Accompanying Invitation Ideas

jii

Has anyone noticed that when someone gives a wedding card now days, or even an invite for a newly born child that the normal packet of sugar has been substituted for something new and modern like a packet of quality sweets all wrapped up nice.

I was wondering if the sangat could provide me with some ideas to accompany an invite. Perhaps something like a packet with about 3 laddo and miniature size champagne bottle or something like that.

Also if anyone knows where I can get some printed labels to write someone’s name on, in London please let me know.

I personally believe that the punjabi community is obsessed with $$$, and that is what is driving the massive and ridiculously pompous wedding show and glare. Not to forget people trying to drive money into every single superstitious or ridiculously obstentatious show that can be put on. Keep it simple, give them a receipt for a donation to charity put in their name. That's a true invitation.

Guest peacemaker
I was wondering if the sangat could provide me with some ideas to accompany an invite. Perhaps something like a packet with about 3 laddo and miniature size champagne bottle or something like that.

Gurbani

I personally believe that the punjabi community is obsessed with $$$, and that is what is driving the massive and ridiculously pompous wedding show and glare. Not to forget people trying to drive money into every single superstitious or ridiculously obstentatious show that can be put on. Keep it simple, give them a receipt for a donation to charity put in their name. That's a true invitation.

thats a true blessing, thats a really nice idea.

instead of the generic wedding card, worrying about what gifts to give etc, why not just make it more personal?

If you've got a decent camera and Nero/other software, record a personal message and burn it onto a DVD (bulk buy, they're cheaper that way). Send it out. Because each message will be something like "Sat Sri Akal Mama Ji..." or something they'll know that one message was recorded just for them.

No need for the pakhand of sending a gift just because it's tradition!

Also, anyone notice right at the end when bride n' groom are sitting down and everyone lines up and gives them blessing + some cash? Notice how the camera fixes on the note so everyone can see how much was given and by whom? When did we become so materialistic?!