Distractions & Av

*gupt-kaur*

vjkk vjkf

have u guys ever wondered what our life without MAYA would be like........................

just think........................... (it would be just GR8.... just u and VAHEGURU)

NO TV

NO COMPUTER

NO LAPTOPS

NOTHING ELECTRICAL

NO MOBILE

NO FAMILY

NO MASS AMOUNT OF CASH

NO GAME CONSOLS

ETC ETC

then think.,,,........................ A REASON WHY SOMEEE DONT GET UP AT AMRITVELA.... is cuz of maya!!

imagine a day, where u go to work/school/college, and come home...and thats it.... ur house is empty........... no one is there = no distraction......................

then tell me......... will u wake up at AV? thats a YES...because?................theres no distractions!!!

maya + us = DISTRACTION FROM AKAAL PURAKH.

so think...... SOME may not get up at AV, cuz we are tooo attached to maya....

my point................. use maya less.....sleep early...do ardas and get up!!!!!!

pleaseee discusss if u wana make somek clear

thnx :D

pRwxI qUM AwieAw lwhw lYix ]

praanee thoo(n) aaeiaa laahaa lain ||

O mortal, you came here to earn a profit.

lgw ikqu kuPkVy sB mukdI clI rYix ]1] rhwau ]

lagaa kith kufakarrae sabh mukadhee chalee rain ||1|| rehaao ||

What useless activities are you attached to? Your life-night is coming to its end. ||1||Pause||

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the point is to be able to connect with Akaal Purkh despite these "distractions"

I see your point, but I'm not sure if what you've written is any different than going to the woods and being a hermit or being like sanyaasis or what not......... The only difference if you've banished the rest of them from your home instead of banishing yourself from your home. kinda seems like two sides of the same coin?

The only difference if you've banished the rest of them from your home instead of banishing yourself from your home. kinda seems like two sides of the same coin?

Banish them from the home of the body and mind, then you'll be sorted.

Re Man Aiso Kar Sanniyasa: Ban Se Sadan Sabhai Kar Sanjho, Man Hee Maahe Udaasa (rahao)

Guest peacemaker

It means...

O mind ! the asceticism (practicing strict self-denial as a measure of personal and especially spiritual discipline) be practised in this way

Consider your house as the forest and remain unattached within yourself.....

?????? ???????? ?? ?

RaamkaliPaat(i)shaaji10||

RAMKALI OF THE TENTH KING

Line 1

?? ?? ??? ??? ??????? ?

Re man aiso kar(i) sanniaasaa||

O mind ! the asceticism be practised in this way :

Line 2

?? ?? ??? ??? ??? ????? ?? ?? ???? ????? ??? ???? ?

Ban se sadan sabhai kar(i) samjhoh man himaah(i) udaasaa||aa|| Rahaao||

Consider your house as the forest and remain unattached within yourself…..Pause.

and gupt kaur, i disagree

maya is to be used, not ditched and ignored

as sikhs, we are not physical sanniyasis, but aatmic sanniyasis

part of the whole idea of grehsti and whatnot

use maya, but remain unattached