Weightlifter, Olympic, Powerlifter, Personal Fitness Instructor

mskcan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

mskcan,

This is amazing seva - I can't wait to hear the advice you are about to give - I have been weight training for some time but am looking to get into power lifting now. So let me know how do I get started in weight lifting/ power lifting ?

I am 28 and half, and not as skinny as people think (they are jealous that I am slim and lean <_< ).

omg your that old!

:umm:

HAHAHAHAHA...aaho bhainay...hor tusi ki socheya? Mehtab gabroo jwaan aa? Hunn sirf jwaan aa...gabroo'puna asi tyaagta :LOLz:

hahaha i dunno, i fort u wer like 19,20 or summit. lol oh wel, learn summit new everyday. :kaur:

mskcan,

This is amazing seva - I can't wait to hear the advice you are about to give - I have been weight training for some time but am looking to get into power lifting now. So let me know how do I get started in weight lifting/ power lifting ?

That is great to hear.

My friend is the Canadian Junior Weightlifting Champion a few years back, so I have some background in Olympic lifting (as I also did so myself), and I have some Powerlifting experience and know of some of the research in regards to this area as well. In terms of bodybuilding/weight lifting I do not prescribe in the sense of natural (based on the latest scientific research) trainers for long term health and self discipline and positive lifestyle.

Let me know more about what you would like to do.

Gurfateh

~ Research News 2 ~ Why this may be the most important thread you subscribe to...

It appears that virtually all countries are experiencing the "obesity epidemic". Europeans, particularly the Danes are increasing in the prevalence of obesity at a rate equal to the US. Dr. Heitmann of the Copenhagen County Center for Preventive Medicine in Denmark conducted a ten year analysis of the development of obesity among adult Danes. Overweight classification was determined by body mass index (BMI) and after adjustment for differences in age and education, the proportion of severely overweight men was found to be greater in 1992 compared to 1982.

In women the proportion of severe overweight most dramatically increased among the 30y olds and this alarming increase in obesity in the Danish population is in line with the general international increase. The increase in the proportion of adult Danes with a BMI > or = 30 kg/m2 corresponds to an estimated extra 75,000 severely overweight 30-60y olds.

Ten-year trends in overweight and obesity among Danish men and women aged 30-60 years. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 2000 Oct;24(10):1347-52

Summary:

* Obesity is becoming prevalent in more and more countries

* People as young as 30 are susceptible to this

* The result: pre-diabetes, pre-heart disease, pre-hypertension, shorter life, more illness, less happiness, more disease, more perceived suffering, less spirituality

Wake up people, time to take charge of your life now. Get that ego (Edging God Out), those conditioned thought processes out of your minds.

Begin to live an Inspired, Spiritual, Healthy life and be the peace that you want to be, be the health that you want others to have, be the inspiration for yourself and those you love.

Gurfateh

Guest SatwantBeantKehar
mskcan,

That is great to hear.

My friend is the Canadian Junior Weightlifting Champion a few years back, so I have some background in Olympic lifting (as I also did so myself), and I have some Powerlifting experience and know of some of the research in regards to this area as well. In terms of bodybuilding/weight lifting I do not prescribe in the sense of natural (based on the latest scientific research) trainers for long term health and self discipline and positive lifestyle.

Let me know more about what you would like to do.

Gurfateh

Tell me whatever program you think will help me gain around 10-15 lbs of lean muscle and cut my body fat from 26% - present to 12-13 %. I am 187 lbs now. My primary source of protiens is protien shakes (morning and evening ) and egg whites (I dont eat meat

due to compassion towards animals).

To all sangat - being fit and strong was Guru Hargobind's Hukam - So in that regard it is as important as keeping kesh or taking Amrit as they are all Guru's Hukam too.

Tell me whatever program you think will help me gain around 10-15 lbs of lean muscle and cut my body fat from 26% - present to 12-13 %. I am 187 lbs now. My primary source of protiens is protien shakes (morning and evening ) and egg whites (I dont eat meat

due to compassion towards animals).

To all sangat - being fit and strong was Guru Hargobind's Hukam - So in that regard it is as important as keeping kesh or taking Amrit as they are all Guru's Hukam too.

What is your current program, considering your fascilities and whatever is available unto you it is probably best to work within that and just modify it towards evidence based prescription towards your goal.

Gaining 10-15lbs of muscle naturally is likely to take the whole part of a year or more, depending on how long you have been training.

The other factor bf%, can only be reduced by strategic calorie restriction and food/supplement intake with Cardio.

I have mentioned to several individuals that Milk protein is the most biologically valuable, viable, and available protein for the human body. It is the most potent source of protein so, considering you are taking shakes already what do you take, how much, and what brand.

Being fit and strong is hard, being fit and strong naturally is harder. However, recent scientific studies and an expansion of research in this field has revealed that specific training and supplements can help people achieve great physical health, enhanced immunity, longevity and of course fitness and strength. So long as the ego is kept in checked, indeed people should aspire to be fit and strong.

Will wait for responses to the above,

Regards

Bumping this thread to replace the arguments on the other thread.

Demographic data indicate that the populations

of most western nations are growing older. In the

US, for example, it has been estimated that the demonumber

of people considered to be aged (>60 years

old) will more than double between the years of

1990 and 2030.[1] By the year 2050, the average life

expectancy of Americans will climb to 84.3 and

79.7 years for women and men, respectively.[2] Con-

comitant with this ‘greying’ of western societies is

growing healthcare costs. Indeed, in the US it is

expected that government expenditures for health-

care among the aged will increase 6-fold by the year

2040.[3] Similarly, rapid increments in healthcare pacosts

have also been reported in the UK.[4]

Sarcopenia = Age Related loss of muscle

last I checked none of us are getting any younger.

Get those muscles moving like Nature Intended.

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

mskcan,

Sorry for late reply , my workout consists of bench press , squats , pull ups and bicep & tricep exercises. I train every body part once a week. However I'd want to hasten my results - let me know how to accomplish it.

BTW thanks for the sewa.