Search Gurbani Desktop Version

I'm running a macbook pro with 2 gigs of ram, 2.6 intel core 2 duo processor, and the program did not work for me. I was able to open up the application and see stuff, but was not able to get any search results. BTW, I'm almost certain that all Macs now sold have minimum of 1 gig, so you shouldn't have any problems with ram there. I'm certain that I have the Java SE 1.6, because I downloaded the update a couple of weeks ago for it. I wasn't able to get anything to really work, dictionary, hukamnama, banis, slideshow, and search gave me nothing. I was able to get the gurmukhi keyboard to work, but that seemed cluttered, and I was confused because it was all out of order, i.e., not in alphabetical order. Hope your programmer can sort out my problems.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm running a macbook pro with 2 gigs of ram, 2.6 intel core 2 duo processor, and the program did not work for me. I was able to open up the application and see stuff, but was not able to get any search results. BTW, I'm almost certain that all Macs now sold have minimum of 1 gig, so you shouldn't have any problems with ram there. I'm certain that I have the Java SE 1.6, because I downloaded the update a couple of weeks ago for it. I wasn't able to get anything to really work, dictionary, hukamnama, banis, slideshow, and search gave me nothing. I was able to get the gurmukhi keyboard to work, but that seemed cluttered, and I was confused because it was all out of order, i.e., not in alphabetical order. Hope your programmer can sort out my problems.

Thanks for the input, i will check with database connection issuesin MAC.

After the application GUI opens, in the status bar in bottom it says connecting to database, we need to wait till database connection is made before send queries,it could take upto 60-90 seconds i am hoping this is the issue.Once the db connection is made, db tables reside in memory thus application is very quick.

if you are not seeing any text under scripture tab, it means database connection not made.

we are working on connectiion and performance optimisation.

once again thank you

Rabb Rakha

Maninder Gujral MD :) ))))

After the application GUI opens, in the status bar in bottom it says connecting to database, we need to wait till database connection is made before send queries,it could take upto 60-90 seconds i am hoping this is the issue.Once the db connection is made, db tables reside in memory thus application is very quick.

if you are not seeing any text under scripture tab, it means database connection not made.

once again thank you

Rabb Rakha

I am having similar problems but it is connecting to database as it says connection established. duno wa the prob cud be.

ks :o

once again thank you

Rabb Rakha

I am having similar problems but it is connecting to database as it says connection established. duno wa the prob cud be.

ks :o

Ks could you please send me an image of screen with error message

what does it says in message

That would be very helpfull

Rabb Rakha

Maninder Gujral MD

• 2 weeks later...

Is windows based version available????

It give me this msg when i try to download

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the Search Gurbani home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

You will be redirected to home page in 10 seconds if not please click on the link

We strive to make your visit to SearchGurbani.Com a pleasant and memorable one

Guru Fateh

SearchGurbani.Com Team

• 2 months later...
Is windows based version available????

It give me this msg when i try to download

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Open the Search Gurbani home page, and then look for links to the information you want.

You will be redirected to home page in 10 seconds if not please click on the link

We strive to make your visit to SearchGurbani.Com a pleasant and memorable one

Guru Fateh

SearchGurbani.Com Team

Please check out beta version of Search Gurbani Desktop Version .

Please download from www.searchgurbani.com

Works well in Windows, still having issues with database connection in Mac

Hukumnama section doesnot work yet, we are working the bugs out.

Please send your valuable suggestions

Guru fateh

Maninder Gujral MD

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Gateway to Sikhism proudly announces the SearchGurbaniDesktop Version , which will be free & cross-platform desktop program, designed to archive, search & display the Sikh scriptures, based on contents from SearchGurbani.com

I was wondering how this is going? Anybody tried it out yet?

I am specifically interested to know if somebody has tried this on Linux (Ubuntu preferably) and was able to use with an overhead projector.

Thanks.