Vasakhi 1699

Guest mehtab

Guest mehtab

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

saadh sangat jee, i read a story long back on a website, and surprisingly that was the only website where i saw that story.

it says that on the Vasakhi of 1699, some people had doubts as to what Amrit would do to them. Gurujee being antarjami knew what they were thinking. at that moment in the sky,a group of kites/eagles was pursuing some sparrows. the sparrows came down and happened to put their beak inside the Amrit da baata. and then in front of the huge congragation, the little sparrows tore apart and killed the kites/eagles. thus Dasam Pita said "chirriyaan naal je baaj larrawaan, taan Gobind Singh naam dharawaan" (plz forgive spelling error).

juz wanna know if any1 else heard this story??

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Guest SikhForLife

but why should we be concerned?

we shouldnt take amrit just because of that example..

the yearning should come from the inside to become like the Guru : hence we should strive to take amrit and follow Gurus teachings..

so what i am trying to say is, in my opinion, that the story shouldnt make you want to take amrit

ur craving to become like the Guru should...

PS.. i am not denouncing the story.. cuz only God knows what was true..

Warmest Waheguru Jee Ka Khalsa!!

Waremest Waheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

I agree veer..that is a very powerful example no doubt..and amrit is a gift/blessing, from which the yearning has to come from inside.

First we develop a loch for it..and then our loch is fulfilled..."Gur Poorai Kirpa Dhaari, prabh pooree loch humaree."

Anything can 'make' you take amrit..it is only something in your mind, the lucky ones who are blessed with amrit have already been chosen since the day they were born into this life. You can 'take' it due to this story, or because of pressure from parents/spouse, or because you think it's 'cool'. These are just imaginative thoughts that our mind creates because we are not able to understand the mahaan destiny we have to be blessed with amrit. Yet, once you are purified, once you give your head..life..soul..heart..trust to Guru Jee, those thoughts go away, and you realise this was your duty, your purpose in life :D

..Waheguru.. He places the loch inside of us, he fulfills the loch...Just as he is the ocean and we are the droplets, he creates the waves..the rise..fall..the energy..

Much Love...

Guest SikhForLife

yea.. but the inspiration should come from sggs/Guru and ur craving to become like the Guru and not from a story..

cuz u mite just be disappointed if ur expecting to be some super human after taking amrit

** note: i am not denouncing the power of amrit.. **