Pcos/despression

Guest PCOS*PEE OFF*

Guest __Singhni__

I have to agree with tarrandeep kaur. Laser treatment doesn't always work. Your hair can still grow back again. The reason why sikhs are tested like this is because God does not care about beauty and ugliness. To the original poster, if you want to take amrit, you have to give your head to God, so you can't do what your mind wants, or care about what society thinks. You are only living to please God only. Say if you do get your hair removed, you take amrit, but what if it GROWS BACK AGAIN. You were never mentally prepared before, and now that your facial hair has grown again, what are you going to do?? Remove it?? Sikhi isn't a joke, If you want to take amrit, don't do it because of others but do it for Guru sahib. Don't make amrit look so cheap.

This is goin to be a long post so bear with it:

To the Topic starter:

I myself have been diagnose to have PCOS and I understand what you are going through.

I hope the following below which have been done by me will kinda help you in some sense..

The main thing to control your hormonal imbalance is to first: loose weight. In most cases after loosing weight you will see a great improvement in your menstrual cycle and etc... However a PCOS patient will find it difficult to loose weight.

1) when you have PCOS; weight lost will be a pain.. It is easy to gain weight but hard to loose it. What so you do?

a) Exercise.. do loads of cardio

b) Control food intake.. Exercise alone would not help in your condition. You will have to watch what you eat..

You will definately start seeing results after a month. Do not expect to loose 10kg.. It will be somewhere around 1-2kg. It will be a slow process but by 3 months you will definately see the results.. Im speaking thru experience. Remember this has to be an ongoing process. Do not stop exercising as once you do, you will just bloat up faster then it took you to loose weight.

2) Excesssive hair

- This is a normal problem with ppl who have PCOS. And by removing it via laser and etc etc will not help. You will definately see hair growing back again as your hormones level in your body is not balance. You have to get rid of the root of the problem first. To do that you either have to go on hormon theraphy or as mentioned above .. exercise..

- I have massive facial hair and hair on my legs.. arms.. chest... And when I say massive.. it is really massive.. It use to be really a pain once upon a time.. IT has came to me many times to get it removed but I just couldnt get it done. At my age where Rishtey starts coming in.. I have got amritdhari guys who actually come and tell me on my face to get my facial hair removed before they even give a thought of marrying me.. What do I do you may ask? Simple.. Keep upmost bharosa on Waheguruji.. Dont give up hope. Dont loose your faith. I am not merely saying this. I am going through it everyday. Ppl might talk. Ppl might taunt and bully you. But it will stop eventually when you do not react and do not care about it. How long can they talk and taunt u about your hair?

Anyway to the topic starter.. leave your mail add here and I will contact you. We might be able to support each other..

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karni..

WJKK WJKF

I respect you and everythink, but im sorry you cannot post something like this on a SIKH forum. When sikhi clearly forbids removal of the hair. Its nice that you;ve taken your time to reply to the original poster but please use gurmat principles to help her. She seems pretty down, even though shes havin the laser treatment. Which suggests...she nees to follow another route.....

2 things:

1. you are not the supreme authority of what's forbidden and whats not

2. Sikhi isn't black and white, as you seem to assume a lot of times

wjkk wjkf

:umm: erm, and ur not so supreme urself. all she said was the truth.... and duhh cutting/removing kes is strictly forbidden!

Way to ignore my 2nd point :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: here goes: NO sikhi isnt black n white....but stop judging ppl! u sed that someone 'assumes' alot of things? well as far as i knw, and as far as ive been reading threads over the past.... if the word 'gurmat' is mentioned u guys flip!! and y? does the truth hurt :p :rolleyes:

Guest Guest
here goes: NO sikhi isnt black n white....but stop judging ppl! u sed that someone 'assumes' alot of things? well as far as i knw, and as far as ive been reading threads over the past.... if the word 'gurmat' is mentioned u guys flip!! and y? does the truth hurt
Did i ever say, she should get her hair removed? :rolleyes:

I don't know why I even bother.... *sigh*

Guest peacemaker
I have got amritdhari guys who actually come and tell me on my face to get my facial hair removed before they even give a thought of marrying me.. What do I do you may ask?

That's sooooooooooo mean!!!!!!!!! :o I am so happy you stay strong and are an inspiration, not just to people with "PCOS", but to humanity! :)

Guest _Singh_
I have got amritdhari guys who actually come and tell me on my face to get my facial hair removed before they even give a thought of marrying me.. What do I do you may ask?

That's sooooooooooo mean!!!!!!!!! :o I am so happy you stay strong and are an inspiration, not just to people with "PCOS", but to humanity! :)

I Second that......some people can be so small minded :@

ANYWAY to the original poster i think your diet is a big issue which makes ur hair problem worse.....got to a dietician who can make up a PERSONAL plan suited to YOUR life style and then one day you will look back at this period in your life and laugh :)

Guest _PCOS_

WJKK WJKF..

Its me again.. To the topic starter I hope you are hanging in there..

Just a reminder when you are diagnosed to have PCOS, u will tend to have different moods all the time.. You might feel like crying at one moment, or u might start getting angry with another person without no apparent reason.. Its all caused by the hormones that are really imbalance in your body and remember its not your FAULT.. I have had the same problem and do have it at times.. I suffered a lot with it.. Everytime when you think you are loosing control over your anger or your mood.. just take deep breaths in and with every breath say WAHEGURU.. keep doing it and it will help to sooth urself..

Secondly, I know how hard it is to keep going on with life especially when ppl look at you liek you are some sort of a weirdo who has hair all over.. (i know have had those stares everytime i walk in a room) .. But just remember this :) uve a sis here who has gone thru it .. I use to have such low confidence in myself and alwiz wonder wht ppl think of me when i walk into a class/room.. But now with Guruji's kirpa I do not care.. And if you think that you cant go far in life with being labelled a weirdo.. well im a living example that you can follow guruji's path and yet get a super paying job in a super cool company (im not trying to brag here but im just showing that you dont have to do things to fit in just to get accepted by people).. yeah well im still having problem getting guys to marry me :) but I have upmost faith in Waheguru.. He will eventually do the right things for me..

So phenji.. hang in there.. have bharosa.. Turn to guruji (im speakign thru experience) do what ive told you to do in the first post.. You will see the outcome.. Again if you need someone to speak to .. either register urself to this forum and I will get in touch with you via PM .. or just leave ur email add here and I will email you .. :)

Wjkk WJKF

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anonkaur

Fateh ji

To the original poster...

bhenji, I have PCOS too and my symptoms started in exactly the same way so I totally understand how you feel. Thankfully though, my symptoms are slowly slowly reversing. I would strongly suggest asking your doctor to get you on dianette. It's like the pill but really helps with the hair. mine decreased dramatically and the hair on my scalp is also nearly back to normal. Also, you might be able to take cyproterone acetate. It's the main active ingredient in dianette so it just speeds things up. It will take about a yr until you see proper effects. These drugs will also make your monthly cycle less heavy and in general less painful. It also means you can skip a month if you've got exams etc or are going abroad. I used to be in bed 3 days at a time throwing up so the pill really is a miracle. It clears up bad skin as well. You will need to get your blood pressure regularly checked though.

I'm amritdhari and it is really hard when your confidence is low. With the hair, it seems to naturally become thinner and shorter. I've not noticed it falling out as such but i had proper sideburns before. I still have a few hairs but that is to be expected if you're not gonna remove them. Sounds bad, but the trick is just to not spend too long looking in the mirror. Avoid it until the hormonal changes kick in and the symptoms go.

Weight is HAAAARD. no matter what you do, how little you eat, nothing happens. I've looked into low GI recently. There's no solid evidence but at least if it doesn't work, it just gets you eating wholegrains etc so still good. My endocrinologist just keeps emphasisng that its about energy - how much u put in and how much u burn off.

One last word of advice, don't broadcast it to the world taht you have PCOS espeically when it comes to marriage. Try and keep it hush hush. that way you can tell the guy yourself rather then people telling other people things they don't understand themselves! other people just aren't understanding unfortunately.

Hope all that helped.

Guest _Kaur_

anonkaur,

You shouldn't tell the topic starter to take dianette. I haven't taken it but I know it gives A LOT of side effects. This is also used for birth control so you can see other side effects that it causes. It may not cause them while you're on the pills but after coming off it, you may begin to experience serious side effects that can ruin your life. Plus your hair may grow excessively again, so it doesn't really help. The reason why you also find the weight hard is because dianette also makes people gain more weight. If the topic starter wants to prevent any other hair growing, they should take spearmint tea which helps stops female excessive hair growth. :-)