with Ik Man Ik Chith (One Mind and One Concentration). Nowadays its so easy to just do Paat and think "I don't need to do Ardhaas" etc - I mean I do that sometimes...do Keerthan Sohilaa and think "Nah I'll leave the Ardhaas out..."

Ardhaas gives us ALOT to think about, being someone like me I just read that bit really quickly until it goes after 'Heh Nimaaneh'yaa Dheh Maan Nithaaneh'yaa Dheh Thaan Nehoteh'oh Dheh Oht Sucheh Pithaa Vaaheguroo' that’s where ALL my concentration goes because I NEED SOMETHING.... :rolleyes: and the WHOLE list kicks in...I need this...I need that...and then we end it off by saying 'Antharjamee Janeh Bin Bohlath Aap P'shaaneh'.... (Vaaheguroo knows EVERYTHING without being told through speech)...Sorry I know I just went off on one but the point am trying to make the worst disease ALL humans have is aalas (laziness) - we choose to ASK FOR EVERYTHING POSSIBLE but don't put the effort in to earn it

TRUST me I don't practice what I preach so what I just said applies FULLY to me... :rolleyes:

vjkk vjkf

as u stand with ur eyes shut, make sure ur mind is focused only on vaheguru.

imagine that our 10 beloved Gurujee's are standing right infront of u (cuz they are)

do ardas slowly if u have to.... just do it with full love and concentration...

ardas is a a gr8 way of communicating directly with urself and akaal purakh :)

and yeh, as penj above has said... dont leave out ardas everrrrrrrrr

:)

think of it as a register at school.... we get registered to get our presence recorded..... so we should do same when it comes to paat.