Pictures From Vaisakhi 2008 Around The World

Guest G.Kaur

• 3 weeks later...

no offence to anyone, but i have a serious question and alot of ppl have talked about this regarding the nagar keertan parades world wide, if we look at the costs of running these naggar keertan parades its itleast over $100 000 dollars, arn't their better ways we can invest that money on helping the sikh community rather then have parades

can't we use that money to rent out stadiums or huge halls so we can educate our community and other community's about sikhi, are history, and problems we faced in the 80's and face today regarding human rights,

can't we use that money to start finding solutions and putting solutions into effect with all the problems are community is having regarding drugs alchole gangs and so on

When i went to the parade in surrey when it came to the youth i think majority of them learned nothing much regarding sikhi, most the youth went to hang out with their friends, you had girls showing off their new suits and guys their just to look at the girls, this is why i think we need to use that money to improve our community educate are community and other community's involving sikhi.

• 2 weeks later...