Nihung Singhs-96 Crore

I think my mum or someone told me about this when I was a kid. I cannot remember much though. Is it the bit where the world ends when they talk about that man with one eye and suddenly there is a flood.

Then there is a story linked to this about how the Guru has a secret store near some Gurdwara and how he will pull the arrows out of this rock which are stuck there and use them. The place is in India and it has frogs in the water. I remember going to that Gurdwara and being disgusted that we had to drink slimy frog water but since everyone drinks it was okay.

But I was never told about 96 crore. Its a huge number......why so many people? Whats their purpose? I find it odd cos I know for definate that the world is supposed to end when the last person believing in God stops believing in God....ie when the last Sikh alive stops being a Sikh...so are these 96 crore not one of us?

i think they like to believe in magical unseen armies and so forth so they don't have to do real work.

i mean who is going to wait for the end of kalyug? is that like any time soon?

that's like christians waiting for Jesus to return and the Jews waiting for the Messiah...

there are definitely unexplainable phenomena in this world which is beyond the scope of this human mind..but to get caught up in these kinds of bharams, stories, and so forth is opposite to anything remotely called sikhi.

what happened to the practical sikhi of guru nanak ji? why these ghost stories, rituals, etc etc...there is genocide on sudan, violence in tibet, in palestine, are these ghost armies aware of this? maybe we're supposed to get off of our big lazy behinds and do something rather than propagate this stuff...is it just a stall tactic to make sure the khalsa is held in check?

none of this is evident in guru sahib's baani, yet people are propagating these ritualistic concepts...

anyways...

peace.

i think they like to believe in magical unseen armies and so forth so they don't have to do real work.

that's like christians waiting for Jesus to return and the Jews waiting for the Messiah...

there are definitely unexplainable phenomena in this world which is beyond the scope of this human mind..but to get caught up in these kinds of bharams, stories, and so forth is opposite to anything remotely called sikhi.

what happened to the practical sikhi of guru nanak ji? why these ghost stories, rituals, etc etc...there is genocide on sudan, violence in tibet, in palestine, are these ghost armies aware of this? maybe we're supposed to get off of our big lazy behinds and do something rather than propagate this stuff...is it just a stall tactic to make sure the khalsa is held in check?

none of this is evident in guru sahib's baani, yet people are propagating these ritualistic concepts...

anyways...

peace.

Good post, i find it hard to understand the thinking of the majority of sikhs nowdays. sikhs have started to act like people who just wait for someone to come and change the world but wont try to change the world themselves.

jassa singh ji

will the 96 crore help khalsa in kaljug, or is the 96 crore khalsa themsleves who will get rid of evil?

ie are the 96 crore army a seperate entity from the Khalsa panth ?

i dont know singh ... there are few sakhis regarding them sau sakhi prachin panth parkash suraj parkash and other granths ...

one of them from suraj paarkash goes like this ... after the chamkaur gaddi jung where sahibjadas got shaheedi ... guru sahib came to malva area ... there were two brothers in here who use to do loads of seva of guru sahib ... the older one hads loads of sharda on guru sahib ... one day guru sahib asked him what he want ... he replied i want ur kirpa only ... guru sahib asked him hindustan da raj chahida ??? he said nothing and went back home ... on dinner he shared it with his family family members didnt had much sharda on guru sahibs bachan ... the younger brother said guru sahib was joking ... if they had power to give raj they would have saved atleast one of their sahibjada ... but couldnt ... they dont have power to give raj ... this singh had loads of sharda for guru sahib ... but his brothers bachans got him in shanka that yes why guru sahib didnt saved their sons ... guru sahib janni jan ... they know if their is shanka there cant be sharda and ultimately it would led this singh to be nastik ... and how come they let their sikhs who did so much seva become nastik ...

very next day when he was going for guru sahibs darshan ... he saw a kautak ... he was being followed by another teyar bar teyar singh ... but he was changing his body shape ... he grows tall then he grows small ... and withing seconds he reached to this singh ... he got afraid ... the shaheed singh came and said ... i m a shaheed singh we are sikhs of same guru lets go for darshans together ... they began walking ... and shaheed singh told him ... you had a shanka why didnt guru sahib saved his sons if they have enough power to give u raj of hindustan ... now listen ... i with my fauj was present at chamkaur sahibs gaddi ... singhs were getting shahhedi and we were witnessing it ... when sahibjada ajit singh got shaheedi we folded hands in front of guru sahib and asked for ageaya to be battle field and kill the papis ... we were doing benti again and again but guru sahib never allowed us in maidan ... guru sahib said you will also get a chance to show your hands in battle field but when right time comes ...

this sakhi comes in suraj parkash granth after chamkaur sahibs jang ...

and regarding answers i dont know ... whats all written in granths states that when even sikhs would leave sikhi only adharam would prevail ... akal purkh would use his force to put the end to this adharam ... many say akali purkh can kill all in seconds ... agreed but history says he has given equal chance to the adharam to fight ...

Mann_kaum_layee_qurban & Saint Soldier,

It's not about waiting for a magic army to come and help us, as you say, WE should be trying to do good/ fight evil ourselves right now - we are the Khalsa after all. However, Guru sahib has told us how Kaljug will end and the huge battles that will take place between good and evil. Please read the link at the end of my post.

Rimmel:

That story about floods isn't from Gurbani and doesn't fit in with what Guru Ji has told us of the future. Check this out:

http://www.sridasam.org/dasam?Action=Page&p=1136&english=t&id=110473

(the translation is not all that but you'll get the idea)

anyways...

peace.

Good post, i find it hard to understand the thinking of the majority of sikhs nowdays. sikhs have started to act like people who just wait for someone to come and change the world but wont try to change the world themselves.

we should try to change the world ourselfs,

how can u say Shaheed Singhs are ghosts.

jassa singh ji

will the 96 crore help khalsa in kaljug, or is the 96 crore khalsa themsleves who will get rid of evil?

ie are the 96 crore army a seperate entity from the Khalsa panth ?

i dont know singh ... there are few sakhis regarding them sau sakhi prachin panth parkash suraj parkash and other granths ...

one of them from suraj paarkash goes like this ... after the chamkaur gaddi jung where sahibjadas got shaheedi ... guru sahib came to malva area ... there were two brothers in here who use to do loads of seva of guru sahib ... the older one hads loads of sharda on guru sahib ... one day guru sahib asked him what he want ... he replied i want ur kirpa only ... guru sahib asked him hindustan da raj chahida ??? he said nothing and went back home ... on dinner he shared it with his family family members didnt had much sharda on guru sahibs bachan ... the younger brother said guru sahib was joking ... if they had power to give raj they would have saved atleast one of their sahibjada ... but couldnt ... they dont have power to give raj ... this singh had loads of sharda for guru sahib ... but his brothers bachans got him in shanka that yes why guru sahib didnt saved their sons ... guru sahib janni jan ... they know if their is shanka there cant be sharda and ultimately it would led this singh to be nastik ... and how come they let their sikhs who did so much seva become nastik ...

very next day when he was going for guru sahibs darshan ... he saw a kautak ... he was being followed by another teyar bar teyar singh ... but he was changing his body shape ... he grows tall then he grows small ... and withing seconds he reached to this singh ... he got afraid ... the shaheed singh came and said ... i m a shaheed singh we are sikhs of same guru lets go for darshans together ... they began walking ... and shaheed singh told him ... you had a shanka why didnt guru sahib saved his sons if they have enough power to give u raj of hindustan ... now listen ... i with my fauj was present at chamkaur sahibs gaddi ... singhs were getting shahhedi and we were witnessing it ... when sahibjada ajit singh got shaheedi we folded hands in front of guru sahib and asked for ageaya to be battle field and kill the papis ... we were doing benti again and again but guru sahib never allowed us in maidan ... guru sahib said you will also get a chance to show your hands in battle field but when right time comes ...

this sakhi comes in suraj parkash granth after chamkaur sahibs jang ...

and regarding answers i dont know ... whats all written in granths states that when even sikhs would leave sikhi only adharam would prevail ... akal purkh would use his force to put the end to this adharam ... many say akali purkh can kill all in seconds ... agreed but history says he has given equal chance to the adharam to fight ...

think his name was dal singh

wicked post by the way :y: