Disrespect Of Gurbani By Leicester Sikhs

Guest fordcapri

Yes and what bout non religious places in india being named after Gurus sahibs in india, before i used to think it was collges named after them, but ive sceen shops factories all sorts.

randomly picking on one thing wont achieve anything a general message needs to be put across.

Personaly ive sceen alot worse going than this in leicester.

This is a growing trend....Sikh Symbols and Gurbani is being disrespected (sometimes unintentionally) and commercialized for profit. Last year at the Nagar Kirtan in Surrey there were alot of instances of this sort of thing, including ICICI Bank volunteers (kids) handing out little pocket calenders (just a single smail card) with Ik Onkar Satnaam & a picture of Sri Darbar Sahib and they were laying everywhere all over the roads and in the trash cans and the only thing that came to my mind was Giani Thakur Singh Ji katha were he talks about how Sikhs these days don't know where and when not to write Bani. (I think Giani Ji used an example of a calender with Sukhmani on it that was laying behind a fridge). I spoke up and told the volunteers to give me all of the remaining calenders, they only had a little left since I only noticed this at the end of the route but people around me were giving me dirtly looks and saying that I was over reacting ect.....I wouldn't of been able to sleep if I didn't do anything... Man Sikhs these days.... <_<

This is a growing trend....Sikh Symbols and Gurbani is being disrespected (sometimes unintentionally) and commercialized for profit. Last year at the Nagar Kirtan in Surrey there were alot of instances of this sort of thing, including ICICI Bank volunteers (kids) handing out little pocket calenders (just a single smail card) with Ik Onkar Satnaam & a picture of Sri Darbar Sahib and they were laying everywhere all over the roads and in the trash cans and the only thing that came to my mind was Giani Thakur Singh Ji katha were he talks about how Sikhs these days don't know where and when not to write Bani. (I think Giani Ji used an example of a calender with Sukhmani on it that was laying behind a fridge). I spoke up and told the volunteers to give me all of the remaining calenders, they only had a little left since I only noticed this at the end of the route but people around me were giving me dirtly looks and saying that I was over reacting ect.....I wouldn't of been able to sleep if I didn't do anything... Man Sikhs these days.... <_<

Solutions to this problem is if everybody listen to Giani Thakur Singh Ji's katha. We should make copies and pass to our friends and family :united

Guest peacemaker
My dear undercover Beadbi squad frontline brothers, why not get a ladder and remove the Gurbani if it hurts you that much? Or is this just an excuse to populate your blog.

You seem really bored with this or maybe you just don't care enough to make a remark like that. Please don't just tell him to get a ladder and remove it, but rather, tell all the Sikhs on this entire planet to remove any gurbani "signs" in public places that are not being treated with the utmost respect.

It should hurt all of us as a whole Panth, not as individuals. One Sikh Nation forever!

Im just wondering why the every Sikh in the City concerned are liable for this disrespect?

I no the Khanda is not gurbani, but wil you take them on the Nishan Sahibs aswell, because of the fear of disrespect? Im just wondering what you think? What about gurbani which was on guru jees sheilds, swords and armour, would this also be disrespect since blood and swords would have been slashed against it?

Just sending these questions, maybe someone can help me understand.

Same old, same old. There’s no great revelation here. Well all got big ideas, listen to kathas, but how many really feel the pain and practically commit to changing anything. Sikh symbols and Gurbani is abused in some format every single day and in all instances by Sikhs themselves. So some of us notice one particular case, make a headline out of it and then we will conveniently forget about it. With Vasakhi round the corner and national nagar kirtans taking place, get ready to see Gurbani trampled on in the form of flyers and leaflets and Nishans Sahibs aggressively waved to the beat of the bhangra music. I bet loads of people watch it, film it, put it on their beadbi blog and then continuously watch it as a form of shock entertainment. And of course we got Giani Thakur Singh Ji’s kathas to listen to, but still unable to challenge our own family members when they print Gurbani on the Wedding/Champagne reception invitations.