Donate Stem Cells?

stem cells  

16 members have voted

1. 1. would u donate your stem cells?

• yes
    • maybe
    • noo way

"Stem cells are the building blocks of blood. By donating stem cells from bone marrow or from circulating blood, you can be someone's "one match" for a second chance at life."

https://www.blood.ca/CentreApps/Internet/UW...t&CloseMenu

soo i signed up online to donate my stem cells but now im scared

"Myth: Stem cell donation is painful.

Fact: Canadian Blood Services facilitates two types of procedures - stem cell donation from bone marrow or peripheral blood stem cell donation. For bone marrow donation, the collection of stem cells is taken from the iliac crest and this type of procedure is done under general anaesthetic so the donor experiences no pain. For peripheral blood stem cell donation, the collection is a non-surgical procedure done in an outpatient clinic and does not involve anaesthetic. The donor does not experience pain during either procedure."

The day i decided to sign up for this because i listened to katha and it was about how God owns this body and we act like its ours.

If my body is going to perish one day anyways why not make some use of it by helping others.

I dont know if i'd have the guts to grow through with this. Im gonna get tested and then im going to be in the stem cell network which means theres not even a guarantee of me even getting a chance to donate. hmmm id like to hear about other peoples opinions on this subject grin.gif