Gatka Help

pun9ab1

Well, we have just started a gatka class in our Gurudwara and I needed some help in that area. I will be teaching gatka to little kids but I can't remember much about gatka when i did it in my early days. First, can anyone find me a prayer and dance everyone does before doing gatka. Also I'm sure how to plan these lessons since I don't want to be too hard on kids. We have most of the equipment so no worries there. Also, I don't want these kids thinking with gatka they can go around hitting people, how do i go about that? Also, if someone could give me some history on gatka that would be nice.

Guest peacemaker

You are in no position to teach Gatka if you can't remember the basics, sorry. I think you need to see a teacher yourself, first, before you can teach. Otherwise, the blind will be leading the blind and you know how far that will get you.

Gatka is for self defense, so why teach it if u dont want the kids to use it when needed , its sole purpose is for defense, weird man. The sahibzadas were at wars when they were young, i mean this softy approach we have these days r producing teletubbie ludo sikhs. they cant even get of the sofa to collet their food let alone help others. singhs r lions and kick <admin-profanity filter activated> when they have tooo

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Veer Ji great to see Maharaj has done kirpa and is starting Gatka classes at your local Gurdwara.

No disrespect but from your post I can clearly see you have not grasped the basics of Gatka so obviously you cannot pass down something you do not know about.

The "dance" i think your on about is the Pakarma.

If you are serious about this please contact an organised Gatka Akhara and ask for the best way to go about this.

www.khalsapanth.co.uk if you contact the admin there i am sure they will help out.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Maybe I didn't say it clearly. I have done gatka since the age of 9 til the age of 16 in india and in Phoenix and have been to many gatka akharas. What I'm looking for is a lesson plan and a prayer that is done before starting gatka and exercises during gatka to re-fresh my mind, I can't teach them without knowing the basics and that is why i need you guys help.

1978, there is a DANCE done when picking up the weapon it is called panthera.