How Can I Learm How To Tie Dummala?

N30S1NGH

Fateh brothers/sisters,

I like to learn how to tie reasonable size dummala(not that big or small) and dastar style worn by taksali singhs? Not that i want to be wanna be nihang or taksali..its more to do with firmness/solidness how its worn.

Any suggestions? Video tutorials?? What kinda dastar material should be used?

Please help this banda here..

Thanks much in advance

soft mal mal for both keski and dumalla, i use f74, but there are different types, if u want it small, get superfine f74, its wikid, allows u to have control over the lars and if you take care in tying it the creases look excellent.

i think the best and easiest two videos for dumalla tying are

http://www.matabhaagkaur.org/HowToTieaDastaar_0002-1.wmv

and

http://web3.sikhnet.com/turbantying/flash/...umalla%203.html

what you do is take pointers from both of these vids, about how they make each fold, though I would say method wise go for the first video mostly,but for the looks u can use 2nd vid.

if u need more help tell me, i want to be able to help anyone who wants to tie a dumalla, remembering back to the very hard time i had. It took my about 2 years to work it out (b4 the vids came out nd helped)!

well best thing really is to experiment with different lenghts until you get the size and shape you want. The bare minimum is the keski should go around the head roughly 3 times and the dumalla 5 times. However most people have the dumalla go around many more times. Two wraps go around the two ears to make a triangle shape and then one wrap over the forhead to close the triangle, then after that just round and round, personally i do this 3 times.

I wanted to ask that ive seen many people have a khanda dumala shastar in their dastar however as well as it being used as a shastar does the khanda dumala shastar have any significance like what does it mean or represent or hows it symbolic or sometin

WAHEGURU JEE KAA KHAALSA WAHEGURU JEE KEE FATEH

In my personal opinion,go with Full Vail dastaar material,it's the best.Wash it a couple times,use fabric softner,then you will be able to tie a nice comfortable dastaar. I have some of that F-74 material,and it is way too soft for my liking.The laars just didn't come out right,and if you want to tie a decent size dumalla,then the F-74 material won't do the job,in my opinion,it my be good for small dumalla's I don't know though.

Also Rubia material is good,but there is some material called Terry Rubia which is too silky,it can slip off your head too easily.

As for size,for my dumalla I use a joora wala keski that is about 10-12 feet,then another keski that is about 20 feet,7 laars then the actual dumalla is about 30 feet (8 metres),and I get 10 laars.

Hope that was of some help??

WAHEGURU JEE KAA KHAALSA WAHEGURU JEE KEE FATEH