Speaking Punjabi On Forums

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh khaalsaa jeeo!

Please dont take any of this to offence, but as we all know, there are many people on this forum who do not speak punjabi, and sometimes those who can speak punjabi may be answering a question that the non punjabi speaking person has asked, in my opinion the answer should be given in english, because they wont understand it, then they might feel embarassed to ask what they said because they do not speak punjabi and there question remains unanswered... :S So i'm just saying that all questions on here would be best answered in english just for the understanding of those who cannot speak punjabi... some people are into sikhi but only beginners and they might sound like they know their stuff but they might not know words which are sikhi related. I hope I havent confused you already khaalsaa jee...

Basically what I'm saying is...

Try answering the questions in english

Any sikhi related words that are used try and give the meaning to that word OR alternatively, if possible, can admin include a sikh dictionary in this forum if possible or put a link on here to sikhiwiki (i'm not sure how reliable sikhiwiki is cuz i havent used it personally - just know about it kinda thing)

I've seen this happen with some people that I know on this forum and its quite upsetting to see them not know the answer after asking a question...

I really hope i havent offended anybody, bhul chuk maaf karnaa khaalsaa jeeo... PLEASE tell me what you think...am I right or am I wrong? :S

vaaheguroo jee kaa khaalsaa, vaaheguroo jee kee fateh khaalsaa jeeo

Guest peacemaker

I agree. That's why I usually only type in English on any forums. So everyone can understand and no one is left out.

hanji tussi bilkul theek keh rahey ho

mai tuhade naal bilkul sehmat haan

And to show I'm not afraid to ask or feel embarrassed, I will ask if you could please explain what you just typed in English, Sir! Thanks!

Guest peacemaker
Ja nahi dasda

Ahem *Raises voice one octave higher* Please explain what that means and what the previous post means, too, IN ENGLISH! I beg you! Thank you very much!

hanji tussi bilkul theek keh rahey ho

mai tuhade naal bilkul sehmat haan

haan = yes

ji = respectful title

tussi = you (respectfully)

bilkul = exactly

theek = correct

keh = say/saying

rahey = to live

ho = are

hanji tussi bilkul theek keh rahey ho = yes title you exactly correct saying to live are

mai = I

tuhade = your/yours

naal = with

bilkul = exactly

sehmat = agree with

haan = am

mai tuhade naal bilkul sehmat haan = I your with exactly agree with am

Ja nahi dasda

ja = go

nahi = no

dasda = man says

ja nahi dasda = go no man says