I'm Not Sleeping

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ke fateh.

This might sound so silly but I'm not quite sure what's wrong with me at the moment. I'm not sleeping at night, I keep staying up so late which is building masses of stress and anxiety. I'm getting about 4 hours sleep each night and I have to work full time. Like tonight I'm really stressed I was ready for bed at half 9 but then I came downstairs n ended up eating chocolate and cookies etc. I have an eating disorder n I know when i'm tired I should sleep because it affects me in such a bad way when i eat bad things. For the past two hours I have just been reading posts and listening to Kirtan, when I should have been sleeping. I'm so messed up at the minute, every day is as bad as the next. I dont really know what you can do to help me either. I feel awful, I desperately need guru ji's help I just hope I can survive with another day of barely no sleep n that I can get up in time to do part before work.

:-(

i used to have same problem. even with proper sleep hygiene (google search it for advice) and exercise etc i had problems. Gyani thakur singh ji told me to do jaap of a particular shabad that hleps with sleep.

recite it 11x minimum. After it’s memorised recite it until asleep.

Sleep Shabad on Pannaa 807

iblwvlu mhlw 5 ]

Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:

rogu gieAw pRiB Awip gvwieAw ]

The disease is gone; God Himself took it away.

nId peI suK shj Gru AwieAw ]1] rhwau ]

I sleep in peace; peaceful poise has come to my home. ||1||Pause||

rij rij Bojnu Kwvhu myry BweI ]

Eat to your fill, O my Siblings of Destiny.

AMimRq nwmu ird mwih iDAweI ]1]

Meditate on the Ambrosial Naam, the Name of the Lord, within your heart. ||1||

nwnk gur pUry srnweI ]

Nanak has entered the Sanctuary of the Perfect Guru,

ijin Apny nwm kI pYj rKweI ]2]8]26]

who has preserved the honor of His Name. ||2||8||26||

This cured my insomnia that had lasted for several years, even after visiting medical speciallists. like all medication, it may take some time (seveeral days) to work. be patient

Guest Guest

Hi everyone ... I got home, ate loads and didnt go to sleep. Thanks for posting that shabad sunsingh, I need to find the roman version, havent found it yet.

Guest Guest

Gurfateh ji...

I'm driving myself crazy - my mind is not at peace it keeps worrying about things like finding a job, finding a suitable husband. Truth is I do feel lonely and feel like I need someone to talk to. It's ridiculous and I need it to stop. I've spent all evening on the net because I just didnt know what to do with myself although there was probably stuff I could have done and places I could have gone, like the gurdwara, but I made the excuse that it was too late. I just cant wait till Saturday, i should get one night of peace at Cross Road Kirtan. It only happens once a month and those are the days I live for. I must sound like a nutcase, I feel like mad. Really I know that I need to serve guru ji and that he is the one that will help me find a new job and stuff, but I'm doing a terrible job of it right now. I know whats best for me but I feel like something is stopping me. It's awful.I must go right now, switch my computer off and do kirtan sohila and ardaas... I cant let myself be pulled away from guru ji.

Goodnight ji.